Unofficial Preview Changes v Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiiw I think T Berry has the potential to be a gun and just needs a run of games in the M/F . Underestimated both here and by the coaches .

Likewise the way people sum up a player's abilities on a few games as a young guy learning the caper and played out of position but told to just play your role and not stuff up is irritating. Whatever one is doing in life you need to learn how to do it. Very very few are naturally gifted and of those more still just don't have the hardness or resilience to stick it out. I see outstanding qualities in T Berry. Similarly Dev has a lot of inside smarts and just knows what a footballer needs to do. We'll be a lot poorer if we don't give them opportunity.

As far as Linc goes something's not right and even when he kicked that first goal yesterday the look on his face it was like thank God something's gone my way at last. No choice but to stick with him . He'll come good.

First few rounds this year, our starts were appalling (Port & Essendon games) but finished strongly to win comfortably, it seems like now that trend has reversed, yesterdays game was almost a carbon copy of the dogs semi-final, 4 goals up in 3rd quarter and let it slip defensively late to loose a close one.
The other thing we not running out games well for a team that won 8.
We often take the foot off the pedal. Even yesterday started well then let them back
We won only 5 last.. Which puts us down the list
View attachment 1407256

While Rayner is showing improvement, and his power to break through tackles is a weapon, he’s not really setting the world on fire yet.

If Rayner had the same game that game that Jai Newcombe did, everyone here would be frothing about him being the second coming of Petracca.
Rayner seems to me to be building with each game.

Regaining confidence and looking really strong.

Just wondering how Newcombe would be performing if he was 10 weeks back from missing a full year of footy due to a knee reco?

Rayner seems to me to be building with each game.

Regaining confidence and looking really strong.

Just wondering how Newcombe would be performing if he was 10 weeks back from missing a full year of footy due to a knee reco?
Newcombe is 20. Cam has never played a game as good as that.

Nonetheless Cam is doing things 3 or 4 times a game that only elite players do. Just a matter of whether he can build up to doing it 2 or 3 times a quarter.

Newcombe is 20. Cam has never played a game as good as that.

Nonetheless Cam is doing things 3 or 4 times a game that only elite players do. Just a matter of whether he can build up to doing it 2 or 3 times a quarter.

He has the ability to evade and or break tackles .

I can't remember the last time he was caught HTB.

Just looks to have great core strength.

He's only 22 and is looking more the goods .

Fair enough Newcombe is only 20 but often players develop at different rates.

He's burst on the scene but it remains to be seen whether this form is sustainable, especially after the inevitable injuries

First few rounds this year, our starts were appalling (Port & Essendon games) but finished strongly to win comfortably, it seems like now that trend has reversed, yesterdays game was almost a carbon copy of the dogs semi-final, 4 goals up in 3rd quarter and let it slip defensively late to loose a close one.
Ok had a better look we only just lost the last by 11,11,9 and 5
A few felt worse for some reason..
Sometimes it feels we slowed to a jog in the last. Although reality looks different.

Port won 5 goals to 1 last to win
Bombers was a draw 2.2 each
North won blow out 9-1
Cats lost by 11 points 2-6 to 1.1
Pies again lost by 11 points 5.2 to 3.3
Suns won 7 goals to 4
Swans lost 5 points 5.5 to 5 straight
Eagles won 7 goals to 1
Crows won 3 goals to 1 although our last was 12 min mark.. hence felt worse
Hawks won by 9 points 5.4 to 4.1

He has the ability to evade and or break tackles .

I can't remember the last time he was caught HTB.

Just looks to have great core strength.

He's only 22 and is looking more the goods .

Fair enough Newcombe is only 20 but often players develop at different rates.

He's burst on the scene but it remains to be seen whether this form is sustainable, especially after the inevitable injuries
True.

We're yet to see whether Cam can do the elite stuff repeatedly and become an elite player or whether he only has the tank to do it spasmodically ,which is still good if he does the basic stuff in between.

As far as Newcombe goes he seemed to be playing on a lot of adrenalin yesterday and whilst I agree it's hard to sustain that level I wouldn't mind it if he was on our list.

What I’ve seen from Rayner the last month has made me believe for the first time that he’s definitely got it. Petracca is 26 and has only really played 3 years of elite footy. I think in 12 months time Rayner (without injury) will be an exceptional player.
I can go along with that.

Except Petracca was a lot better than Cam when he was learning at the same age. And to me Petracca is the best player going around at present. Or at least the one I most value as an influencer in the game.

So Cam doesn't have to be as good as him to still be a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back