Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

... but choosing Smith over Worrell is the same contending selection philosophy that has seen us mired in averageness for the last 2 decades.
Smith hasn't been chosen over Worrell. Hinge has come in for Worrell.
So, Smith is not keeping Worrell out.

Both Hinge and Smith had been playing well. The club confirmed that. They are back in.

Smith hasn't been chosen over Worrell. Hinge has come in for Worrell.
So, Smith is not keeping Worrell out.

Both Hinge and Smith had been playing well. The club confirmed that. They are back in.
Smith has been much better recently and has been taking the game on. Some games earlier this year he went missing so hopefully his resurgence continues but he is coming to the final chapter of his career so this must always be balanced against that. That's why we are going after Redman. Hinge has been pretty good as well for the most part. The ones that have been up and down have been Doedee and Butts. That's who I see Worrell taking the spot of if they continue to be inconsistent. The other factor is whether Doedee stays or not and the club may not go over the top with money knowing we have Worrell that's just as good and probably better That's why he will get a better deal elsewhere and probably leave.

Last edited:
Smith would easily be top 10 in our BnF at the moment, probably close to top 5 with only Dawson, Laird, Walker and Rankine clearly ahead of him. Another case where people on this board just massively underrate the contributions of senior players relative to developing juniors. Was pretty much best on in his second last game.

Last week, Hinge OUT (inj), Worrell IN.
Hinge has recovered, so
Worrell OUT, Hinge IN.
It's that uncomplicated, isn't it?

(Btw, is there a Game Day thread, please?)
You know you can create the game day thread yourself if one hasnt been created..

Not up to the mods to create them…

Last edited:
I don’t think they’re fighting for same spot

Worrell more vs Butts Doedee than Hinge or Smith

I really think Worrell can end up our 2nd KPD eventually … if Trent McKenzie can do it well Worrell can do it even better

The value of ploughing games into smith is it’s a live season and we are playing in a professional football competition

Why do you want to kick the can down the road further and further ? I don’t think your smith season analysis is correct , he was weaker last season

For all this terrible management stuff , can’t wait until we get it right as we should win the next 5 flags in a row

when we get it right we might see us contending in the top 4 for multiple years, not one off spikes followed by decline, coach sacking, rinse and repeat. We've had 3 runs of being a high quality minor round team in 25 years for one failed GF where our continuity imperitave was a leading factor to our second half fade out. What you're arguing for is for us to continue to ignore developing a genuinely contending group and instead try and turn maybe 1 loss into a win. It's been our philosophy for 2 decades and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Smith has been much better recently and has been taking the game on. Some games earlier this year he went missing so hopefully his resurgence continues but he is coming to the final chapter of his career so this must always be balanced against that. That's why we are going after Redman. Hinge has been pretty good as well for the most part. The ones that have been up and down have been Doedee and Butts. That's who I see Worrell taking the spot of if they continue to be inconsistent. The other factor is whether Doedee stays or not and the club may not go over the top with money knowing we have Worrell that's just as good and probably better That's why he most likely will get a better deal elsewhere and leave.
Yeah Josh must be really upset with his lot at the AFC penning a further 2year contract only days ago. I would have thought that was a sign he's quite satisfied with his progress up to now.

Hinge has a future, I'm choosing him and Worrell over Smith. Game day performance isn't impeded by much at all, if anything.
Agree but if Redman comes he will take Smith's spot. I see Worrell taking Doedee's spot. If Doedee is on his way out why play him over getting games into Worrell? This is ironically identical to when we played Lever when we knew he was leaving instead of getting games into Doedee. That's on the proviso he isn't staying like Lever.

Last edited:
Smith would easily be top 10 in our BnF at the moment, probably close to top 5 with only Dawson, Laird, Walker and Rankine clearly ahead of him. Another case where people on this board just massively underrate the contributions of senior players relative to developing juniors. Was pretty much best on in his second last game.
Smith wasn’t great early from memory, Dawson, laird, walker, Rankine, hinge, rob, Murray, Max, jones would be ahead of him imo

Smith wasn’t great early from memory, Dawson, laird, walker, Rankine, hinge, rob, Murray, Max, jones would be ahead of him imo
ROB, Murray and Jones would be maybes, but I'd expect Smith to shade them at the moment. At a similar level for the year I would say and all would be top 10. Max and Hinge I think would be behind Smith - not that they've had bad years. Anyway he'd be nowhere near being dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Btw, is there a Game Day thread, please?)
spring-catpaw-e-gif.738623

I'm getting nervous about tommorrow night. A must win match.
Seem to be a fair few SANFL players getting drafted recently for a ‘crap standard’
I would think most SANFL sides would struggle play in the VFL. That league is full of AFL players just like the Crows and PA here, but their backup players are better.

Hinge has a future
Agreed. Worrell has big potential.
I'm choosing him and Worrell over Smith. Game day performance isn't impeded by much at all, if anything.
At this time, I'd be choosing Hinge and Smith over Worrell.
It was clear from last week Worrell's only got 3/4 of a tank.

You know you can create the game day thread yourself if one hasnt been created..

Not up to the mods to create them…
Yeah, thanks, but I'm in Outback NSW on biz/work trip. Didn't have time to do it.

To make matters worse, Motel has a weird combo of TV from various States and is not showing the Crows/GCS game :rolleyes:.
I'm gonna watch the last 3 quarters of last week instead.

It’ll be interesting if Worrell comes back in next week, if none of our defenders get injured

Either way, it’ll confirm whether he’s being partially managed, or whether this week was a pecking order decision

I suspect the latter, which I straight up don’t agree with
Here we go.
Doedee’s done a knee.
Worrell will now get a month or more to cement himself in the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back