Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m happy with the changes. I think we have to see where Sharenberg is at and I like Browns atttack in the football (though I wish he had Broomhead’s skills). All in all, fine.

We won’t look good until we have one of Elliot, Fas or Wells back though.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with your assessment, except this: he is the TYPE of player we need. Effectively we chose Oxley over him.
Oxley not as good.

But they’re all in same bracket, average types.

We have Murray now so the seed is blowing in the wind

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, Murray is the same sort of player -- and looks the goods -- but it'd be good if we had another of him, i.e. Seedsman. Anyone remember what we got for Seeds?

All of this: Crucial name JEREMY HOWE

Trade 16:

Paul Seedsman Collingwood Adelaide Pick 32 [28]
Jeremy Howe Melbourne Collingwood Ben Kennedy
Pick 68 Port Adelaide Paul Seedsman
Pick 29 Port Adelaide Melbourne Jimmy Toumpas
Pick 50
Ben Kennedy Collingwood Jeremy Howe
Jimmy Toumpas Melbourne Port Adelaide Pick 29
Pick 50
Pick 32 Adelaide Pick 68

So to sum up we got JEREMY HOWE

I defy anyone to say they’d swap Seedsman back for Howe?

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
ps I really should have added:

Seedsman has become exponentially a better player the longer he’s left our club.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy with the changes, would have liked to see Phillips out as well but that will come when We start to put together our best 22.

Going to be some interesting position changes on Saturday I reckon... looking forward to seeing how we line up.

Moore to stay down back and play on Cameron.
Dunn to line up on Patton.
Sidebottom needs to play forward for mine.
I like Brown in the middle - he looks a natural mid rather than a forward so would like to see him start there.

How about someone like WHE at full forward?

How I would like to see us line up:

B - Howe Dunn Sharenberg
HB - Murray Moore Crisp
C - Treloar Pendlebury Maynard
HF - Thomas Reid Sidebottom
F - Varcoe WHE Crocker
R - Grundy Adams Brown
INT - Langdon Stephenson Aish Phillips

Probably close to the final team but shows how little A grade talent we have on the list. So many poor users of the ball its mind boggling how the club got into this predicament.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

All of this: Crucial name JEREMY HOWE

Trade 16:

Paul Seedsman Collingwood Adelaide Pick 32 [28]
Jeremy Howe Melbourne Collingwood Ben Kennedy
Pick 68 Port Adelaide Paul Seedsman
Pick 29 Port Adelaide Melbourne Jimmy Toumpas
Pick 50
Ben Kennedy Collingwood Jeremy Howe
Jimmy Toumpas Melbourne Port Adelaide Pick 29
Pick 50
Pick 32 Adelaide Pick 68

So to sum up we got JEREMY HOWE

I defy anyone to say they’d swap Seedsman back for Howe?
Boils down to

COLL BenKen, Seeds for Howe, 68
MELB Howe,Toumpas for BenKen, 29,50
PORT 29,50 for Toumpas
ADEL 32 for Seedsman

Would take our part of the deal as easily best. There is only one top line player in that trade and we got him cheap.

I was spewing seedsman left while keeping some absolute dud's on the list. Cant blame the kid who bled black and white and just simply not rated infront of absolute spuds.
We got a better one who also bled B&W as a kid. You wouldn't do that trade again?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
True, but is now playing in a club with significantly more talent that the one he left. Probably also better coached.

He’s just playing ok, as per last season.

All clubs have basic average players.

Let’s not pretend they’re suddenly majestic types.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was spewing seedsman left while keeping some absolute dud's on the list. Cant blame the kid who bled black and white and just simply not rated infront of absolute spuds.
These decisions aren’t made in isolation.

At the time he was let go he was average and it got us Jeremy Howe as it were.

Others kept on the list at the time. Not relevant.
He is an ok type but he’s not a difference maker like Jeremy Howe.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy we got Howe out of it. But we could have kept seedsman and still got howe
Yes we could have, but that was the deal aspect at the time.
Not any sacrifice in my view.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Boils down to

COLL BenKen, Seeds for Howe, 68
MELB Howe,Toumpas for BenKen, 29,50
PORT 29,50 for Toumpas
ADEL 32 for Seedsman

Would take our part of the deal as easily best. There is only one top line player in that trade and we got him cheap.
Added bonus that we got Kennedy off the list too, as it turns out.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
True, but is now playing in a club with significantly more talent that the one he left. Probably also better coached.

Ps
better coached? Maybe?
Jeremy Howe must by that logic be better coached now than he was by Paul Roos.
Interesting theory.

Ah jmac70 you like stirring the pot. I wish Berg well this week and hope he blossoms from here.

I was one of the posters you discussed this with. You have even quoted my "well outside the best 22" comment which was made in reference to him starting well outside the best 22 for the start of the season. At the time you jumped on my comment and claimed he was clearly carrying an injury although you couldn't substantiate the claim and there has never been any reference to that and Berg seemed to play practice matches and train from the get go this pre season.

You may also recall me clarifying my remarks to you saying he would start the season well outside the 22 with these comments

"Will start VFL for the season and have to make a move from there."

"Doesn't mean he won't fight his way back in soon enough."

"This seems more plausible than the idea he is carrying an injury that keeps him out of the seniors but isn't bad enough to preclude the VFL."

So how did it play out?

Berg started the season well outside the 22 as evidenced by his non selection in the 22 or 4 emergencies despite 6 other best 22 players being MIA for round 1. He starts in the VFL last week, reportedly "looked at home at half back" in a match report on our site putting him among the standouts. Injuries and suspensions occur in the AFL side from round 1 and he fights his way back into the 22 soon enough. No signs he was ever carrying the mystery injury.

My conclusion - GC nailed it

Moral of the post - Self praise and use of the 3rd person is worthless and can make you look like a tool poster but it sure is dependable.
I’m not sure you did nail it GC. From memory I said Schazz probably has a niggle and is building up to match fitness. That may well have still been the case. Regardless, he’s back in the best 22 by round 2, which indicates he is still very much part of plans this season.

We certainly can agree on the hope that he has a great game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back