Unofficial Preview Changes v Giants Round 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Witherden on the wing if Robbo doesn't get up. We need another good ball user bringing it inside 50 imo, and I also don't think he is a natural defender. We need to see him in a more attacking role. And we certainly need more speed in defence, Birchall is very slow and needs to be managed/rested. He is obviously a good ball user but seems to be carrying an extra 5 or 10 kilos since his glory days at Hawthorn and also gets pushed aside in 1 on 1 contests. Not sure what he is actually providing to the team that others can't. So either Answerth in to replace him or move Bailey back and drop T.Berry for Bundy or preferably both. Could then move AhChee forward to take Bailey's role. Our forward pressure last night was horrible, Geelong's defenders did all the crumbing, we had no ground level presence at all. Bundy was awesome last year with his pressure acts and was always good for a goal or two. I thought he was one of the reasons we turned the season around last year, his experience and forward craft knowledge is something we are really missing I think. With AhChee and Bundy up forward I believe we would have a much more dangerous setup.

Hopefully Robbo & McCluggage are good to go next week. Don't think CEY will be ready for a few weeks.
Fagan appears to favor a two ruck team structure so they both play again this week
Another poor showing by both rucks and he may have to try only one and add another mid the following week

Out: Lester-T Berry --- (Robbo - McCluggage)
In..: Witherden - Cox - (Mathieson-Robertson)

I'd like to see a bruising encounter where GWS come back from being down for a soul stirring win. Or romp it in by 10 goals.

And everyone tell them how good they are . Don't like facing good sides after they've had a loss.
Heh having followed them, the second is the exact scenario that sees them ease off and get rolled the following week far too often.

Any news of any extra players flying to Sydney to join the squad?
No haven't heard/seen anything. I suppose it depends on the next round of AFL matches and IF Lions have to stay in Sydney for a few more weeks. Otherwise you would think the 22 to play GWS, will come from the 27 currently down there.

Ballenden and Christensen aren’t down there.

There are only 5 reserves to choose from.
Sam Skinner
Rhys Mathieson
Deven Robertson
Alex Witherden
Noah Answerth
Thanks briztoon 👍
So my amended suggestion would be:

In: Mathieson, Witherden, Skinner, Robertson
Out: Robinson (inj), Birchall, McStay, T. Berry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline was badly exposed for pace last night. One of Lester or Birchall has to make way for Answerth to provide balance and pace. Ah Chee is starting to find his feet and deserves perseverance.
I agree Linc is being too much of a marking option and not enough of a crumber and not applying enough forward pressure. I would bring in Dev Robertson and have him rotate with Tom Berry in that role and through the midfield.
Long term i would love to see McStay at CHB and Skinner up forward. I am sure McStay would flourish at CHB just like Leppa when moved. A backline of:
Answerth Andrews Gardiner
Rich McStay AhChee
Has nice balance of height , pressure and pace.
All that would be nice but the reality us that last night we got smashed in the Centre clearances in that horrible quarter and lost all momentum which was the reason our backline was exposed.Maybe we just need to be able to rejig our set up more readily when confronted. We're our coaches too slow to react?

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Skinner not up to it in my opinion. Either traded or delisted at the end of the year.

So wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the jury is still out. Must have a great work ethic to be the traveling emergency, but he's also not getting a game at a time where list size is set to be reduced and we've got Fullarton outperforming him as a cat B and Ballenden being preferred in the ruck.

Sam is a great dude and I really hope he makes it, but am not convinced he will.

Skinner not up to it in my opinion. Either traded or delisted at the end of the year.

My opinion is after 4 years for Hipwood and 2 years for McStay the experiment is over.
We cannot get to a flag or win one with that combination. they both play bruise free footy.
Skinner is an unknown and the 1 game he’s played he kicked 2 goals of 5. He May be delisted without another opportunity. If that happens I hope he gets a chance at another club.
Get Jeremy Cameron next year $$ and play Wooler or Ballenden but neither is any more physical than Skinner, after watching our NEAFL last year.
McStay goes back to CHB and Hipwood half forward.
Only my thoughts and open to other opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are you basing that on?
Almost the same issues for Skinner as Matheson. They both need a chance to get into the 22 by injury and then really take that chance and make it impossible for Fagan & Co to leave them out. If this season ends without him getting that chance, I cant see him being included again in season 2021. There are also questions about his pace considering his serious leg issues have definitely taken away some of his speed. I hope I am wrong because I would be happy to see him get his chance again & make it however there have been many players in the same situation as Skinner who were let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back