Preview Changes v Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

He's gonna run him into form in the seniors. Well, one thing is, at least it increases the gamestime the back 6 get to spend together, for next season.
Building repore and confidence, amongst our Back Brother-hoods
rapport

This club loves nothing more than bringing in returning players after long injury layoffs after half a VFL game 🤦‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're not alone there. Most clubs don't give their returning stars a single run in the VFL, let alone two. Unless it's something like an ACL. If he's trained properly (no guarantee under Misson) then he'll be a bit rusty at AFL level but we'll be better for having him out there.

We're not alone there. Most clubs don't give their returning stars a single run in the VFL, let alone two. Unless it's something like an ACL. If he's trained properly (no guarantee under Misson) then he'll be a bit rusty at AFL level but we'll be better for having him out there.

I can't be bothered to do the research about other clubs but I'm sure most give their players more time in the VFL after really long layoffs.

This year has been really poor in terms of selecting underdone players though - Round 1 we had a handful who were clearly a game or two short of a gallop, we played Lever after one and a half games in the VFL (including where he tweaked an ankle) ... just doesn't make sense playing Nev after half a VFL game considering the situation of our year and how important he is to us.

Pruessy 1 out by looks of those changes. Wouldnt have dropped Weid but 3 good ins

Pruessy 1 out by looks of those changes. Wouldnt have dropped Weid but 3 good ins
Seems to have a calf injury, not dropped.

I guess we can throw Oliver forward a bit. Other than that it’s the Preuss and a small cluster of blokes half his height. Could be interesting, though I’m not sure if in a good way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weideman out lever in. May forward?
Doubt it with finally getting basically our best 6 back there. But this is melbourne so probably.
Seems to have a calf injury, not dropped.

I guess we can throw Oliver forward a bit. Other than that it’s the Preuss and a small cluster of blokes half his height. Could be interesting, though I’m not sure if in a good way
Oh sweet then yeah glad that was the change then. Accidently put 50 on petracca to be leading goalkicker in round 1 so hopefully dabs a few. I thought bet was just for round 1 but it was for the season

I like the idea of a small mobile forward line. I’m hopeful it may make our forward entires a little less conventional and thus be more efficient.

I like the idea of a small mobile forward line. I’m hopeful it may make our forward entires a little less conventional and thus be more efficient.
I don’t mind it. The bulldogs don’t boast an overly tall outfit and are quite mobile. Petracca can play a CHF role and Preuss is the obvious tall target. Hannan, Brayshaw and Fritsch isn’t a bad forward combination. Be good to see Hannan have a big game, same with ANB.

Personally would’ve liked to see Salem line up on a wing with Jones at HB.

Omac to FF.

So stupid that it might actually work

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I only recall one occasion where he was kicking for goal ever in his career at Melbourne.

Even acknowledging the minute sample size, that recollection is more than enough to state confidently that your idea won’t work.

Anyone who assumes they have any idea what Goodwin is thinking is doing better than me , I also don't understand why people fixate on player positions when the modern player seems to have a role rather than an old fashion "position" . For the most part it does seem that all players are in either one half or the other .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back