Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand where you're coming from here but Bonner just had a 3 goal game off of half back, two of those goals being 55 metre bombs. That wasn't just a solid 'depth' performance, that was a starring role.
I would be playing Bonner on the opposite wing to Amon.

I understand where you're coming from here but Bonner just had a 3 goal game off of half back, two of those goals being 55 metre bombs. That wasn't just a solid 'depth' performance, that was a starring role.

I'm not denying Bonner had a freak game, I just don't value his performance as high as others because it was more pure arse than by design. We won't be playing in perfect 27 degree weather against an opposition with the squirts any time soon. We will be facing off against a Ross Lyon coached team and Bonner is the type of player I'd be hesitant to play. This is all in addition to us possibly having up to 5 senior players returning this weekend, someone will have to make way.

Honestly though, whoever we pick is on a hiding to nothing if they’re expected to repeat their form against the Saints. St Kilda have nothing significant to their team method other than workrate, and the shits undermined that.

Let Bonner stay IMO. He’s had a freebie confidence boost, so if he can’t turn that into something vs Freo, we can drop him then and trade him to one of the new coach teams at the end of the year who love what they saw in Shanghai. A truly Matthew-Bode-At-The-Cattery-In-Front-Of-Ayresy performance

That was Bonner showing what he is really capable of. Id love to see him pushed up onto a wing and out in a position where he can be doing that for us regularly.

I think we should keep Bonner for now, but I don't know if his form will last long, he won't be dropped this week, but I don't see him in our best 22 for the year.

Not sure why we'd be looking at dropping anyone that just played one of their best games while Motlop and Westhoff continue to walk it in.

I know we only beat the Saints but we should be trying to create a better culture. Dropping in form players in favour of gold passes is what we should be avoiding.

That was Bonner showing what he is really capable of. Id love to see him pushed up onto a wing and out in a position where he can be doing that for us regularly.
That was Bonner showing what he's got against witches hats.

I'd suggest SPP is in more danger of being dropped for Wines or Drew ...
SPP has been great this year ....
... SPP being dropped is crazy talk
SPP's been great for pressure acts. He competes and slows up the opposition when it seems no-one else can or will. But the way he get in and under often doesn't result in a possession and unless we have someone there to back him up the ball can still end up in the hands of the opposition. And his conversion rate in shots on goal is dire, not at all like his first few years.
So in summary while I expect him to be picked I wouldn't be too astonished to find I was wrong. If he was given a week off to mentally refresh, or a SANFL game with clear performance targets to meet, I don't think it would be the worst thing for him.

Knowing Ken, Rockliff, Wines and Dixon are probable 'ins'. It is more a question of who makes way. Given Ken's infatuation with the concept of Co Captains Ollie only had to finish vertical on Saturday to be back in the side.

I think Kane Farrell will be in the hot seat and on form Justin Westhoff should make way for Dixon but I doubt that will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all these foot injuries from optus surface, anyone who is returning from lower leg injuries should be omitted

How come when they built that stadium they didn’t bother to have a good surface? The whole reason it’s built is to play footy on it.

How come when they built that stadium they didn’t bother to have a good surface? The whole reason it’s built is to play footy on it.
No it's built to a) Maximise revenue and b) Show WA as having a top rated stadium (if you don't mind an enclosed bowl that when all is said and done isn't that different from countless other fully enclosed soulless stadiums around the country and world).

Agree. SPP being dropped is crazy talk

Guarding the "fat side " and playing forward which is great fie team but doesn't allow cheap stats .

KMs each match show work this involves. Was in many eyes BOG when Eagles flogged on home track last time in Perth .

Playing his 50th in front of family and friends , take braves guy to drop

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMO

IN: Wines, Dixon, Hartlett, Rockliff
OUT: Farrell, Broadbent, Sam Gray, and a very unlucky Lienert or DBJ

EDIT: Its a lot of changes, but all 4 ins are leaders of this club and should be an absolute priority.

SPP's been great for pressure acts. He competes and slows up the opposition when it seems no-one else can or will. But the way he get in and under often doesn't result in a possession and unless we have someone there to back him up the ball can still end up in the hands of the opposition. And his conversion rate in shots on goal is dire, not at all like his first few years.
So in summary while I expect him to be picked I wouldn't be too astonished to find I was wrong. If he was given a week off to mentally refresh, or a SANFL game with clear performance targets to meet, I don't think it would be the worst thing for him.
I'm really concerned about his kicking right now especially. Drew looks good. Ollie looks good.
He's been variable... had a few really good quarters. Those saying he's been great are being too generous

Here is my team for the week

Broadbent Jonas Lienert
Dbj Clurey Burton
Westhoff Wines Amon
Rozee Ryder Howard
R Gray Dixon S Gray
Lycett SPP Boak
Houston Durrsma Butters Farrell

So bonner and Motlop Out
For Dixon and wines via Westhoff moving to the wing

Houston can continue his mid role he had last week.

Rocky and HH to have a game in the SANFL and than come in for DBJ/ broady and push Houston back to defense if HH shows form

Ebert probably pushes butters/ Farrell out if he finds form in the sanfl

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back