Prediction Changes v Gold Coast Rnd 3 - OUT: B. Hill (inj) IN: T. Sheridan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballantyne did fine last week.
Just watching it again now, with regard to the McCarthy Goal near siren in the first, he's not even a left footer. And he gave Cerra his first goal.

Sheridan over Tucker is a little bit baffling. But then I don't know the inner workings at the club.

Last edited:
I don't like bagging jonno loved him from game 1 like Sandi should only be forced out with injury. He's like the Luke hodge of our team but no one asks for him to be dropped.

Sheridan is actually an elite kick that's why they put him at half back. He just can't execute under pressure.

He kicks really well to a leading forward and is also A handy kick on goal. Has as you say made some howlers, mainly in defence, when under pressure.

I hadn't thought of him but I guess he is the best available to cover the ground of B Hill.

It's not just about the generalship with Johnson, it's also to do with the effectiveness he can have as a backline player. He's just got an awareness of the game younger players don't always have.
Watching it live, your heart in your mouth, you relax just a tiny little bit when he's got the ball with an inch of space, and you know it's nine out of ten times going to go somewhere useful.
Like Mundy. Deceptively slow older players. Often the reality of that "slowness" is more that they've got themselves into a position where they know exactly how long they have to dispose of it, and use that time calculating where it's going to go.

The difficulty lies in deciding when that confidence and experience begins to outstrip reality. In MJ's case, that time might come soon.

Last edited:
What's the rush with getting Chris Tucker in the side seriously 12 poxy touches v port people!!! All I can remember from him v port was chasing tail, and stupidly giving Bonner the corridor so he can kick it to Dixon on top of the square. He needs to stew on that for abit.
If you want to slag off against a player at least get his name right he is Darcy Tucker not Chris Tucker so I rate your performance on the keyboard as Poxy.

Darcy plays within structures and his role and how he performed it is reviewed by Coaches and taken up with the player so your comments are worth s**t all in that regard as you don't know what was asked of him by Ross and his coaching team. There were several players who got 12 or less so Darcy wasn't on his own there so are you going to in the interest of fairness can them as well.

As I said in an earlier Post Darcy was replaced by Stephen Hill and not because of what you are suggesting in regards how he played against Port Adelaide.

Don't let the facts get in the way of spoiling your story/post. Golden rule on the Forum is to at least get the players name right or otherwise you have no credibility and will be treated as an idiot.

Last edited:
He kicks really well to a leading forward and is also A handy kick on goal. Has as you say made some howlers, mainly in defence, when under pressure.

I hadn't thought of him but I guess he is the best available to cover the ground of B Hill.

I am a training watcher of several years and I have watched Rixx shooting for goals in the right forward pocket on the south west corner of Freo Oval and he cant kick goals there at all so I don't rate him as highly as you do as an elite kicker. If he has made howlers in defence under pressure he is hardly elite. In comparison if you ever watched Paul Duffield then you measure elite kickers against him as the bench mark and Tommy is nowhere near as good as Duffield was by a longshot. Darcy Tucker is a better kick of the footy than Tommy in my opinion.

I appreciate your sympathy, but I’ll just wait until the fickle-fan cycle returns it’s attention to my buddy.

Where’s Rixx’ buddy at. He should be having a field day.
Sorry but Rixx's buddy if he has one must be diplomatic at this time as they cant defend him as you cant defend one of RTB's poor decisions.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I don't remember Tucker's or Sherro's tackling being of note either way.

Sherro averages 15.5 over his career (with a best of 18.8 in 2016) and no doubt that includes numerous wearings of the subs vest (I don't know how to find that). Sherro did have a poor season last year (13.7).

Tucker averages 14.9 (with a best of 15.2) and given he played the majority of his games post subs then I think it is fair to say that Sherro finds more of the ball over the journey so far.

But it’s unfair to compare career records of players of different ages - the fairer comparison is surely last year as its closer to representing where they are now?

Sometimes when selection decisions are made it may be more about the player being left out than the one that is brought in.

So perhaps this is less about Sheridan than it is about Tucker. Perhaps there is something very specific that Tucker has been asked to work on. And perhaps when he hits that target (whatever it is) then he will come back in.

Probs similar to the Tabs situation last year.

If you want to slag off against a player at least get his name right he is Darcy Tucker not Chris Tucker so I rate your performance on the keyboard as Poxy.

Darcy plays within structures and his role and how he performed it is reviewed by Coaches and taken up with the player so your comments are worth s**t all in that regard as you don't know what was asked of him by Ross and his coaching team. There were several players who got 12 or less so Darcy wasn't ion his own so are you going to in the interest of fairness can them as well.

As I said in an earlier Post Darcy was replaced by Stephen Hill and not because of what you are suggesting in regards how he played against Port Adelaide.

Don't let the facts get in the way of spoiling your story/post. Golden rule on the Forum is to at least get the players name right or otherwise you have no credibility and will be treated as an idiot.
You obviously haven't seen Friday the movie you'd know who Chris Tucker is. Get out of here virgin!!

What's the rush with getting Chris Tucker in the side seriously 12 poxy touches v port people!!! All I can remember from him v port was chasing tail, and stupidly giving Bonner the corridor so he can kick it to Dixon on top of the square. He needs to stew on that for abit.
Is Chris Rock one of our assistant coaches?
Is the greatest chf named Jim Carey?
:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes when selection decisions are made it may be more about the player being left out than the one that is brought in.

So perhaps this is less about Sheridan than it is about Tucker. Perhaps there is something very specific that Tucker has been asked to work on. And perhaps when he hits that target (whatever it is) then he will come back in.

Probs similar to the Tabs situation last year.
This seems quite likely, The simple reality is that Tucker is a developing player who isn't best 22 yet. Perhaps 18/25 range. The coach uses Peel for development of players often and successfully .

But it’s unfair to compare career records of players of different ages - the fairer comparison is surely last year as its closer to representing where they are now?
I would 100% agree during last year when Sherro was spudding it up too much. New season so he gets another chance like anyone else (under 27) to impress.

As much as i would've preferred Tucker to come in over Sheridan I think it is sending a clear message to Tucker and when he does make his way back in to the team he knows he has to perform. Hopefully Tucker can force his way back in and return with a bit of fire in the belly

Doesn’t send a good message to Tucker and others in the peel team IMO after he played well for peel, and Sheridan who was held over, gets picked. Strange decision.

It sends a great message to Tucker. It says stop dominating the WAFL, coming into the side and doing SFA. I wanted Tucker in, but I can see how sending him to WAFL for 1 week really isn't going to send much of a message to him.

Sorry but Rixx's buddy if he as one must be diplomatic at this time as they cant defend him as you cant defend one of RTB's poor decisions.
Can’t defend him? Even murders get a defence lawyer. Ball butchers should have a right to defence too.

At least RTB is consistent - and I’m sure the players see and appreciate that. I think it’s just the fans that have little tanties. The players seem to just knuckle down and get on with it.

It’s round 3, team selections are weighted to body of work assessments - largely still including preseason. Tommy was held over last week, so basically he was next in line.

What sort of culture does Ross think he’s trying to develop down there though? One based on integrity, congruency, and consistency. What a jerk! He should flip and flop to the media and fans desires each week. That would build a really stable environment for the club and players.

Ross’ decision is sound and just. Ross’ assessment of Sheridan’s value to the list is questionable. Sheridan is an A grade spud in my view, but I only see him for 2hrs a week when he actually gets a game. I trust Ross. I love Ross. I want to marry Ross and drink his Koolaid every night!

He isn't though. And that's what the match committee want to see him do. He's dominated 1 game this season. He can't learn when he can't get the footy. He needs to learn at a lower level where he accumulates a bunch of it, use it well and then figure out what he's missing when he goes up a step. I have huge belief that Tucker will be an absolute gun, that's why I'm not too fussed he's playing a few more games in the second.
Mate... This is rubbish. He hasn't been playing WAFL because he has been an emergency, which means he was 23rd in line.

This guys got the right idea!
Right Idea ? He is an idiot like you are with his crapp he posted. Sow the player some respect by using his right name otherwise you are being ignorant and stupid.

Last edited:
I am a training watcher of several years and I have watched Rixx shooting for goals in the right forward pocket on the south west corner of Freo Oval and he cant kick goals there at all so I don't rate him as highly as you do as an elite kicker. If he has made howlers in defence under pressure he is hardly elite. In comparison if you ever watched Paul Duffield then you measure elite kickers against him as the bench mark and Tommy is nowhere near as good as Duffield was by a longshot. Darcy Tucker is a better kick of the footy than Tommy in my opinion.

I didn't say Sheridan is an "elite" kick that was one-wing.

I have always said that Duffield is the best kick I have seen play for Freo including saying it again when people were already rating Wilson ahead of him (he may be one day like Ryan but I favour Duff man at the moment).

Also didn't compare Tucker with Sheridan and probably agree that Tucker is the better kick.

But none of your comments above changes my view that when watching Sheridan in AFL games he has been a good kick to leading forwards (something we have lacked) and when in front of goals or even snapping has been a pretty good goal converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back