Preview Changes v GWS - Round 16, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

When the fu** did I mention Boner Brown??
The speed of a 200cm kpf is irrelevant to this conversation regarding Aaron vandenBerg

You said vfl lacks pace, yet Brown looks like the slowest bloke on the field by a mile in the vfl.

KPF who doesn't take pack marks and relies on leads to get a touch. Yet having no pace doesn't mean anything? 😂

I completely understand the point about not dropping ANB for the forward pressure he brings - but I also think Sparrow is doing it both offensively and defensively, and if a choice between the two would give him the opportuniy to try ANB's role. ANB has clearly had his quietest 3 or 4 games offensively, so it doesn't hurt to keep him hungry. I wouldn't consider dropping Spargs or Pickett, so if we're bringing in another forward in BBB then for me, ANB goes.

Will need a fit vanders for finals . He has some mongrel, perfect for coming off the bench and hurting someone 😎. Tackles like a maniac .
Yes.....we need a pitbull like him to stare down some of those dirty Geelong and Richmond goons in September.
One of the meanest looking dudes ive seen and delivers legal hospital tackles.
Fully fit he must be a chance. Pretty boys like Weideman arent going to win us a flag.
Nice guys play charity golf in September.
Bad asses play footy on the MCG in Sept.
Haw Ess Rich Geel all bad asses who win flag after flag.

Yet at the same time, both of you want grandma Brown hobbling around the forward 50 with her walking frame.

FWIW, I was with you both til I saw him play, thought he was done also..but Vanders didn't look slow at all on Sunday if you actually watched the game
My argument is more about who is he going to replace? The midfield is fine and he isn't a forward.
Brown is in my team because he is a proven lead up forward who can mark a ball and kick accurately. All he needs is separation from the other forwards and good delivery - something lacking in our team at the moment.

My argument is more about who is he going to replace? The midfield is fine and he isn't a forward.
Brown is in my team because he is a proven lead up forward who can mark a ball and kick accurately. All he needs is separation from the other forwards and good delivery - something lacking in our team at the moment.

As for who comes out, well I wouldn't play him yet, give him a few more weeks at Casey but...

Vanders can play the same role Melksham and Sparrow have this year at a better standard.

We are only one midfield injury away from needing Harmes back in there full time also.

I'd go with 0 changes this week. Bigger issue than personnel is the coaches getting the group's mindset and strategy right.

In reality they'll probably bring Brown in, if that's the case I'd leave Jones out and make Sparrow the sub. Hibberd on Greene and Harmes on Whitfield.

I'd go with 0 changes this week. Bigger issue than personnel is the coaches getting the group's mindset and strategy right.

In reality they'll probably bring Brown in, if that's the case I'd leave Jones out and make Sparrow the sub. Hibberd on Greene and Harmes on Whitfield.
Harmes to Whitfield would be terrible for us, Whitfield is the best gut runner in the game and he plays on the wing. If anybody was to run with him it would be Langdon but then we're suffering a bit offensively, think our best point of attack is just to make sure he's covered at stoppages, he's too hard to stop in free play

What a luxury to argue over who comes in, something we've not been able to do for years.
We now have decent players that can fill roles, I really hope this is the year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely understand the point about not dropping ANB for the forward pressure he brings - but I also think Sparrow is doing it both offensively and defensively, and if a choice between the two would give him the opportuniy to try ANB's role. ANB has clearly had his quietest 3 or 4 games offensively, so it doesn't hurt to keep him hungry. I wouldn't consider dropping Spargs or Pickett, so if we're bringing in another forward in BBB then for me, ANB goes.
hello strawbs

Vanders when fit isn't slow but he has the turning circle of post 94 Ox. Brown kicked 5 but couldn't get any separation on what looked to be a giant potato opponent. Joel Smith to full forward is the obvious answer here.

Vanders when fit isn't slow but he has the turning circle of post 94 Ox. Brown kicked 5 but couldn't get any separation on what looked to be a giant potato opponent. Joel Smith to full forward is the obvious answer here.

Possibly the most unimpressive 5 goal performance of all time. Vanders fed Brown two of his gimmes IIRC.

Smith to full forward for half before he gets injured and is out for 4 weeks? * it why not 👍

Possibly the most unimpressive 5 goal performance of all time. Vanders fed Brown two of his gimmes IIRC.

Smith to full forward for half before he gets injured and is out for 4 weeks? fu** it why not 👍
* yeah, take a couple of hangers, do some weird s**t, nail the * out of a tackle or two and then ping a calf and see you next year, remember not to sue us for 2019 when you can't play anymore. :rainbow:

Talked to some Brit friends. They aren’t cricket fans so they feel no sports animosity towards Australia. They’re actually huge tennis fans (going to Wimbledon Thursday). They want to get to the Australian Open at some point. They enjoyed the French implosion, but was surprised to learn they don’t really feel like there’s a big soccer rivalry with them- mostly because they admit France is always superior.
Ok. What? Good for you.

Harmes to Whitfield would be terrible for us, Whitfield is the best gut runner in the game and he plays on the wing. If anybody was to run with him it would be Langdon but then we're suffering a bit offensively, think our best point of attack is just to make sure he's covered at stoppages, he's too hard to stop in free play

Too hard to tag in free play? He's a prime example of a front running downhill skiier who loves to get it on his own terms and is very damaging when he does. Perfect type of player to tag and Harmes is the tagger in the team.
If he can tag the comps top mids I'm pretty sure he can have a crack at Whitfield, maybe with someone giving him a chop out occasionally. It's not like Whitfield is Haile Gabresallassie and Harmes is Fat Bastard.

Too hard to tag in free play? He's a prime example of a front running downhill skiier who loves to get it on his own terms and is very damaging when he does. Perfect type of player to tag and Harmes is the tagger in the team.
If he can tag the comps top mids I'm pretty sure he can have a crack at Whitfield, maybe with someone giving him a chop out occasionally. It's not like Whitfield is Haile Gabresallassie and Harmes is Fat Bastard.
Yeah Langdon tagging is a terrible idea. We use them to hold width, if he chased Whitfield through the middle it *s our structure.
Harmes or Viney be a good tag for him

fu** yeah, take a couple of hangers, do some weird sh*t, nail the fu** out of a tackle or two and then ping a calf and see you next year, remember not to sue us for 2019 when you can't play anymore. :rainbow:
This reminds me of when Joel Smith played up forward against Brissy in that practice game. Kicked a few, injured his groin but then we kept him out there, ended up kicking 4-5 goals and being 4-6 on the injury list for the entire year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back