Prediction Changes v Gold Coast

ft2010sc

Debutant
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Swapping Marshall for Frampton is lunacy. Play both of them, not one or the other.

Our forward line isn't struggling because the personnel isn't good enough. The structure isn't even giving them a chance.

Frampton might crash a pack and give the crumbers some opportunities to score. None of the other talls have made a contest. Marshall doesn’t mark the footy so he is really just a tall small.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So what's the point? Replace one triple-teamed tall forward with another, who will struggle to perform any better. How does this help our structure?

I don't disagree. At least Frampton won't get as hopelessly outbodied as Marshall does and so provide a better contest. It will be nice to see someone up there playing as a true key forward.

However then we lose mobility and agility with Marshall gone. Ideally play the three to let Marshall play on the third tall defender.

Still its a moot point, and we are assuming Frampton does play.

Westhoff has made a career out of proving that he should not play key forward and I would be surprised if this week is any different.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tredders just said Butters, FRAMPTON and Garner are the ins. I'm now going to the game.
b563a932a8625d1686ba57f3964de3fc.jpg

Probably not the best weather for Frampton to come in but hopefully he does well.

Stoked about Garner. I've got huge expectations on what he can become.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looking foward to see billy play regardless if its wet or dry. I think this guy 2 years from now could be the first picked every week. I think ladhams is getting closer to a game too.

Aug 13, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
With Frampton as the big body and Ryder resting ruck - Marshall would be competing with Westhoff as a third tall.

Hoff offers the ability to try Howard up in the 50 in case Frampton stinks it up.

I think we can cater for both with Hoff on a wing but I'm not that bothered by Marshall out.

Motflop keeping his spot is a real worry though.

Don’t understand why you drop Marshall for Frampton, he’ll play so much better with Framptons help up forward. If he doesn’t perform with Frampton there that’s when you drop him and fair enough.

Because he’s meant to be developing as a key forward?

Key forwards don’t need help to perform. Third talls do. If you want Marshall to develop into another Westhoff where his best work is done as a second fiddle to others, then sure, let him play in a team with Frampton, Westhoff and Ryder/Lycett where he’ll get to exploit his height on a general defender and never actually learn how to position himself correctly.

Marshall is supposed to be the young contested marking lead up forward. I was told that if he was given the chance at AFL level he’d put in the same performance as Hipwood. He’s got the talent but he doesn’t have the hot motor that is required at AFL level to get from contest to contest.

Incidentally, this was why I wasn’t as enthused to draft him when we did. That laconic nature is what is going to stop him being elite, so maybe a few games with the Magpies where it’s not so go go go all the time and he can build confidence is what he really needs.

Probably not the best weather for Frampton to come in but hopefully he does well.

Stoked about Garner. I've got huge expectations on what he can become.

Come on tell the truth, you told me privately that you thought he could be a better player than yourself!!!!

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol when kern said the drop in westhoffs form is because hes been throwing him all over the place and wants him to settle in a position. Hello?? Thats how he won our bnf. Unbelievable our own coach doesnt know his players

Back