Preview Changes v Essendon - Round 15, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

BBB won’t stay out for long I suspect. More an issue of VFL needing to actually play.

More an issue of him playing a decent game first, he was absolutely shithouse before the VFL went on its break.

I would have liked to have seen Sparrow out for Bedford or Chandler but it's not a very deal. :(
Yeah, that was my preference as well, but given Casey haven't played for a month, I suspect that's the reason behind those two, as well as Brown not getting a crack, which is completely fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On fox, he said weed was dropped and then said Ben Brown is also dropped.
Oh don’t start. My partner went on a 10 minute rant about Morris being a clueless, unprofessional slimeball after that. He gets really really intense about that guy.

Oh don’t start. My partner went on a 10 minute rant about Morris being a clueless, unprofessional slimeball after that. He gets really really intense about that guy.

I don't really give a stuff, was just hilarious that they introduced him as the best in the business and then he drops a bloke who hasn't played in a month lol

For whatever reason, the VFL standard is even further away from the AFL at the moment. 5 goals in the VFL isn't worth a pinch of sh*t.

Well Benny Brown can't even get 5 touches so that tells you how well he's going 😂

Like that we have gone small. The selections this year have pretty much always what we have been calling for, big change from years gone by.

Will be watching Sparrow closely, hoping he gets a shitload of tackles. He surprised me in the VFL with his kicking but that was from centre bounce clearances. It's a lot different on a flank.

Also Interested to see how Harmes also goes with Viney in, hoping he can kick a few roving goals from stoppages like early in the QB, that's one of his best traits.

Like that we have gone small. The selections this year have pretty much always what we have been calling for, big change from years gone by.

Will be watching Sparrow closely, hoping he gets a shitload of tackles. He surprised me in the VFL with his kicking but that was from centre bounce clearances. It's a lot different on a flank.

Also Interested to see how Harmes also goes with Viney in, hoping he can kick a few roving goals from stoppages like early in the QB, that's one of his best traits.

Edited to say this will be a fascinating match I think. McDonald and a resting ruckman up forward only.

For me Sparrow comes across as quite raw in large patches. He certainly looks like a solid unit though, and if you are highlighting he needs to focus on being a tackling machine while he finds his feet, I agree.

The role I like for Harmes is a tagging type role but still has other impacts so it is not just a negative job. I just feel he gets a bit lost in most games otherwise. I think he is a player that supporters have differing views on what role he should play though.

Agree Harmes is best with a run with role, keep someone quietish and get his own footy.

I think an extra tall would've stretched Essendon's defence, but neither BBB or Weid are in any sort of form so the smaller/more mobile setup hopefully gets the job done. Need our pressure to be up though and be smarter with our entries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back