Preview Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'd like to see (Won't happen though)

Pittard - Rested Groin/Calf/Thigh - Giving him a 3 week break.
Houston - Rested Shoulder - Giving him a 2 week break.
Wingard - Rested Ankle - Giving him a 2 week break.

IN: Krakouer, Lienert, AhChee, Impey
OUT: Wingard, Jonas, Houston, Johnson

That'll leave us with only 6 defenders, but hopefully we can utilise Amon and Polec across half back. If needed Krak or Impey can always rotate back as well.

Would love to see Lienert's booming kick at AFL level though, I was sitting there watching him last week thinking he's gone past Hombsch and Austin, and I'd love to see him get a crack.

interesting adding frampton to the long term list..... must mean we have someone in mind or there would be zero reason to do it
Probably due to some stupidly thought out and spiteful SANFL bye law.

Upgrading a rookie on the eve of finals would be a crazy move.

*Edit
Given our small injury list*

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
To me it makes sense. Lienert is an athletic mature aged defender in good form. In better form than Hombsch and Austin. Trengove might not be a KPD in Hinkleys eyes.

We've got a long term project player in Marshall in the side so this imo is way less of a gamble.

To me it makes sense. Lienert is an athletic mature aged defender in good form. In better form than Hombsch and Austin. Trengove might not be a KPD in Hinkleys eyes.

We've got a long term project player in Marshall in the side so this imo is way less of a gamble.

Marshall should also be dropped if we are serious about trying to win a flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any reason for us to add Frampton to the LTI list, if we don't intend to upgrade and play a rookie?

Surely Lienert's at least in the conversation this week.
May just be an insurance policy for finals. Gives us an extra option I guess.

Can rookies be upgraded after the H&A rounds?

Yep agree with that. We should be picking players for the now. Eddy is ready.

At least in the coaches eyes, there surely is a deficiency in Eddy's game for him not to get a sniff since the first few games. But yes I would rather Eddy over Marshall for finals as can clearly kick goals consistently.

'Get 'em while they're hot': Pies on sale for R23
The AFL has done a deal with every stadium being used in round 23, to offer fans $2 hot pies before the bounce at each match.
Beginning on Friday night at Etihad Stadium and continuing at every game through the weekend, fans will be able to purchase discounted pies right up until each match begins, at which point prices will revert to whatever that venue normally charges.
Port Adelaide v Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST
Kids in free offer, subject to conditions listed below*
$2 pie offer valid until the start of the match
More ..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-23/get-em-while-theyre-hot-pies-on-sale-for-r23

'Get 'em while they're hot': Pies on sale for R23
The AFL has done a deal with every stadium being used in round 23, to offer fans $2 hot pies before the bounce at each match.
Beginning on Friday night at Etihad Stadium and continuing at every game through the weekend, fans will be able to purchase discounted pies right up until each match begins, at which point prices will revert to whatever that venue normally charges.
Port Adelaide v Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST
Kids in free offer, subject to conditions listed below*
$2 pie offer valid until the start of the match
More ..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-23/get-em-while-theyre-hot-pies-on-sale-for-r23
In before the SMA serves up party pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back