Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley has always loved the idea of a CHB who pushes deep forward and kicks goals. He tried getting Alipate Carlile to do it of all people. Howard has attributes to do it consistently. I've got no problem with him going back if that's how he's going to be deployed - having him anchored in defence all the time like Rance/McGovern is selling him short, IMO.

Sam Gray doesn't have a spot in this team once Dixon comes back. We've already seen that combination and it doesn't work - Gray isn't a groundball forward like Rozee, Butters, Motlop, Duursma and Amon are. He's more a poor man's Monfries. Add Houston to the mix up forward - who is good at ground level as well - and you've got your forward line set.

Wines will come in for a defender. I don't really care who. Cases could be made for Broadbent (good defender but slow), Lienert (good defender but hesitant) and Byrne-Jones (not a very good defender but fast). If it's not Lienert, it will be when Watts comes back (and I hope he does).

Sam Gray is a fav like Westhoff, Butters or Farrell will be dropped before S Gray IMO. I do see Westhoff adding way though than S Gray.

Ken is an idealist, he always backs what he wants to work.

I don't see why.

Dixon and Ryder KPF.

Hoff on the wing where he plays best.

We keep on hearing 'Westhoff is a wingman'. Justin is pushing 33 and despite last year's occasional run in the midfield I would never have him down as a wingman. Westhoff is nearing the end.

Hammer on Channel 10 tonight said that Rocky will not play. Has not done enough at training to get selected this week.

He also said that he will be making his return to AFL this round.

Yet on C9 they were saying he should be playing.
who the f*** do you believe?

If he doesn't get up, all hell should break loose and certain media personalities should start getting stuck into the club about taking him over there.

Hammer on Channel 10 tonight said that Rocky will not play. Has not done enough at training to get selected this week.

So he was extremely close to playing in China and then suddenly misses 2 weeks instead..

And people said we shouldn’t have been complaining about taking him over there when it quite clearly could have had an influence on his injury.

Skip to 50 seconds here. Rockliff doing high knees there and news reporter saying they’ll be boosted by his return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No

not the take I had on it. Said he was 90% there with a few boxes to tick. Didn’t rule him out.

Rockliff into the midfield, Houston up forward to lock the ball in/kick goals and swap into the midfield, Farrell out. We want players who actively try to keep the ball locked inside forward 50 but also have the ability to dispose efficiently. Farrell does one, Houston does both.

Based on what? Wasn't the whole reason we moved Houston down back in the first place because his forward pressure game wasn't up to it?

Based on what? Wasn't the whole reason we moved Houston down back in the first place because his forward pressure game wasn't up to it?

I’d like to think he’s improved it by now playing in defence all this time. We need good defenders in the forward line who can kick goals and deliver the ball well. Do you reckon Houston would blaze away on a forward 50 entry? I don’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back