Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be very much the same sort of weather we got last year when we played Freo in Perth....cold wet and low scoring.
There pace and ability to kick to position is a major worry for me.
Can’t see us winning this one but you never know just what Port will turn up.

Average Attributes
Fremantle Port Adelaide
186.5cm Height 188.0cm
86.1kg Weight 85.2kg
24yr 9mth Age 25yr 1mth
83.7 Games 94.0

So we are slightly taller, slightly lighter, slightly older and have played more games

Total Players By Games
Fremantle Port Adelaide
9 Less than 50 7
5 50 to 99 8
5 100 to 149 1
3 150 or more 6

15/22 of our players are under 100 games, Freo are similar
Our senior players are generally 6-10 year players, whilst theirs are more likely to be 4-6 season players.

Read into that what you will.

Of the teams playing this weekend, here are the 100+ game players:
(Ignoring North (11) and GWS (11) as both are still extended interchanges)

Hawthorn 12
Adelaide 10
Bulldogs 9
Richmond, Essendon, Fremantle 8
Port 7
Saint Kilda, Carlton 6
Gold Coast 5

Last edited:
... Dixon should be ramped. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back for the bulldogs game .....
While I have no idea what ramped means in the context of football I'd be amused if Dixon came back v the Bulldogs. He had easily his best AFL game when we played them at Mars Stadium last year. Dominant contested marking and 5 goals, with excellent conversion of set shots. Doggies fans who remember that game would be vexed if that's the one he returns in.

While I have no idea what ramped means in the context of football ...
Charlie's going to sit the back of an ambulance outside a public hospital for the afternoon. Much better for his health than traveling to Perth.

I can't wait to bring him in and watch him get totally shut out by a Blicavs/Stewart double team rather than give him a chance to hit the ground running against an undersized opponent this week ...
I’d like to know whether we can work out a more effective response to a blindingly obvious Blicavs/Stewart double-team than “Charlie will just have to sort it out himself”.
Especially since our forward line coach is our former defence line coach and should know how to effectively counter a double-team.
Not holding my breath ...

Going to be very much the same sort of weather we got last year when we played Freo in Perth....cold wet and low scoring.
There pace and ability to kick to position is a major worry for me.
Can’t see us winning this one but you never know just what Port will turn up.
Unfortunately a kern hinkley coached port side, very disturbing!

Total Players By Games
Fremantle Port Adelaide
9 Less than 50 7
5 50 to 99 8
5 100 to 149 1

3 150 or more 6
The 100 to 149 bracket represents players who have been 6-7 years in the system.

We have one in the selected side.

We've had the same coach for seven years.

I'm having trouble connecting the dots.

Last edited:
.... Can’t see us winning this one but you never know just what Port will turn up.
We were freakishly poor over there last year. Whatever we deliver it won't be that. Well known names available but left out in place of 'unknowns' who have delivered. I can take that.

It feels ominous to me that we are nearly at gameday and no-one (unless I missed it) has even questioned the absence of a preview thread. We should be excited at the thought that HH is back in the side and Charlie and Ollie not far away, but we know it's going to be the same old same old.
Was just thinking the same thing.
Just zero interest.
FWIW I think we win this.

Rain has eased off a bit so maybe just the odd shower.
Big game today for the lads so let’s hope we bring out kicking boots again this week and put scoreboard pressure on instead of defensive pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back