Preview Changes v Essendon - Round 15, 2021

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I hope Viney kills someone this weekend.

Don't really care who tbh.
Parish will do. Merrett. Is there someone named McGrath on Essendon's list? Kill him.
IDGAF really, as long as someone's dead by the end of it :thumbsu:

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have a feeling Oliver and Trac will have a big game to assert their dominance over Parish and Merrett this week.
Max will want to prove he is better than last game's effort as well, hopefully Choco gets them all fired up and Goody keeps them switched on.

I hope Viney kills someone this weekend.

Don't really care who tbh.
Parish will do. Merrett. Is there someone named McGrath on Essendon's list? Kill him.
IDGAF really, as long as someone's dead by the end of it :thumbsu:
I would love for it to be Nik Cox

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The puff pieces about Essendon last couple of weeks have been ridiculous. Who have they actually beaten that's any good? WCE is the only side that they've beaten that look like making the 8, and they had half their side out injured. If we can't beat this mob this weekend we may as well give this season away. Send Harmes to that girly man Parish, and Hibbo on that Package fellow and they are beat.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
look you w***ers. Lets not worry about the actual game....

We will settle this via a sack race through the Frank Grey Smith Bar at half time. Winner takes all! If that's not your thing we just do a schooner boat race, pick your 5 best.

Just no footy please!
Suits me

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The puff pieces about Essendon last couple of weeks have been ridiculous. Who have they actually beaten that's any good? WCE is the only side that they've beaten that look like making the 8, and they had half their side out injured. If we can't beat this mob this weekend we may as well give this season away. Send Harmes to that girly man Parish, and Hibbo on that Package fellow and they are beat.
To be fair, no one is calling us premiership favourites. Puff piece is more about how we were expected to battle for the spoon, but now sit only a game out of the 8 despite playing 7 interstate games in 13 rounds. Pretty impressive with the side we've fielded this year.

And we had just as much out as West Coast did that day. Considering no one else has beaten them in Perth including Richmond, I'd say it's impressive.

To be fair, no one is calling us premiership favourites. Puff piece is more about how we were expected to battle for the spoon, but now sit only a game out of the 8 despite playing 7 interstate games in 13 rounds. Pretty impressive with the side we've fielded this year.

And we had just as much out as West Coast did that day. Considering no one else has beaten them in Perth including Richmond, I'd say it's impressive.
Ladder wise aren't Essendon in the same position they have been the last ten odd years.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ladder wise aren't Essendon in the same position they have been the last ten odd years.

They are, but considering where everyone had them preseason in terms of expectation they are doing really well. When Draper, Shiel and Caldwell were all out for 10+ weeks after round 2 I thought they’d struggle to win 5 games for the year.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

Roughead/Moore/Maynard/Madgen killed us. Even Quaynor was peeling off and took 3 contested marks and had 8 intercept possessions.

The Pies have a strong back six who are very good in the air. They kept Port and Cats to low scores even if they lost.

Right because kicking the ball on the head of Brown guarantees no intercept marks. He certainly would have stopped Quaynor.

Plus all the extra pressure he would have put on when the pies exited through the press with ease.

May aswell bring in Melksham if a couple goals regardless of the rest is helpful.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
What is our forward line going to look like at finals time? We need to get this setup sorted out sooner rather then later.
If BBB comes in and he and our smalls can provide enough chasing and tackling and pressure in our F50 then we are set.
Otherwise we need to stick with mid/small forwards and give them enough time to gel for finals.
Chopping and changing tall/small weekly does not help our forward line get any continuity together.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Brown would be more than fine if he could ruck. But at the moment I'd rather play Gawn at FF all game and have Jackson ruck if people are desperate for a tall who isn't mobile forward.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Context is important. We were 2nd or 3rd favourite for the spoon. Finals looked like being 5 years away at the end of last year with Daniher, Saad, Fantasia and McKenna leaving.
We've played one of the youngest and least experienced sides and picked up long term injuries to key players.
Obviously it's not a given, but I can see a difference between how we are now and how we were under Woosha.

Also, I reckon Jordon should be a wingman full time opposite Langdon. Nothing against Gus who's busted his arse to try and make it work but Jordon is an upgrade looking ahead imo. Probably wont happen but Gus would be the player I'd have make room for Viney in our best 22 for the remainder of this season.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also, I reckon Jordon should be a wingman full time opposite Langdon. Nothing against Gus who's busted his arse to try and make it work but Jordon is an upgrade looking ahead imo. Probably wont happen but Gus would be the player I'd have make room for Viney in our best 22 for the remainder of this season.
Jordan on the wing absolutely makes sense. He's not a stoppage player.

Back