Prediction Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenzie won’t play, he will be named in the squad and then removed tomorrow. It’s my biggest pet hate with footy. Clubs playing Sunday pointlessly name an extended squad when they know full well who is going to play.
You have to have emergencies dude, people pull out with injuries prior to games all the time.

You have to have emergencies dude, people pull out with injuries prior to games all the time.
He's not saying you shouldn't have emergencies. He doesn't like how it's 8 on the bench for 24 hours and then they make it 4 on the bench + 4 emergencies on Friday.

At first I got excited, then I realised that Frampton, McKenzie & Garner will probably all be emergencies.
He said they will be looking to make 3-4 changes though, so good chance all 3 of them are in as well as butters, at least 2 of them anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a classic Ken troll. Lists 4 players who could come in including Frampton, says 3 or 4 changes will be made. Now watch the other 3 be selected.

Last week Ken decided to go one of two ways with selection and all it did was reinforce the fact that teams will drop players back to combat our speed - exactly what they did in 2015.

You can’t do that on the MCG because there is the space to go around. On Adelaide Oval the ground is small and unless you’ve got a team that’s willing to work through the congestion and cut, parry and thrust with speed to find the open lanes it’s not going to happen.

It’s why I was hoping Dixon was available for Collingwood and Adelaide.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I don’t think Frampton is the answer, but he deserves a shot until Dixon returns.

McKenzie won’t play, he will be named in the squad and then removed tomorrow. It’s my biggest pet hate with footy. Clubs playing Sunday pointlessly name an extended squad when they know full well who is going to play.

If THAT'S your biggest pet hate then you're doing all right

Marshall will be dropped for Frampton. Frampton will take Marshalls place to be double teamed and balls kicked over his head or to Sam Gray. Kern will say told ye so, Frampton no good, dropped.
The only game he's played was with no Dixon or Marshall either, and he managed to take 4 contested grabs and kick 1.2 then so I'm more positive that he can actually compete in that role compared to Marshall.

Selecting Frampton and dropping Marshall achieves nothing.
While ideally we'd have them both, Frampton has shown certainly at SANFL, but even in his sole AFL game, that he can play focal point KPF role far better than Marshall can.

It's not the big structural upgrade we need (ie Marshall + Dixon/Frampton) but it's an improvement in my eyes for sure.

BILLY IN THE 26 MAN SQUAD

The only game he's played was with no Dixon or Marshall either, and he managed to take 4 contested grabs and kick 1.2 then so I'm more positive that he can actually compete in that role compared to Marshall.

Francis roamed around the game marking everything. Killed us and the best game he’s played because he didn’t have to stand a bloke that day

I’m convinced if he did have another kf playing with him that day the outcome for port and Frampton would have been even better.

Francis roamed around the game marking everything. Killed us and the best game he’s played because he didn’t have to stand a bloke that day

I’m convinced if he did have another kf playing with him that day the outcome for port and Frampton would have been even better.

yep! made people think he was coming on and turned a corner. even talk of us trading for him haha....
Ken makes the avg look special!

We are much more likely to bring Marshall into the side to play with Frampton than the other way round IMO.

If Billy plays well enough to hold his spot, and Marshall does enough to be selected I reckon Ken would go for it.

Ken doesn’t gift games to players for no reason, particularly key forwards who generally struggled to apply forward pressure. If Frampton is selected it’s genuinely exciting IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back