Prediction Changes v GWS R16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McInnes - "You're outta here"

477769144.jpg

url

Quite a few players atm who deserve to be dropped next week:

Mcinnes - Not afl standard. Been given a shot over a number of years and whilst can compete is clearly not good enough.
Ainsworth - Kid has been okay in his two games and competed hard, fact of the matter is though he's not ready for afl and makes some mistakes.
Jetta - has been pretty mediocre and inconsistent most of the year and the last couple weeks downright poor and lazy, he's become a defensive liability and a isn't damaging on the rebound effectively either.
Rioli - has been off the boil for weeks now and looks tired in his first season
Waterman - has been off the boil for weeks now and looks tired in his first season
Ryan - Has had moments but overall has looked pretty limp since he's come back from injury and ideally would be gathering form and confidence in the WAFL
Ah chee - has been given a few shots for us now but hasn't really impressed at all. Yesterday was one of his worst games, his intensity was right off and he squibbed contents.
Cole - Is king amongst boys and has shown all these other fools how its done. Need 5 more of him.

The issue is that although all these players deserve a drop/rest there's not a many, if any, deserving players to bring in:
Brander - started the year gangbusters but form has deteriorated, definitely isn't ready at AFL level yet.
Vardy - Mature player who can compete at AFL level but plagued by injury's with average WAFL form.
Sheed - Has been awful since his injury, has had one or two good games in the WAFL now but probably hasn't quite deserved a recall yet.
Nelson - has been average most of the year but probably wasn't to bad before he was dropped. Hasn't done anything in the WAFL to deserve a recall
Partington - has been pretty consistent at WAFL level but is no world beater and the match committee is not a fan.
Petrol - was okay at AFL level but never looked quite ready, since injury his WAFL form has been so-so
Venables - was quite okay at AFL level but hasn't had good form in the WAFL since injury and appears to still be underdone.

At the end of the day I don't think any changes we make will have a proper impact.

OUT: Jetta, Mcinnes
In: Sheed, Vardy

Deckchairs if i've ever seen it.

Believe me, watching the game live at the ground, Ryan would be my first to go after tonight.

He wants all of the glory, but absolutely refuses to offer anything defensive in the forward 50. In the last 2 weeks he has been torched by his opponent rebounding out defense and has laid a grand total of 1 tackle in the past fortnight.

I agree with all of this and also he twice was timid approaching a contest

The important thing is we sort out our KPP because its killing our structure. Whether its Barrass back in or putting Vardy up front now he is fit. Yeo needs to stay in the middle no matter what happens.

Jetta - can anyone enlighten me as to how many times he's kicked more than one goal in a match for us? I suspect it's not many. For a guy in his position it's just not good enough and now even without jk and Darling in the side (which should present him with an opportunity to kick goals) he's still not able to apply scoreboard pressure. Just a waste of space ever since he's been with us. Can recall about two or three games where he's lit things up.

Ryan - gifted player no doubt, but seems to have no idea whether to take mark of the year, stay on ground or spoil a contest and as others have mentioned his defensive pressure is woeful. The little dance move yesterday was pretty embarrassing for a guy that's done nothing - mate you're no Superstar yet.

Nicnat - don't believe the hype. Cooked, if fit the guy has no tank. Needs to be shown some Dean Cox footage circa 2006 to see what it takes to be a great contributor around the ground. His tap work yesterday was pretty average and mostly roved by the opposition.

In - four quarters
Out - flat tracking

Ryan - gifted player no doubt, but seems to have no idea whether to take mark of the year, stay on ground or spoil a contest and as others have mentioned his defensive pressure is woeful. The little dance move yesterday was pretty embarrassing for a guy that's done nothing - mate you're no Superstar yet.

Are you referring to the dancing for the camera at half time?

Jetta - can anyone enlighten me as to how many times he's kicked more than one goal in a match for us? I suspect it's not many. For a guy in his position it's just not good enough and now even without jk and Darling in the side (which should present him with an opportunity to kick goals) he's still not able to apply scoreboard pressure. Just a waste of space ever since he's been with us. Can recall about two or three games where he's lit things up.
For a guy in his position? You mean the half back flank? :/

This is a bizarre post.

might be time to drop Jetta for Peatchurahschelelei?

Rather swap Jetta with Watson. May not get the high disposal efficiency but Watson seems to know how to get the ball and he laid 8 tackles to boot.

Ive been saying reports are Vardy is some way off fitness but with 53 hitouts and 2 goals infers that he is getting to the contest ok.

Out McInnes, Jetta, Ainsworth

In Vardy, Watson, Sheed

For a guy in his position? You mean the half back flank? :/

This is a bizarre post.
Yes he's been playing off HB mostly this year but still ends up in the forward half of the ground within scoring range. Even last year when he was playing further up the ground he didn't do much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he's been playing off HB mostly this year but still ends up in the forward half of the ground within scoring range. Even last year when he was playing further up the ground he didn't do much.
You’re really criticising our half back flanker for not kicking enough goals?

I think Jetta deserves a spray for his weak efforts in the last quarter. But he cops too much in comparison to other players, and the above is an example.

You’re really criticising our half back flanker for not kicking enough goals?

I think Jetta deserves a spray for his weak efforts in the last quarter. But he cops too much in comparison to other players, and the above is an example.

Can I hear your summary of McInnes?

Yeah, I thought so too. I wasn't that impressed. Which doesn't mean I want to drop him immediately, but he has put himself in the firing line.
I don't know his character, but I'd like to think he could bounce back after some good feedback in the post game analysis.
We're not exactly blessed with a stack of players with superb WAFL form demanding inclusion, so we are unable to drop everyone who might deserve to be dropped.
You'd think someone playing for their career might hit the contest with some passion and aggression but no, Ah chee doesn't seem to have it in him, I don't like Nelson as a player but no one could ever accuse him of hanging off the contest hoping for the easy touch, more goers and less marshmallows needed.

McInnes at least had five tackles, Ryan had 1 (though Jetta and Masten had 0). Ryan isn't doing enough, no pressure and stands off the contest. Brought him back from a long injury too early, should be in the twos.

McInnes at least had five tackles, Ryan had 1 (though Jetta and Masten had 0). Ryan isn't doing enough, no pressure and stands off the contest. Brought him back from a long injury too early, should be in the twos.
The positive with Ryan is that he could have easily had 3+ goals last night. Even when he struggles he creates chances.

Ryan is okay to continue , if he comes good we win .Persist I say , has been average though but keep giving opportunity as we are on a slippery slope, which we were going to experience ....time to keep with the youth .

ps. J Cameron is a mover also and after goal celebration is very good including getting in the face of opposition .

We could become the Disco Eagles which is okay all in good taste and entertainment .

Last edited:
I’d like us to leave a tall out this week, drop McInnes for a busy, running player such as partington. Leave Vardy in the twos for another week although he belongs at afl level in my book. The giants have their run back, we need to counter that. I’m in the drop Jetta for Nelson camp, at least the kid has genuine mongrel in him. Keep Ainsworth in, give Sheed another week at EP to have a good think about things. Keep Ah Chee he wasn’t too bad. Maybe Ryan out for Venables.

I don't think you can drop Rioli or Ryan, unfortunately WC need to play them into form. They are first year AFL players, don't expect them to be Stevie J's/Eddie Bett's after half a season. Ryan's missed 6 weeks with a broken ankle and he's still kicking goals, give the kid a break (pun intended). Rioli's pressure is outstanding. Gov's 1.2Mil over 6 became about 800k over 4 last night which is what he's worth.

Vardy will replace Mcinnes. Sheed will replace Ah Chee. Naitanui had 1 off game... He's only human.

I don't think you can drop Rioli or Ryan, unfortunately WC need to play them into form. They are first year AFL players, don't expect them to be Stevie J's/Eddie Bett's after half a season. Ryan's missed 6 weeks with a broken ankle and he's still kicking goals, give the kid a break (pun intended). Rioli's pressure is outstanding. Gov's 1.2Mil over 6 became about 800k over 4 last night which is what he's worth.

Vardy will replace Mcinnes. Sheed will replace Ah Chee. Naitanui had 1 off game... He's only human.

I thought NN was well beaten by Bellchambers last week as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back