Preview Changes v Geelong, R23 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

the 29% that weren't effective were absolute howlers.
Keep him in I say, but he's not to go anywhere near a boundary line....corridor only! Some of his work in the centre was excellent, so enough to warrant another go. We may choose to move Atkins to sub this week though, as he seemed spent against the Weagles. Gives Lyons a chance for a full game.

Id say starting Lyons in the midfield and dropping Crouch to sub would be the logical change. Crouch has probably been our worst in a host of great wins over the past few weeks. Hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been what Id consider good either. Lyons has looked good overtime he has come in at half forward, and we all know how competent he is as an inside midfielder.

Wouldn't bat an eyelid either if Kerridge/Grigg came in for Crouch and was the sub. However, I think Kerridge is as good as gone and is just playing through the year in the SANFL and hence won't be named.

If it was me personally, Id drop Crouch for Grigg, but as I said, no harm in him staying in, but he doesn't warrant a starting spot. Lyons should get a shot now before we go into finals.

Given the game is likely to be inconsequential for our ladder position, the selectors need to have a very clear impression of their finals line-up.

Of particular importance will be who needs a reduced workload, is Lyons in our best 22 (and hence must play in the 21 this week), and is there anyone else who needs a hit out so they are ready to go as an emergency next week e.g Grigg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back