Unofficial Preview Changes v Giants Round 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to need to put some time into Whitfield, he had a quiet start to the year but is finding quite a bit of it of late. Especially late in quarters.

Would have looked to give one of Lester or Birchall a rest but one of them will likely get the Finlayson matchup.
Going to need all hands on deck in the midfield this week.

Whitfield is an endurance beast running his opponents into the ground. With the shorter quarters he seemed not to have the same effect late in quarters earlier this year but I think has figured out his running patterns now as he has been racking up higher disposals of late. Last few games you see him helping out in the back pocket then later on is on the end of an entry kick to fwd50 and having a shot on goal. Don’t know which of our guys will be best placed to do a full ground roaming role?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

here I am trying to play the video
The one below will work If you want to relive the highlights of that game. Runs for 6 min 20 sec.
To just see "that goal" play from the 4 min 30 sec mark

Witherden just had no legs very late in the game. Not that he is fast anyhow.
Daniels had only 2 kick for the game before that goal.
Time for revenge guys

Yep crazy stuff, sometimes changes are warranted but knee jerk reactions not a good idea.
I’d like to see McStay down back too. Wouldn’t be mad if Payne got a crack though as another tall defender to counter GWS talls.
I don't think there will be any changes for GWS,and we don't want knee jerk reactions after a loss, but you would have to think that a few players are under pressure for this weeks game. McStay is arguably keeping Sam from having a few games. Birchall keeping probably Answerth or Witho out and longer term I think Lester is keeping Payne out, because with Payne in Gardner plays third tall which is a better fit for Gardner. Answerth and Payne would also provide more leg speed in the back than Birchall and Lester.
Last few weeks GWS have looked a bit ordinary so not sure if that is good for us or they will come out really fired up. Does Lester take a tall or Green?

I don't think there will be any changes for GWS,and we don't want knee jerk reactions after a loss, but you would have to think that a few players are under pressure for this weeks game. McStay is arguably keeping Sam from having a few games. Birchall keeping probably Answerth or Witho out and longer term I think Lester is keeping Payne out, because with Payne in Gardner plays third tall which is a better fit for Gardner. Answerth and Payne would also provide more leg speed in the back than Birchall and Lester.
Last few weeks GWS have looked a bit ordinary so not sure if that is good for us or they will come out really fired up. Does Lester take a tall or Green?
I'm probably the wrong person to comment because I've never been on the Lester bandwaggon but one thing I don't question is his endeavour or commitment. I'd rather see Dizzy on the third tall , he seems under a lot more pressure when he doesn't match up physically . I reckon we need a bit more leg speed in our back half ,last year we got away with it because Hodge's judgement and ability to read the play and position others got us out of some tight games.

I'm probably the wrong person to comment because I've never been on the Lester bandwaggon but one thing I don't question is his endeavour or commitment. I'd rather see Dizzy on the third tall , he seems under a lot more pressure when he doesn't match up physically . I reckon we need a bit more leg speed in our back half ,last year we got away with it because Hodge's judgement and ability to read the play and position others got us out of some tight games.
Spot on, Hodge performed a very important role, Birchall...?

Going to need to put some time into Whitfield, he had a quiet start to the year but is finding quite a bit of it of late. Especially late in quarters.

Would have looked to give one of Lester or Birchall a rest but one of them will likely get the Finlayson matchup.
Going to need all hands on deck in the midfield this week.

Can we give a 1 game contract to Nick Robbo...absolutely toweled up Whitfield in our finals match last yr.
If Tom Berry holds his spot, I think he would fill that role, has the pace to go with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back