Preview Changes v Essendon - Round 15, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I cast thee into the depths of the VFL Man-of-Weeds. You no longer soar like an eagle or kick true as an archer's arrow flies.
The one who flits lightly, Tom-of-Sparrow, will join you, to hone your craft, until you are welcomed back into the bosom of the team.

I summon thee, Jakub-of-the-Vine, to guard the calf skin on it's way to the Sticks of Score. May you be as strong as an Oxen and hard as the most solid stone.
I call upon you, Benneth the Brown, may your leading patterns fly as does the crow and you stab at your enemies, with 6 point thrusts until they are left bloodied and broken.

out: Weid, Sparrow
in: Viney, B.Brown/M.Brown/Chandler/Bedford/Melksham

yeah let's bring in another forward who hasn't shown anything at all this year.. let's just wait for either Brown or Weid to knock the door down again before bringing them in cause they are tall
Weid and Sparrow out.
Chandler and Viney in

out- Sparrow, Weideman
in- Viney, Melksham

if fit Viney is a straight swap for Sparrow, who had a bit of a shocker yesterday.
and i don't think the tall forward line has really worked for us on what i've seen so far, so i reckon they should just go in smaller this week without Weideman and probably bring back Melk instead, seeing as we also really lacked connection forward this week.
also i'd throw Weideman into defence in the VFL when it resumes and see how that pans out over a few weeks. time to try something different with him i feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree with those going ...

Out: Sparrow, Weideman
In: Melksham, Viney (if fit)

Everyone else has performed well enough recently to be forgiven one bad game.
Viney's an auto-in if fit and we really need Melsham for those pin-point passes inside 50 he so often delivers. Way too much bombing it in high yesterday. I'll accept his occasional brain fade in exchange for that skill as it results in so many goals.
The forward line functioned far better without the extra tall, so we shouldn't replace Weideman with one. Go back to what worked so well in the early rounds.

Jayden Hunt has the lowest bar for a 'good game' of any MFC player in history. He got on his bike again and got the ball but * me his kicking was embarassing.
Wasn't a drop worthy game and it was better but * me how about kicking it to someone on the same team

Jayden Hunt has the lowest bar for a 'good game' of any MFC player in history. He got on his bike again and got the ball but fu** me his kicking was embarassing.
Wasn't a drop worthy game and it was better but fu** me how about kicking it to someone on the same team
Went at 82% with 2 clangers on 17 touches and did pretty damn well - heck I had him in our top half dozen. Lots of people had a way dirtier day than him.

Went at 82% with 2 clangers on 17 touches and did pretty damn well - heck I had him in our top half dozen. Lots of people had a way dirtier day than him.
Lol you get effective disposals for bombs to contests. One was a bad bomb that Luke Jackson came from out of position to mark. Watch his highlights on the AFL site because I have.

Just because others were worse than him doesn't mean he had a good game. He had about an average game for what he should be doing.

Jayden Hunt has the lowest bar for a 'good game' of any MFC player in history. He got on his bike again and got the ball but fu** me his kicking was embarassing.
Wasn't a drop worthy game and it was better but fu** me how about kicking it to someone on the same team
Saying that his kicking is embarrassing is a bit of a stretch? Considering LeverPuller pointed out that he had only two direct turnovers while the majority of it did hit targets or as you say went to a 50/50 contest. Watching the full replay his kicking wasn't as 'embarrassing' as you say to be honest..

His other mates like Petracca and Oliver were far more embarrassing with their Hollywood style bullshit.

Hunt to me has been in poor form the past 3 weeks. Had he put in another poor performance then he would have been on the chopping block for me. But he tried to take the game on when others around him were flat and stagnant, and was at least trying to generate run.

Haven’t bothered to watch the game, so playing devil’s advocate. Is it too knee jerk to drop Sparrow? Young, developing player. Played well enough against much better opposition last week.

Young players benefit from continuity and are going to fluctuate in form as they develop. Was he that nightmarish?

Better to judge young players over 2-3 week blocks than a single game imo. Especially at our list’s level of maturity. If he has to make way for Viney, then ok. But otherwise, give another chance especially with no VFL.

Out: Weideman
In: Viney

Jackson and Gawn are flying and TMac having a good year. I think we can gi with 1 less tall.

I’d make Weid and Brown show something at Casey before they get back into the senior side.

Yeah I'd go with this probably.

I don't reckon Viney will play , just reading between the lines in Goody's press conference post match, he said if it's not next week, it will likely be the one after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back