Prediction Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

My daughter just said to me, if its lightning storms going to and at the footy and we have to sit under a big metal roof I don't mind if we don't go.

I've agreed to delay the decision until Sunday morning.

Happy with the changes. All pretty logical and like for like with in form players replacing out of form players. If the team was picked on this basis each week, nobody would have cause to melt.

Yep, can't complain about the ins, and wouldn't it be great if the team was picked on form & structure each week!
Looking forward to see how Frampton, Garner & Atley go.

So what does this make for our games this season and Rain?

Are we cursed? Wasn’t there a rumour we had an Aboriginal curse on us at one stage?

This won’t be easy at all.

Good luck to the ins.

Sick of crap weather at our home games.

What are we expecting of Billy in his second game (should be about tenth) of football in a storm? Will not having to ruck help?

Good luck to the ins.

What are we expecting of Billy in his second game (should be about tenth) of football in a storm? Will not having to ruck help?

Probably the ideal conditions for him to pinch hit rick TBH

Actually ok changes ... Bit late though. Really worried about Marshall, seems mentally weak. Might not ever see the best of him.

We should be good enough to win but who knows. Lose this and finals are 100% gone although possible we won't make it.
Same re Marshall- tonnes of talent but while coached by Ken ‘I don’t like tall people’ Hinkley and lead by our ‘fun first, footy second’ co-captains, he won’t go anywhere.

Exciting team to watch, like an insight to the future.

We are rebuilding quickly, with some of the injuries to players like Dixon, Hartlett and Watts, I’m not sure those players will come back to being their previous best, so glad we are blooding the youth. It brings great pressure for spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what does this make for our games this season and Rain?

Are we cursed? Wasn’t there a rumour we had an Aboriginal curse on us at one stage?

No that was Collingwood. It will only be lifted when they acknowledge our right to wear the black and white prison bar guernsey.

Good luck to the ins.

Agreed, the crap weather is a pain in the arse but it is a winter sport.

It is unlikely to be as bad as a season in the late 60's though when virtually every ground in Adelaide had pools of water all over them for months, including a miniature lake which covered most of the right half forward flank of Alberton oval at the southern end.
I have never seen that amount of surface water at Alberton, before or since.

Back to Billy, we need him to hit the packs hard and if he doesn't mark the ball he at least bring it to ground to give the smaller guys a chance.
I nearly said crumbers, but I'm not sure we have any of them. :think:

If he can do that, hopefully he will get at least 2 or 3 games to show what he's got, instead of one game and out, followed by kern speaking with his hand over his mouth (as per usual) and doing his, `I told yous so!' :rolleyes:

at least the changes are made by the time we have played our arch rivals, the Suns.

Glad Ken experimented with the crows because those games are pretty meaningless.....
Yep with our injury list getting to within 20 points wasn’t bad. Johnson was just a stupid, stupid selection. Gifting a game to them. However the next three weeks we have games that are “winnable” or should be. Let’s get serious!!

On the positive side: 21 degrees and feeling like 17 is not bad.

Whether we win or lose the toss we always seem to kick to the southern end first.

On the negative side, the 6 hours of Thunderstorms is now 18 hours worth.
Would be a good day to wear the PB's rather than All black.

1558165561882.png

However the next three weeks we have games that are “winnable” or should be.
Yep . The Hawks and Saints fans are saying that exact same thing. We should beat the Sun's but I wouldn't put my house on the next 2. Hawks will be favourites not only cos they are playing better but they always have extra ' help'. Saints game is 50/50 at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back