Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he will come back through the Magpies.

In: Rocky, Ollie, Dixon, Hartlett
Out: Broadbent, Farrell, Lienert, Sam Gray

I think with Rocky and Ollie returning, we will see Robbie Gray play a lot deeper in the forward line as opposed to midfield.

Both Drew and Garner deserve games, and you could say the same thing about Ladhams to a degree. But I know there's no way in hell that they make a ridiculous seven changes coming off a 70 point win in Shanghai.
Hartlett's game vs Sturt was average, even Lokan said that. Garner was far better.

I was kind of hoping since Hammer's last game was against the Cats at AO his first game back would be the same, but regardless it's good to have him back.

Assuming Rockliff not ready of course. If Rocky is ready then we lose some leg speed and as good as he’s been playing, because of the game being a crash and bash low scoring game, I might think Butters might miss or Farrell might not be of value up forward.
Butters was fantastic in china. No chance, he's class in a side lacking class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP's disposal by foot is a concern, but no less so than Wines whose kicking is now borderline horrendous, epitomised by that absolute Barry Crocker in Tassie a season or so back when he had no opponent in the same post code when only about 35 metres from goal on a slight angle and he dropped the ball sideways onto his foot with the laces facing backwards o_O, and it went exactly where it should have gone given that technique, ie at right angles and out of bounds on the full.

If a 10 yo had a technique like that any coach worth his salt would pull him aside and give him a spray, and I doubt said player would be seen as captain material. :rolleyes:
Ollie’s kicking is poor for a so called top end player. Spp just tries to kick it to hard. That’s what it looks like to me. Compared to our premiership team the current crop of on ballers are terrible kicks.

Ken knows lots about footy. Said so on AA tonight when responding to a callers text... laughed at it, he’s definitely never read BigFooty!

You would like to think Ken's self professed knowledge is based on some sort of trial and error process but we cannot even say that. Ken makes the same errors and learns nothing from them.

Good to hear Hartlett's back

But given Ken's propensity to gleefully let everyone know our named team and structures at every opportunity, his lack of enthusiasm regarding Howard playing forward is astonishing

Yeah it went something like "I love passionate supporters but I know a lot more than they do". :cool:

Knowledge =/= wisdom, Ken. You've got more information than the average punter does but that doesn't mean you're any good at using it.

Garner should never have been dropped in the first place.

I agree with this, but I still wouldn't have him in this week. He shouldn't have been dropped while Broadbent was still in the side, but now that Broady is most likely about to make way for Hartlett and we may well lose another player from our overloaded defence for Rockliff, I'm not sure who else would go out for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back