Unofficial Preview Changes V Geelong (Reid rested, Ramsay dropped. Smith and Dunn in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree. He needs an extended run in the ones.

Extended bench is always named in the VFL.

Edit: my bad, responded to the wrong post.

Last edited:
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also I think Dunn probably a better match up for tomahawk, he is a genuine gorilla defender (or anti-gorilla defender).
Ideally that would release Reid to forward line if not for being so injury-prone.

Injury prone is a stretch. Played 17 games last year and all five this season. Had two bad years prior to that and prior to those two years played 20+ games four years running.

His form is just ok and Dunn is flying. Prudent to rest him after a five day break. Moving Reid forward is not the answer. Not while his form is so-so.

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Except Danger can kick....

And Treloar can kick, the issue is that neither do it consistently well. Danger arguably a little more consistently.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Broomy & Crisp named in VFL side. Doesn't mean it can't change, but it gives an idea of what they're thinking.

Full extended bench always named in the VFL.

Soaring Magpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hmmm, all sounds logical. The only thing I'd add, is lightning fast movement of the ball into the forward line to give our forwards a chance.

Ultimately, a 5 day break plus lack of confidence will probably mean we'll be looking for win number 2 against the Blues.
Coming off a 5 day break means we must start well, if we are behind at 1/2 time there is no chance as we will tire as the game goes on

Bill_Cosby

Draftee
Apr 28, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I went training today. Schaz and Reid both weren't at training. Cox and Phillips were last ones on the ground talking to Bucks so I'm assuming those 4 aren't in.

Luke321

Senior List
Mar 18, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Taking a guess.
Greenwood in to tag Selwood
Mayne in Broomhead out
Sharenburg in Ramsay out
Last bench spot between Phillips/Crisp not sure who goes into the team out of those two

McOrist

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
The East
AFL Club
Collingwood
Taking a guess.
Mayne in Broomhead out
Sharenburg in Ramsay out
Last bench spot between Phillips/Crisp not sure who goes into the team out of those two

Both Crisp and Phillips will stay in the side. Greenwood is already in the side from last week.
In: Dunn, Sharenberg, Mayne
Out: Reid, Ramsay, Broomhead

Shaz isnt exactly dominating the VFL, I dont get the "its time, just play him" comments. He will struggle just as much as Ramsay.

No One at the Moment is Dominating at VFL Level

I went training today. Schaz and Reid both weren't at training. Cox and Phillips were last ones on the ground talking to Bucks so I'm assuming those 4 aren't in.
Cox is named on the ground and not in the VFL squad, so I'd be very surprised if he didn't play.

Taking a guess.
Mayne in Broomhead out
Sharenburg in Ramsay out
Crisp isn't getting dropped after a 27 disposal + goal game.

Why would Bill Cosby go to Collingwood training? I'm calling BS.

Except Danger can kick....
Mate, his nickname at Adelaide was clangerfield for years. His kicking is bog ordinary, definitely no better than Treloars.

Mate, his nickname at Adelaide was clangerfield for years. His kicking is bog ordinary, definitely no better than Treloars.

and People say Danger is just about the Best Player in the AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back