Preview Changes v Geelong round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Your faith is an inspiration to us all

#1 MFC fan right here, if anyone has anything negative to say about my fav player Christian Petracca ill knock their bloody block off.

Credit to ya for getting behind another young player battling to secure a first 22 spot.
Personally not sure he's gonna make it but good work showing some confidence in the lad

you shut your whore mouth. Next you'll be telling me my second favourite player Samuel Weideman isn't as good as Charlie Curnow and we should have picked him instead! hahaha what a nuffy, Weid gonna make you look stupid by the end of his career!

you shut your whore mouth. Next you'll be telling me my second favourite player Samuel Weideman isn't as good as Charlie Curnow and we should have picked him instead! hahaha what a nuffy, Weid gonna make you look stupid by the end of his career!

Have to disagree, I watch the Under 18 national championships very closely and it's very clear that we should have packaged up pick 4 and 8 to move up to 2 and get Josh Schache.

As I said at the time in 2015, to me Curnow looks to have a fragile kneecap

Cats are much better than last year and their style will cause us more problems and give their potent forward line better looks.

Their midfield is still fragile against the best with their fading stars in there and not much else. With Gawn and Dogga back I hope we don't become complacent and think every tap is going our way. I don't want a repeat of that 7 or so goal burst the Cats put on us last year at Skilled where Stanley was winning taps and they were whisking it out of the middle.

Clarry, Trac and Viney should win us enough ball to give us shots on goal. We are very lucky Stewart isn't playing as he could have had 8+ intercept marks with the form our talls are in. BBB needs to pull his finger out and bring everything to ground against De Koning who is a great grab.

I'll back us to move the ball with a bit more dare and urgency like we did against the Lions and win by 20+

ive sent out many sms' telling Geelong mates how we own them in important games and this is probably important enough for that trend to continue.

Far too many given our scoring woes. Writing sms' cheques that my team cant cash. But * it, Dees by 12 points.

Weird player to tag but I wouldn't mind us sending Harmes to Guthrie tomorrow. He's the Cats leading ballwinner and we've always gotten more value tagging those types over the more damaging mids.

No surprises, gawn and Jackson in for Brown and weideman.

Didn't realise Isaac Smith playing game number 250. Will be nice ruining another milestone game down at that shithole stadium. All that tax money spent on it and you've still got to s**t in a caravan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team sheet reads well, better than Geelong I feel and the Geelong defence looks vulnerable. Huge test coming up.
Just depends if we can keep stengle in check really. Would have liked hunt in to play on him. I'm wondering if we use May on him, Hibberd on Rohan, petty on Hawkins and lever watches Cameron when he's inside 50, and maybe harmes watches him up the ground?

Or just the old faithful pig onto stengle, lever v rohan etc. I'm sure they'll all get a turn

But hes gotta back that up, with more high energy games. one game starring, is not gonna do it.
Chandler has been among the bests plenty of times this year and put up good numbers. Think he's pretty stiff here to not even be an emergency

Chandler has been among the bests plenty of times this year and put up good numbers. Think he's pretty stiff here to not even be an emergency

Strange post by SH, might need to give himself a good talking to to get himself back on track.

Is this our best team for the year?

I reckon the one criticism I'd have of Goody since 2021 is he clearly gives Melksham preferential treatment.
Only thing I can think of is that we've played Melk in a high half forward/wing role at AFL level. Perhaps a slightly different role to Chandler's (even though Melk should be nowhere near a wing or outside role)

Chandler gets hard done by a tone. Hes been better than Bedord at VFL level also.
They are similar enough but Chandler is closer to a Harmes role. Bedford has always had more defensive game in both VFL and AFL.

They are similar enough but Chandler is closer to a Harmes role. Bedford has always had more defensive game in both VFL and AFL.

hasn't knocked an opposition player out with a dump tackle like King Kade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back