Preview Changes v GWS - Round 16, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the fixture ahead we really can't afford to drop the games against bottom 8 sides. We by far have the toughest run home of all the sides in the 8..
Don't let the old MfcSS grip you CD.

Taking some load off players thru the season is a must, to keep them healthy and not fatigued too much, going into September.
Trust is the key to our winning, and will be needed as we navigate our way ahead.

The remaining top 8 teams rarely play each other for the remainder of the season, we can't expect them to drop too many games.
We need to beat all those outside the 8 and at least 2 inside, to maximise our chances of a decent ladder position.
We'll finish anywhere between 1st and 5th I believe.

That reminds me, have you ever heard of a commentator who consistently f**ks up players names more than BT? It's honestly like he has no idea who half the players are. And he's the head of the commentary team. That's astounding to me. Too many ex football players doing the running commentary. I love their input but nearly all pro sports around the world have professional callers with ex players as their sidekicks for special comments. The AFL love having ex players call the game for some reason..

Why does our draw feel so rough compared the other top 4 contenders? We’re 5-0 against top 8 sides and only dropped the two games, yet we’ve still got the hardest run home.

Why does our draw feel so rough compared the other top 4 contenders? We’re 5-0 against top 8 sides and only dropped the two games, yet we’ve still got the hardest run home.
Because we've only played 5 top 8 teams in 15. games. We've had a softer start so far

That reminds me, have you ever heard of a commentator who consistently f**ks up players names more than BT? It's honestly like he has no idea who half the players are. And he's the head of the commentary team. That's astounding to me. Too many ex football players doing the running commentary. I love their input but nearly all pro sports around the world have professional callers with ex players as their sidekicks for special comments. The AFL love having ex players call the game for some reason..
BT is far more interested in shoehorning in his cringe jokes and failing at making banter with everyone else to worrying himself with trivial things like players names.

I've started to mute the Ch7 commentary and stream a radio broadcast to a speaker, takes a little bit of playing around with getting the timings right (the radio streams are 3-4 seconds ahead surprisingly) but its well worth it to not have to listen to that moron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Toby kick a bunch of goals on May last time though? Think he kicked 5 for the match. I thought Hibberd would be the best matchup
Hibb is definitely the best matchup although I think it was Nev on him.

Toby was on that night and did kick 5. I think against both Hibberd and May - I'd be happy to give Hibberd first crack at Greene then swap to May if need be. Either/or.

EDIT: Yeah, as per above, it was on Nev

Remove this Banner Ad

Back