Prediction Changes v GCs

What hilarious changes will we make this week?

• Out: RO'B, In: Jacobs

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Out: CE-Y

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Out: Jenkins

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Out: Kelly

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Out: Murphy

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • In: Stengle

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • In: Himmelberg

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • In: The FOG

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Out: Mackay

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • In: Gibbs

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • In: Wilson

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • In: Greenwood

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Imo Walker should be mainly at FF 1:1 in the goal square with more mobile forwards like Fog further up the ground.
1:1 or even 2:2 is a pipe dream the way we’re playing.

I understand where you’re coming from but unless we change our ball movement pronto, there’s no 1:1 anytime soon.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking at our line up from Saturday again, there really are some absolute non-AFL standard players in our line up at the moment. Couple them with players out of form and a s**t game plan and it’s a disaster zone.

We need to move the following out of the side as a matter of priority: Hartigan, Kelly, Murphy, Mackay, Poholke, CEY, Knight, ROB

On watch: Atkins, JJ, Tex, Lynch, Betts - I want to see if all our forwards have really fallen off a cliff, or if it is the s**t ball movement from our backline and mids that’s causing the issue.

Inured: Jones

Who can replace them on a like for like (not that I think each player needs a like for like replacement): Hartigan (Otten), Kelly (Sholl), Murphy (Stengle), Mackay (Gallucci), Poholke (Gibbs), CEY (Greenwood), Knight (McHenry), ROB (Sauce inj)

That still leaves us to find spots for Fog, Himmelberg, Wilson, Seedsman(inj), Brown (inj), Hamill

FB42C947-FE16-4018-B517-2BC443B788D7.png

Fogarty better be lined at FF this week.. or else!

Why? that's just wasting time with how we've set up our squad.

If we want Fogarty in the squad, it's simply defender or bust for the next 2 and a bit seasons. May as well give him the best shot to be able to become it. Well it's either that, or we completely blow up this squad but considering how we've set up our cap spend, I highly doubt we'll have the balls to do so.

Gosh we paid a steep price for losing Cameron if Fog doesnt develop into something.

No we didn't. Fog developing or not is completely irrelevant to what we got for Cameron.

Pick 12 is always a good price for Cameron, and will always be a good price for the player we had. What happens with that pick 12 doesn't matter whatsoever in that conversation.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
As much as our forwards are felching truckers at the moment, consider this:

Round 4 2019 vs North (loss) we had 36 inside 50’s

Round 21, 2018 Vs North (win) we had 56 inside 50’s

If you can’t move the ball with pace and accuracy then your forwards have no chance.

We can’t move the ball. So even serially soft effort guys like JJ can’t be blamed

We had more inside 50’s when we lost by near 100 points last year against Melbourne up at Traegar

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How will Lachie Sholl fair in Don’s “merit based system”?

Last 2 weeks 34 and 25 possessions, running around half back like an unregistered dog.

Should be promoted - zero chance of it happening
And with his leg it’s exactly what we need, allows us to move Milera into the midfield permanently.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Jenkins is out it won’t be for Fog, it will be for Himmelberg especially with ROB in ruck.

Makes me laugh listening to the twits on 5AA, they won’t play Himmelberg because they need Jenkins to help in ruck, have they seen him ruck?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Jenkins is out it won’t be for Fog, it will be for Himmelberg especially with ROB in ruck.

Makes me laugh listening to the twits on 5AA, they won’t play Himmelberg because they need Jenkins to help in ruck, have they seen him ruck?

If you listen to certain loo lahs, ok one in particular, you’d think JJ had been in sparkling form all over the ground

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How will Lachie Sholl fair in Don’s “merit based system”?

Last 2 weeks 34 and 25 possessions, running around half back like an unregistered dog.

Should be promoted - zero chance of it happening
I'd pick him, but with more pressing issues to fix in the squad he probably misses.

Was told by someone in the SANFL setup last weekend that they're very presently surprised by just how well he's taken to senior footy and he's already on the coaches for greater responsibilities.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone with a medical background...does "acute and longstanding or chronic pathologies" mean that has been playing injured for a long time? It has looked like it.

If they are saying he ain't playing till he is healthy, then: hooray

It could mean one of a couple of things, either he’s had a meniscus tear previously which has been managed conservatively (which is not unreasonable) and he’s simply worsened the tear a few weeks ago. These tears never properly heal on their own, but once settled down, the tear doesn’t necessarily cause restriction.

The other scenario is that he could have degenerative type tears, where his meniscus has gradually torn over time due to the high loads going through the knee and he’s since had an active incident making these chronic tears worse.

Essentially, he’s worsened a pre-existing tear.

Meniscus is a difficult pathology to treat and the evidence suggests that most should be treated without surgery, however some do go on to need it and it does depend on the tear.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you listen to certain loo lahs, ok one in particular, you’d think JJ had been in sparkling form all over the ground
Whilst given our lack of inside 50s Jenkins gets some slack his lack of effort doesn’t and if we want to send a message he has to go.

I believe one of the reasons we are moving it so slow is they know no one in our forward line can mark, or crash a pack and make a contest, Himmelberg can. This is a no brainer if the coaches are serious or is it too important to protect our long term contracted forwards.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd pick him, but with more pressing issues to fix in the squad he probably misses.

Was told by someone in the SANFL setup last weekend that they're very presently surprised by just how well he's taken to senior footy and he's already on the coaches for greater responsibilities.
But his position is a major pressing issue, we can’t move the ball out of defence and we can stop playing games with Milera and make him a mid. I’d also like to see Smith on the wing.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
But his position is a major pressing issue, we can’t move the ball out of defence and we can stop playing games with Milera and make him a mid. I’d also like to see Smith on the wing.
Our contested ball is a huge issue, as is our forward set up.

Milera to the midfield i totally agree with however we are going to have to endure some pain with that in the short term. Every time we've seen Junior in there this season he gives his opponent too much space, he will learn but it'll take time.

I'd pick the kid simply because he's in form. Hes raw and skinny but let's see what he can do.

Back