Prediction Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not the best weather for Frampton to come in but hopefully he does well.

Stoked about Garner. I've got huge expectations on what he can become.

Yeah I’m really excited at the prospect of having an entire defense of hard 2 way players

The years of watching guys like p burgs and salopek shoehorned into defensive quarterback roles haunt me.

With clurey Howard Houston dbj Garner lienert and burton we can build a defense that doesn’t have a lot of exploitable weak spots

Because he’s meant to be developing as a key forward?

Key forwards don’t need help to perform. Third talls do. If you want Marshall to develop into another Westhoff where his best work is done as a second fiddle to others, then sure, let him play in a team with Frampton, Westhoff and Ryder/Lycett where he’ll get to exploit his height on a general defender and never actually learn how to position himself correctly.

Marshall is supposed to be the young contested marking lead up forward. I was told that if he was given the chance at AFL level he’d put in the same performance as Hipwood. He’s got the talent but he doesn’t have the hot motor that is required at AFL level to get from contest to contest.

Incidentally, this was why I wasn’t as enthused to draft him when we did. That laconic nature is what is going to stop him being elite, so maybe a few games with the Magpies where it’s not so go go go all the time and he can build confidence is what he really needs.

It seems he is lacking confidence and self belief. Now we can speculate on the why - it could be coaching, it could be due to the personal issues, it could be due to his lack of size....or a combination of all of these. Whilst I acknowledge that the football landscape has changed somewhat over the last couple of decades, do you think Todd would have got the same opportunities in a Jack Cahill coached team?

It seems he is lacking confidence and self belief. Now we can speculate on the why - it could be coaching, it could be due to the personal issues, it could be due to his lack of size....or a combination of all of these. Whilst I acknowledge that the football landscape has changed somewhat over the last couple of decades, do you think Todd would have got the same opportunities in a Jack Cahill coached team?

Tredrea was going to leave the club because he felt Cahill didn’t rate him. That answers your question.

Lol when kern said the drop in westhoffs form is because hes been throwing him all over the place and wants him to settle in a position. Hello?? Thats how he won our bnf. Unbelievable our own coach doesnt know his players

Great. Settle him on the wing.

Frampton in, but Marshall out. It's always one step forward, two steps back with Ken. We need both Billy and Todd in that forward line.

Now watch Billy struggle to lead the forward line in wet weather and while taking the best defender, and subsequently be dropped.
First, it’s not the weather to go in with Frampton AND Marshall.

Second, you wanted Frampton in, so stop making excuses for him before the game. He won’t be expected to clunk 12 marks but he will be expected to crash 12 packs.

I'm ok with the selections, if only a bit frustrated. We could have played a team similar to this last week for a better result imo.

AJ never should have been selected in the first place, Broadbent was always going to get a few games to settle back at AFL level, Motlop was never going to be dropped after being asked to play Burton's role last week. Marshall going out is disappointing but tempered if Frampton does get a go. I'm excited to see Garner get his debut if it happens. Great to see Butters back, hopefully he'll get back to what he showed early in the season.

These selections are bull dust. Taking Miss 6 (as of tomorrow) to her first game on Sunday otherwise I would probably not bother.
henry-viii-9335322-1-402.jpg

Ultimately this is a much better team than last week (minus Burton's injury) so I'll take it. AJ should never have been selected, so I'm glad and somewhat surprised they weren't too stubborn to drop him straight away. Hopefully Frampton straightens up our entries similar to how Howard did at the end of last week. Motlop needs to atone for his performance last week and has a great chance to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading inside 50’s while losing games says it isn’t working.

Our second ruck is Hinkleys excuse to hold out a Kf, which is killing our season.

If Hinkley wants a second ruckman it needs to come at the cost of a ineffective small forward. If only we had one of those lying around.

Then if we lack run then it becomes a question of running with one ruck?

If only we had a kf kicking goals in the sanfl who could also play second ruck.

Hinkley literally has 8 round pegs and is trying to push a square through a round hole

Work harder round holes!!
To be fair to... Lyder? ...Rycett?

As a combo, they are by far our most effective KPF, equal leading our goal kicking with The Hobbit and 8 game superstar Connor Rozee:
Scottrick Rycett:
- 11G (1.4 per game)
- 6GA (0.8 per game)
- 13 M50 (1.6 per game)

Westhoff:
- 7G (0.9 per game)
- 6GA (0.8 per game)
- 13 M50 (1.6 per game)

Marshall:
- 3G (0.5 per game)
- 2GA (0.3 per game)
- 7M50 (1.2 per game)

Dougal Howard (in 1.5 quarters):
- 2G
- 0GA
- 1M50

Motlop supposedly disappointed with his Showdown performance. Either he performs this week or he should be dropped for an extended period.

It was clear Marshall was lacking form and confidence. He needs to work on his forward craft. Whilst I have faith we do need to draft another KPF.

The question is will Marshall develop better in the AFL or SANFL at this moment?

Seems like a real let’s call up the entire seconds and work from there.

Ladhams - why?
Atley for Drew - sure.
Garner for Burton - sure
Butters for Aj - sure.

Conditions will be similar this week to last. So why make these changes this week and not last?

Why risk Burton? Why risk AJ? Why put Marshall through a showdown? Why make a set of changes that made our game plan so obvious to the opposition?

What else does Trengove have to do??

Shame he can’t get a run, I suspect he would show a bit. He would be perfect for Carlton, Gold Coast or North, experienced head who could rack up touches, win clearances and be the link man with a short kick.

Unfortunately Rocky plays this role better. Trengove doesn’t have the pace anymore or super sharp skills.

Only gets a run if we have injuries.

Can't say I care enough anymore to see the ins or read the threads.

Juuuuust enough to post.

Marshall has been shocking for some time.
I would have a better chance of kicking a goal than him.
Hope the lad can find it in the magpies but is not up to AFL level.
Billy offers a bit of smash and bash and that’s been lacking all year.
Yes we need two tall forwards and I would love to see a fit Charlie and Billy as I believe that’s our best combo.
Sadly soon as I think of GC it takes me back to there first win.

Go **** your self Hinkley you spud

******* stupid ass mother******

Just keep on making the same ******* mistake and keep on taking that pay check while port fans suffer

Hope you’re smart with that money, cause come the end of your contract you’re going to be completely unemployable in the afl. No one will go near you, not even Gold Coast.
Rubbish.

He'll be a star in the AFL media. Made for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back