Preview Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I normally wouldn't say selection should be based on this, but anyone that has to play for the Magpies to qualify them for finals gets dropped, or not selected for the Power.

I know the A's is the main game, but this week the A's isn't about winning or finals, so lets maximize our chance to win the B grade flag this year in this week's in selection.
I agree REH but Hinkley will never do it. Not a club man, never has been. In fact, he'll go the other way.

I'd love for us to win the sanfl flag but I'm not advocating for certain players to not be picked if they deserve it, such as Drew and Frampton. If they deserve it then so be it. However I can imagine players eligible for sanfl finals will be picked for the afl this week and players ineligible will be dropped which will just stuff us up the following week in our sanfl qualifier. What Hinkley touches turns to crap and it also spreads.

The best outcome for the Magpies is Lycett, Howard and undeservedly Motlop are picked and Marshall is undeservedly demoted.

Just think this year if we were winning lots of afl games and looking strong whereby we weren't chopping and changing our side every week then we'd have two strong and stable teams going deep into finals. Instead our afl crap could derail the Magpies too. Thanks Hinkley.

I'd love for us to win the sanfl flag but I'm not advocating for certain players to not be picked if they deserve it, such as Drew and Frampton. If they deserve it then so be it. However I can imagine players eligible for sanfl finals will be picked for the afl this week and players ineligible will be dropped which will just stuff us up the following week in our sanfl qualifier. What Hinkley touches turns to crap and it also spreads.
I think if they can play AFL and still be eligible for the SANFL finals then its ok to select them. But personally, I think playing in the SANFL finals is actually a good reward for those guys who have toiled their all year, rather than missing out because they played a token AFL game at the end of the season.

To me, that latter situation would be more of a kick in the balls. But thats just me.

I think if they can play AFL and still be eligible for the SANFL finals then its ok to select them. But personally, I think playing in the SANFL finals is actually a good reward for those guys who have toiled their all year, rather than missing out because they played a token AFL game at the end of the season.

To me, that latter situation would be more of a kick in the balls. But thats just me.

I think we're on the same page.

What I'm saying is that if Drew plays afl this weekend he will not able to play sanfl next week because he has not been officially dropped (even if we make the afl finals because the afl has a bye during the first finals of the sanfl) ... but we've still got to pick our best side for the afl game. It is just the circumstances of our afl side being so bloody inconsistent that it could derail our sanfl finals because we want to pick Drew, Frampton, and Trengove, but not drop Marshall, then we'd be entering the first sanfl final without them plus without Motlop, Howard, and any other dropped ineligible player.

There wouldn't be many more people than me that very much wants to win an sanfl flag. I'm still wanting us to gun for that sanfl flag.

The best outcome for the Magpies is Lycett, Howard and undeservedly Motlop are picked and Marshall is undeservedly demoted.

Just think this year if we were winning lots of afl games and looking strong whereby we weren't chopping and changing our side every week then we'd have two strong and stable teams going deep into finals. Instead our afl crap could derail the Magpies too. Thanks Hinkley.

I think we're on the same page.

What I'm saying is that if Drew plays afl this weekend he will not able to play sanfl next week because he has not been officially dropped (even if we make the afl finals because the afl has a bye during the first finals of the sanfl) ... but we've still got to pick our best side for the afl game. It is just the circumstances of our afl side being so bloody inconsistent that it could derail our sanfl finals because we want to pick Drew, Frampton, and Trengove, but not drop Marshall, then we'd be entering the first sanfl final without them plus without Motlop, Howard, and any other dropped ineligible player.

There wouldn't be many more people than me that very much wants to win an sanfl flag. I'm still wanting us to gun for that sanfl flag.

In order to qualify for SANFL Finals, Drew cannot play for the Power, while Sutcliffe and Lienert must play for the Magpies.

Ladhams and Marshall were the only one that have qualified that played for the Power past weekend. They should be dropped.

Howard, Motlop, Lycett, and Duursma could all be called up without interfering with the Maggies.

Ken just said in his presser that Lycett, Drew and McKenzie will be added to the squad. Didn't elaborate on who would actually play given that it's a Sunday game and that isn't made official until tomorrow.

Hard to.believe you lose by nearly 15 goals and we aren't really seeing much change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back