Preview Changes v Essendon - Round 15, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently club had a 2 x 20 min intra club match on Saturday.

Weid barely touched it.

BB kicked a couple of goals and took some strong marks.

Viney played and got through unscathed. Apparently moved well.

Declase super impressive.
Anyone saying persist with a guy who can’t get near it for a bloke with 3 top five finishes in the Coleman needs to get over their biases.

Anyone saying persist with a guy who can’t get near it for a bloke with 3 top five finishes in the Coleman needs to get over their biases.
Anyone who thinks that Ben Brown automatically makes us better and doesn't have obvious negatives he brings to the side needs to get over their biases

I feel like I get really shitty info over here. How confident should we be about Viney playing?

Is it just me or did Declase have a weirdly good highlights reel for a defender? Obviously means nothing for translation to AFL level but weird for a guy with that many tricks to be playing in the backline in the VFL. Must be pretty handy 1v1 or reading the play to keep him back there, which is probably more promising for our purposes.

Also, ******* dreading being shut out of this game. Essendon always get the home game against us which hasn't actually ever mattered before, but have a feeling Dees members will be hard pressed to get a ticket given likely 30% capacity cap. Can't wait until they increase it to 50% the next week so we can get 12k to the GWS game.

Also, ******* dreading being shut out of this game. Essendon always get the home game against us which hasn't actually ever mattered before, but have a feeling Dees members will be hard pressed to get a ticket given likely 30% capacity cap. Can't wait until they increase it to 50% the next week so we can get 12k to the GWS game.

The capacity limits are a joke. They’ll cram everyone in again and close the top level. Literally had better social distancing when we were garbage getting 15k to games than now when they claim they’re doing it but really using it as an excuse to cut costs.

Anyone who thinks that Ben Brown automatically makes us better and doesn't have obvious negatives he brings to the side needs to get over their biases

I was happy to persist with Weid until last week, reckon we have to make a change now. Arguments that replacing Weid with a smaller player have merit and i wouldn't be against that either. But the club seem to want that extra tall forward, so we might as well try BBB there for a month and see if he can do any better.

both have their advantages and disadvantages, Browns advantage is he might actually kick some goals, which will create indirect pressure for defenders and could assist our other forwards in that way

look you w***ers. Lets not worry about the actual game....

We will settle this via a sack race through the Frank Grey Smith Bar at half time. Winner takes all! If that's not your thing we just do a schooner boat race, pick your 5 best.

Just no footy please!

The capacity limits are a joke. They’ll cram everyone in again and close the top level. Literally had better social distancing when we were garbage getting 15k to games than now when they claim they’re doing it but really using it as an excuse to cut costs.
Yeah well I can't blame the AFL, it's the state government that's dealing them the hand with the limits. There's literally no incentive for the AFL to comply, government is just pissing into the wind to keep up perceptions with reduced allowable attendances knowing perfectly well what's going to happen. Just open it up to 50% you bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If BBB needs more time then I am not that worried, thinking long term. Same for Viney, totally want him in the team (Swallow seems like the obvious swap out). But having a bullet proof Viney for finals is better (for me).

Only way Melbourne lose this is if they don't play the team game that has got them to the top spot. Oliver and Petracca are huge talents but they don't need to beat 3 and kick the goal just play their role and get others involved.

Just trust in the game plan and continue to buy into it comes IN. Winning it off my own boot goes OUT.

Don't mind keeping Sparrow in if Viney isn't ready to go.

Weid has to spend some time in the VFL though. Bring in Mitch Brown or a small, don't care which and leave it to the coaches to make the decision.

FB: Lever May Hibberd
HB: Salem Petty Rivers
C: Langdon Petracca Brayshaw
HF: Pickett McDonald ANB
FF: Spargo B Brown Fritsch
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Harmes Jackson Hunt Jordon

Assuming this is how we line up, that would have to be the strongest MFC lineup I've seen in my lifetime (sad boi hours). And it still has multiple whipping boys! Get yourself a team who can do it all. No disrespect to Tommo but we weren't putting our best team on the park prior to his injury. Slots straight back obviously.

Assuming this is how we line up, that would have to be the strongest MFC lineup I've seen in my lifetime (sad boi hours). And it still has multiple whipping boys! Get yourself a team who can do it all. No disrespect to Tommo but we weren't putting our best team on the park prior to his injury. Slots straight back obviously.
And yet if we turn up against the Bombers like we did on QB, we’ll go down. I think we’ll see a pretty strong response this week though.

That's a premiership winning team if ever I've seen one!!!

I was happy to persist with Weid until last week, reckon we have to make a change now. Arguments that replacing Weid with a smaller player have merit and i wouldn't be against that either. But the club seem to want that extra tall forward, so we might as well try BBB there for a month and see if he can do any better.

both have their advantages and disadvantages, Browns advantage is he might actually kick some goals, which will create indirect pressure for defenders and could assist our other forwards in that way
Id go without the tall forward, never at any point have looked like we were losing because we didn't have an extra key forward. But our forward pressure has been a factor a few times.

I'd be going small forward

Think at some stage we need to find out more about the Ben Brown fit. He needs more separation from the other talls in the F50. I wouldn’t be willing to trial it this week. I think it’s a really big game to set the tone for the second half. I’d be fine going small and ramping up the pressure on a young Essendon side too.

MCC will also be a disaster for this game.

1624316168044.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back