Prediction Changes v GWS R16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the very early days, I didn’t mind freo, their supporters were genuine footy supporters, and a fair few hated the eagles cause of what we did to the WAFL. Fair enough, I can respect that. But since probably the early 2000s, their supporter base has changed. Seems like these days a lot of them are younger, and like to talk a lot of s**t, considering they support an absolute basket case of an organisation. I assume these were the kids of the mid 90s whose parents couldn’t get tickets to the eagles, so became freo members. Those kids have grown up and now it’s like the hipster douche bags go hand in hand with being a freo supporter. They have a massive sense of entitlement, as though they deserve a flag cause it’s their turn, and everything is a conspiracy against them. It’s laughable. But boy do they have heart, and so much more real passion compared to us eagles supporters. As shown by their huge crowd numbers for the last decade.

Its always WA verse the rest how can you be an eagles supporter at all if you are not a sandgroper first and foremost, guess you should support someone else if your not a true west aussie.
I was born in '85 so State of Origin and WAFL was never a thing for me. When I was 7 the Eagles won the premiership and I remember the whole state celebrating. At school we used to pretend we were Sumich, Matera etc when playing kick to kick. Then in 95, the year after the Eagles belted Geelong for another premiership, the Dockers turned up. Even as a ten year old I though their colour scheme and name were a joke (Levi Strauss even sued them so they weren't actaully allowed to be called the Dockers for nearly 2 decades). As far as I am concerned, that club has only ever bought shame and embarrassment to WA, even in 2015 when we were pretty much guaranteed a Grand Final Derby they even managed to stuff that up. There is no way I would ever support that joke of a club unless it directly benefited West Coast (ie last round of the season and if they win then Eagles make the 8 - that type of thing).

Or maybe Waterman comes back in and Vardy concentrates more on the ruck?
Possible.

Think we’ll bring in another runner however, Jakey does look gassed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming in late I’m sure

But if the big fella is sore - surely we give him a rest and save him for Grundy and bring waterman or sheed in

On trying to pick the best team, I wonder if anyone has tried to compare the stats of players across our three fade outs this season: the last quarter against st Kilda, The first quarter against Sydney and the last quarter against Adelaide. If there is some consistency in non performance these non performers should be told to fro because they will let us down again, maybe in a final.

On trying to pick the best team, I wonder if anyone has tried to compare the stats of players across our three fade outs this season: the last quarter against st Kilda, The first quarter against Sydney and the last quarter against Adelaide. If there is some consistency in non performance these non performers should be told to fro because they will let us down again, maybe in a final.

The first quarter against the Swans wasn’t a fade-out. It was the second and third quarters where the Swans kicked seven goals in a row.

Essendon also kicked eight goals in a row against us from the start of the match until early in the second quarter.

So, does anyone have an opinion about the game tomorrow?
My opinion is we could lose..or draw, or we could win?
Simmo has shuffled the deck a little and once again identified where we need to improve
he has introduced another young player and wheeled out the stats,
the mids have been interviewed again and arrived at the conclusion that they need to lift, sounds familiar..(groundhog day?)
Cripps is now the senior leader of the forward zone, that has ominous connotations..
All in all it sounds like the prelude to every other game we've lost
except each week the forward zone loses another player
and we keep expecting a different result...?

now we pin our hopes on Vardy, Venables and Allen.
who knows maybe the team will click and get up..and pull something off?
maybe we'll just get another loss but with admirable improvement in key areas
which all means diddly-squat really while we're bailing out water in a sinking boat?
the positive is we're getting some game time into other players
and maybe JK, JD, TB back next week..against a now formidable Pies team at the MCG.
(and will any of Vardy, Venables and Allen show some spark, here's hoping.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back