Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let’s move on from that today pretty quick.

Assume Hugh will miss with the hammy. I guess Mitch will probably just take his place although, sounding like a broken record would like to see Dev go into the middle and take Hugh’s minutes in there.

Hopefully McStay is back and if so Fullerton goes out although he had one of his better games today.

The defence wasn’t great and I believe Gardiner has been down for a while. It won’t happen but I’d like to see him go out for Adams but I assume that’ll just be Payne (Fullerton if McStay doesn’t get up).

Clugg to Dev. Need someone who can play a bit in and out. Mitch is a winger so isn't like for like

McStay in for Fullerton. Fullerton wasn't terrible but we badly need Dan back.

Adams back in for Payne if fit.

Lester (or keep Payne) in for Gardiner. Think his form has been poor and he had a really bad game.

Fagan and co will do the same conservative picks they do every week. Our midfield needs a shake up, but it will be McLuggage out and Robbo in. IMO, they need to drop one underperforming player and I don't care how big of a name they are.

Last edited:
" If " we were full strength, would Hipwood be the unlucky one out ? Until he builds his tank and finds form ? We have been trucking along fine with our current set up (Daniher and McStay) unsure if we should change it. I like the 2 ruck set up still. Even with todays loss

NEXT WEEK

Luggage - Gardiner - Payne - Fullerton

Robbo - Lester - Adams - McStay

I try T Berry for Clugga.
Both Berry brothers can at least tackle which is better than the rest of our team.
Or Dev he can tackle as well.
McStay if fit for Fullarton
Adams for Payne.. although tempted keep Payne and drop Dizzy.. He been off since he came back last year. Say directly lead to 2-3 goals today from stupid frees.

I've been a supporter of Dizz but he doesn't add anything offensively and has been well below his best defensively.

Adams for Dizz. T Berry for Clug.

Tempted to go a couple of others . But we won't. The timing is right for a shakeup. Can't remember us having a shake up under Fagan.

I've been a supporter of Dizz but he doesn't add anything offensively and has been well below his best defensively.

Adams for Dizz. T Berry for Clug.

Tempted to go a couple of others . But we won't. The timing is right for a shakeup. Can't remember us having a shake up under Fagan.

Won't disagree with Dizz getting a spell, but not sure we really need a shakeup. We're going ok.

Out: Clugga Gardiner Fullerton

In: Dev Lester mcstay

Ah Chee last chance. Dropped everything that came his way. Can't have that.

This would probably be my preference, except Adams in instead of Lester.

With the amount of time McCluggage has been spending in the middle, Robbo wouldn't be a like for like swap. It would leave us with essentially two full time midfielders and four wingers.

Fages has brought the club a long way by building trust with the players.

There always comes a time where you need to get a bit ruthless and create competition for spots.

Be interested to see if that ever happens under Fagan. What he's done so far is pretty much excellent bar winning finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Rhys been going in the reserves ?

I love Matho, but really hope we've moved past him now as anything but emergency depth. If he's picked in the senior team ahead of Dev, I'll be starting to think Dev is gone.

We are 8/2 with a percentage of 140.

We lost a game when down essentially three key forward (hippy isn't at key forward level during this come back stage), and out players are knackered from away games in the road.

That doesn't mean we are crap, doesn't mean our players need to be taught a lesson. And it most certainty doesn't mean that we have no chance in September.

I'm for steady hand on the tiller next week. Sub out players that need a rest and are carrying niggles, but wholesale change would be super destabilizing.

Footy has taught me that any team really can win on any one day. Hawks did it tonight. We did it plenty of times, but it's not an accident that we have won eight. It's cause we are good MOST days.

I love Matho, but really hope we've moved past him now as anything but emergency depth. If he's picked in the senior team ahead of Dev, I'll be starting to think Dev is gone.
It does make you think. Ive been beyond confused how Dev isnt getting a game and I to have thought that perhaps the reasoning is that the club has been informed he is moving home. It also makes you wonder why we fought so hard for him to get that draft pick if we arent even playing him partulalry when it seems we are missing a player of his type.

assuming daniher / mcstay / clug / lohmann are all unavailable....

i think payne, prior and full cream all deserve to play. like to think we're a team that rewards good games by letting the kids keep their spot. even if the only games we've lost this year are the ones where fullerton have played :p

bring dev in for the clug. id like to see rayner play more inside and attend more cba's as well. looked good tonight, think he can really become something special by the end of the year

id probably drop dizzy to make way for adams. hes had good games this year and i like what he brings but think he was the worst defender tonight

Very interesting seeing Payne in the last 5 minutes, running up and down the wing, taking marks, field kicking, sprinting and drifting forward to kick a great goal.
Hmmmmmm!

Lyons was pretty good against the hawks
I can't say that was one of my takeaways. I think he benefited in the last from Neale getting off the chain a bit, because one of the most reliable outlets for Neale is a lightning handball to Lyons heading into space, but until then he was struggling to have an impact and I was wondering if he might be on the chopping block next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back