Unofficial Preview Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, footy's (not quite) back.

Sounds like Adams is out but Martin might be ok.
3 cheers for the footy.
After ADAMS last game and two trial games, he might have been struggling to hold his spot, but would appear now very unlikely for the first couple of rounds. Personally would love to see Payne given a chance to debut with no crowds, and perhaps Skinner also, and hopefully they go well and some exposure for Ballenden, Ely Smith etc over the first few rounds.

Birchall for Adams would be my guess
We needed some more run through the middle of the ground after Round 1.
Midfield defensive pressure was terrible.
I don’t mind bringing in Birchall for Adams but we need someone else with pace and defensive pressure in replace of a second Ruck with the shorter format for the rest of the year.

I don’t mind bringing in Birchall for Adams but we need someone else with pace and defensive pressure in replace of a second Ruck with the shorter format for the rest of the year.
They did a brilliant job of slowing/shutting us down and we had almost no response. THat's where the bombing it down the wing comes in. I am still worried a bit about how we can respond to teams who essentially flood against us. I think you are right though... the answer is defensive pressure and forcing turnovers.

Feedback I heard was that once the players took the field, the game plan agreed to was quickly forgotten and players went own way much to the disgust of Fagan & Co. I am sure the next game will have much more discipline instilled in the 22 to follow the strategy set for gameday.

Feedback I heard was that once the players took the field, the game plan agreed to was quickly forgotten and players went own way much to the disgust of Fagan & Co. I am sure the next game will have much more discipline instilled in the 22 to follow the strategy set for gameday.
Should we expect a few changes then?

Should we expect a few changes then?
Well Adams is a definite out so that's one change. I dont think there will be changes due to players performance in round 1 rather than changes due to fitness of players and what the best mix is to match up against Freo.

Well Adams is a definite out so that's one change. I dont think there will be changes due to players performance in round 1 rather than changes due to fitness of players and what the best mix is to match up against Freo.
If you were going to replace like for like you would select Payne. Key forwards were Ok so Skinner will have to wait. Midfield was down so maybe an extra midfielder? To me there will be only one change and that will be Birchall for Payne. Midfield will have to lift.

If you were going to replace like for like you would select Payne. Key forwards were Ok so Skinner will have to wait. Midfield was down so maybe an extra midfielder? To me there will be only one change and that will be Birchall for Payne. Midfield will have to lift.
I think it will depend on how tall the Dockers line up, doubt Hogan will play, and the follow week the Eagles could play three tall forwards with ALLEN included. So at 198cm and over 100kg I think Payne with his athleticism is my preferred choice over the much shorter and slower Birchall. I actually prefer Payne over Adams. Yes maybe Skinner has to wait a few weeks also, as well as Ely and wonder if with the shorter Q's Ballenden gets a chance to be backup ruck and play a role as the 2nd or 3rd tall forward at some point in the season. Think some of the young guys are deserving of some AFL exposure, especially with no crowds. Just glad the footy is almost back and will even be watching the NRL over the next few weeks just to see some live sport, other than the horse racing which has cost me $ the last few months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back