Unofficial Preview Changes V Geelong (Reid rested, Ramsay dropped. Smith and Dunn in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Josh Smith and Dunn are locks considering they are named on field. I'm thinking Broomhead might be rested given his knock last week.

Will probably be a late change or 2 I reckon depending who is feeling right on the day.

personally, I would bring both Shazza and Mayne in for Ramsay and Broomhead. I wouldn't play Smith...but at least he is fresh given he didn't play any level last week.

Seems like Josh Smith and Dunn are locks considering they are named on field. I'm thinking Broomhead might be rested given his knock last week.

Will probably be a late change or 2 I reckon depending who is feeling right on the day.

personally, I would bring both Shazza and Mayne in for Ramsay and Broomhead. I wouldn't play Smith...but at least he is fresh given he didn't play any level last week.

I can understand Dunn coming in for Reid but Bringing Smith in instead of Schaernberg is just Stupid. Smith will not make us any better where Schaz could and should in the Future

Yes, my 3 outs from extended bench would be Broom, Ramsay & Phillips.
IMG_4562.PNG

Would be great to see Crisp dropped.

Might be the kick he needs
Crisp had 27 disposals, 7 tackles and a goal this week. He's been average up to now, but surely that's not a performance to be dropped on the back of.

The one thing I want to see this week is Greenwood tag Selwood.

I know we don't tag anymore, but geez Selwood was the difference last week. Geelong don't go deep in the midfield...although they have improved this year. That said, if you stop Danger and Selwood it is still a huge thing.

Crisp to Danger and Greenwood to Selwood. Then back Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom and Wells to beat Duncan, Guthrie, Horlin-Smith, Parfitt and Murdoch.

Clearly our midfield would beat theirs if you took our Danger and Selwood.

We must tag this week!!!!

Also, get Mayne in to forward tag Tuohy. Cats have no pace off half back except for Tuohy,

Yeah i dunno id say treloar and danger kick about the same. Both struggle to control it at top pace. Dangers just look better cos geelong move the ball quickly to their forwards so they can move into space and catch defenders out of position.

I like your username.

I like your username.
Thanks mate. Nothing special Fonze is just what people call me. I only just joined. Never heard of bigfooty till recently. Deadset changed my life. Great too see all other supporters opinions and views. Its also good to have conversations with others who actually know and love footy. Dunno if work is too happy with me on my phone all the time though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith for Ramsay...

So, like for like. Inept medium sized defender for inept medium sized defender.

Good job Bucks.

Does Bucks WANT to get Sacked by playing less Talented Players and Ignoring our Young Guns?

In:Dunn, Smith

Out:Reid, Ramsay

Collingwood
B:
Jeremy Howe, Henry Schade, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Josh Smith, Lynden Dunn, Brayden Maynard
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Daniel Wells
HF: Travis Varcoe, Darcy Moore, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Alex Fasolo, Mason Cox, Jamie Elliott
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams
Int: Levi Greenwood, Tom Phillips, Jack Crisp, Tim Broomhead
Emg: Jackson Ramsay, Matthew Scharenberg, Chris Mayne

Yeah would have liked to see Shaz get a game - let's just hope we can continue our recent form against the Cats and that some guys start beating down the door from the Magoos!

The one thing I want to see this week is Greenwood tag Selwood.

I know we don't tag anymore, but geez Selwood was the difference last week. Geelong don't go deep in the midfield...although they have improved this year. That said, if you stop Danger and Selwood it is still a huge thing.

Crisp to Danger and Greenwood to Selwood. Then back Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom and Wells to beat Duncan, Guthrie, Horlin-Smith, Parfitt and Murdoch.

Clearly our midfield would beat theirs if you took our Danger and Selwood.

We must tag this week!!!!

Also, get Mayne in to forward tag Tuohy. Cats have no pace off half back except for Tuohy,

Pretty sure Greenwood tagged Selwood last season and kept him to 18 touches.

It would seem remarkable if we don't try the same again.

Selecting Smith ahead of Scharenberg is a travesty. He has no right to be recalled after being omitted then not even playing VFL.
Schaz isn't in competition for a position with Smith. He is 191cm tall, slow, and he will have to displace one of Howe (190cm), Maynard (189cm), or Goldsack (193cm). Or, at a stretch, Dunn (192cm).

And anyway, Schaz has not been banging down the door in the VFL from what i have seen.
He is too slow to chase after nimble 175 - 180cm forwards, and that's why we need someone like Smith or Ramsay in the backline.

From my point though, i would rather have Varcoe play that role in the backline.

From my point though, i would rather have Varcoe play that role in the backline.

Every chance he does anyway, he's more accountable than Smith and he did spend most of his game down there vs Essendon.

Schaz isn't in competition for a position with Smith. He is 191cm tall, slow, and he will have to displace one of Howe (190cm), Maynard (189cm), or Goldsack (193cm). Or, at a stretch, Dunn (192cm).

And anyway, Schaz has not been banging down the door in the VFL from what i have seen.
He is too slow to chase after nimble 175 - 180cm forwards, and that's why we need someone like Smith or Ramsay in the backline.

Smith doesn't have the speed to keep up with nimble small forwards either.

Menengola back this week. As important as any of our second tier mids.

I feel that it will be a very close game. We haven't played well well against your guys for a while. First quarter might tell all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back