Opinion Changes v Freo

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter Moderator #1
Now that the Maggies have played, time to turn our attention to what the team might look like against Freo.

Wines and Dixon obviously the big selection posers. Wines is a certainty to come in, Dixon less certain but still possible.

Might be an unlucky player or two to miss out after a strong team performance in Shanghai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

malcolm

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
liverpool
Now that the Maggies have played, time to turn our attention to what the team might look like against Freo.

Wines and Dixon obviously the big selection posers. Wines is a certainty to come in, Dixon less certain but still possible.

Might be an unlucky player or two to miss out after a strong team performance in Shanghai.
They played the Saints FFS.

We now play Freo away and Geelong at home. A huuuge step up.

Us against the rest

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Drew deserves a call up but Wines will more than like get the gig. Garner imo was better than Hartlett but Hammer will get the nod. Big Dix looked okay but i'm not sure if he is AFL match fit.
Possible ins, Wines - Hartlett - Dixon - Rockliff - Drew - Ebert. ( Garner will be unlucky)

Last edited:

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #4
2 or 3 of Dixon, Rockliff, Garner and Drew should be considered.

Would drop Sam Gray, Motlop and Broadbent.

Ladhams unlucky despite dominating.

Wines and Hammer I'd wait another week on.

Chewy316

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Ebert also due back
Reckon he will come back through the Magpies.

In: Rocky, Ollie, Dixon, Hartlett
Out: Broadbent, Farrell, Lienert, Sam Gray

I think with Rocky and Ollie returning, we will see Robbie Gray play a lot deeper in the forward line as opposed to midfield.

Both Drew and Garner deserve games, and you could say the same thing about Ladhams to a degree. But I know there's no way in hell that they make a ridiculous seven changes coming off a 70 point win in Shanghai.

PowerBaz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Drew deserves a call up but Wines will more than like get the gig. Garner imo was better than Hartlett but Hammer will get the nod. Big Dix looked okay but i'm not sure if he is AFL match fit.
Possible ins, Wines - Hartlett - Dixon - Rockliff - Drew - Ebert. ( Garner will be unlucky)

What you just said is why Ken is coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NoddyHolder

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd rather Dixon has the second game back let down in the sanfl. Ollie was huffing and puffing all game as well. I think they'll both be brought back in though.

Dougal as the incumbent tall forward will obviously have to make way for big Charlie. Houston was keeping Ollie's spot in the midfield warm for him last week so he's the other obvious out.

JUSTWORK

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixons first game in a long time, 5 goals is great but look at the difference in opponents. Give him another game then call him up for Geelong.

Wines is an interesting one, said he was cramping a lot late so maybe give him another run also.

Didn't see the game so probably would look at Drew and one of Garner/Hartlett.

Not sure where Rockliff sits.

Willsy10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2 or 3 of Dixon, Rockliff, Garner and Drew should be considered.

Would drop Sam Gray, Motlop and Broadbent.

Ladhams unlucky despite dominating.

Wines and Hammer I'd wait another week on.
Surely wines comes straight back in after one sanfl game? He hasn't been out that long.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reckon he will come back through the Magpies.

In: Rocky, Ollie, Dixon, Hartlett
Out: Broadbent, Farrell, Lienert, Sam Gray

I think with Rocky and Ollie returning, we will see Robbie Gray play a lot deeper in the forward line as opposed to midfield.

Both Drew and Garner deserve games, and you could say the same thing about Ladhams to a degree. But I know there's no way in hell that they make a ridiculous seven changes coming off a 70 point win in Shanghai.
Looks too slow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom