Preview Changes v Freo Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Frawley was a premiership defender. He was virtually best on in the 2015 GF. Did exceptionally well post Melbourne. McLean was reasonable at Carlton, Sylvia was Dustin Martin levels of elite when he produced his best but didn’t have leadership or structure around him and instead he spiralled into bad habits etc. Imagine him at Geelong from 04 onwards. Scary.

Howe? Haha mate Howe is a gun. He has played over 200 and has been part of some reasonably good sides at Collingwood, and albeit a big part of their defence. Dunn was a workhorse. He was definitely not a bad defender at all. Do you realise how much flack he and Frawley copped when we were rubbish? How much they had to repel from opposition just walking the ball forward? He played 200 games of AFL football. That’s unique.

Recruiting was not as bad as you make it out. We had good picks and we picked the best available most of the time. You do realise Melbourne tanked so badly that McClean later came out and said he didn’t want to play for a club of losers? That’s the impact it had, losing was ok because it meant we got another draft pick to ruin.

When did Geelong last have a top 10 pick?

Lynden Dunn (born 14 May 1987) is a retired professional Australian rules footballer who played in the Australian Football League (AFL) for Melbourne from 2005 to 2016 and for Collingwood from 2017 to 2020. He kicked 99 goals in 198 games.

A shame he didn't make it to 200.

Iva gut feeling Salem may be out.? Or will they give him a tryout at HFF.?

I think Brayshaw is going to defence, along with Rivers.?

Who plays wing, IF Brayshaw goes back.? And IF Jordan comes out injured.?

von Rooyen could slot in at CHF.?
He won’t play this year, we will be sticking with a similar group and rightly so. If Melbourne followed BF recommendations and ideas we’d be blooding a new kid every week.

He won’t play this year, we will be sticking with a similar group and rightly so. If Melbourne followed BF recommendations and ideas we’d be blooding a new kid every week.

Instead of blooding kids we play guys who will be delisted by next season, lets never blood anyone and lose game regardless, get the vets to as many games as possible, thats far more important than playing someone who could potentially make a difference now and in the future.

How many of Weid, Hunt, Dunstan and Tomo do people expect to be on our list next year?

Decent chance all are out the door regardless of contracts imo.

How many of Weid, Hunt, Dunstan and Tomo do people expect to be on our list next year?

They'll shop Tommo no doubt. Turner emerging will limit him next year.
Hunt is out of contract and I reckon he'll seek other opportunities.

Weid will stay purely because McDonald and Brown are cooked and we have zero depth. Unless they bring in a established key forward this trade period then who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we just don’t pick Weidemann who kicked 3 for JVR because he is going ok at the moment for Casey but expect him to play as a KPF in round 20 and then a finals campaign?

Yeah, nah.

Blooding kids isn’t going to win us the flag, it’s lifting by 25% across the board with our experienced players.

So we just don’t pick Weidemann who kicked 3 for JVR because he is going ok at the moment for Casey but expect him to play as a KPF in round 20 and then a finals campaign?

Yeah, nah.

Blooding kids isn’t going to win us the flag, it’s lifting by 25% across the board with our experienced players.

Having Weid as our #1 KPF isn't going to win us a flag either, I hate to break the news to you.

Having Weid as our #1 forward isn't going to win us a flag either, I hate to break the news to you.
It can if the midfield goes supernova again like the finals but I think that was the exception not the rule.

Having Weid as our #1 KPF isn't going to win us a flag either, I hate to break the news to you.
Brown was playing pretty poorly pre finals. It’s not going to come down Weidemann playing out of his skin. I’ve literally listed about 7 players that need to lift and it’s definitely smaller forwards etc plus midfielders.

Brown was playing pretty poorly pre finals. It’s not going to come down Weidemann playing out of his skin. I’ve literally listed about 7 players that need to lift and it’s definitely smaller forwards etc plus midfielders.

So youre agreeing with me now, saying we are no worse off playing JVR, thanks.

They'll shop Tommo no doubt. Turner emerging will limit him next year.
Hunt is out of contract and I reckon he'll seek other opportunities.

Weid will stay purely because McDonald and Brown are cooked and we have zero depth. Unless they bring in a established key forward this trade period then who knows.
We're in that funny position that Richmond has been in recent years, where we have minimum 8players outside of our 22 good enough to get a regular game elsewhere, now. If I take this week's 22, and then add (injured or not selected) TMac, BBrown, Bowey, Dunstan, Tomlinson, J.Smith, Chandler, Bedford, and even MBrown & Baker at a stretch, something's gotta give. That's without counting JVR, Laurie, Turner and other youngsters.

I think we need to aim to keep 5-6 of that list of 10, especially with Melk & Hibboi nearing the end.

Yeah, I agree, but we have a weakness up forward with our talls. JvR could get a go IF he can play out of his skin.

If I recall, Brereton played his first game in a final, against Nth. Hes just a baby.

Instead of blooding kids we play guys who will be delisted by next season, lets never blood anyone and lose game regardless, get the vets to as many games as possible, thats far more important than playing someone who could potentially make a difference now and in the future.
Yeah, watts his name again.?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back