Prediction Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly the JtG is an easy shot, but the player needs to make position to get into that space while the team has possession. So what exactly is wrong with a JtG?
There are two types of gooses

1) the good type where the player pushes hard to run forward from midfield to provide an option when a team is rebounding or won possession from back of centre
2) the seagull type where a player hasn't followed his defender up the ground but benefits from a turnover through midfield and all of a sudden finds himself all alone in F50 because of his own laziness

Need to differentiate between the two

Would still be stacked in favour of the former. How many goals does Darling really create through positive actions of his own? Plenty more go begging due to his ineptitude or him going to ground unexpectedly.

By the way, the stat you're looking for is Goal Assists, of which he has five this season.

So it probably evens out then? Just remember you need to be in the right position to receive the so called "Joe the Goose" and you are not going to get it unless the team mate thinks he is under pressure or in a far worse position to convert.

Fact is he would be welcomed with open arms into 17 other club's best 22. He is probably in our best 10 -12. He is a good footballer being played out of position.

So it probably evens out then? Just remember you need to be in the right position to receive the so called "Joe the Goose" and you are not going to get it unless the team mate thinks he is under pressure or in a far worse position to convert.

Fact is he would be welcomed with open arms into 17 other club's best 22. He is probably in our best 10 -12. He is a good footballer being played out of position.
He's a good, potentially great, footballer with one non talent based very bad habit that he needs to get out of his game because it's holding him back

I wouldn't say it evens out. Again, Darling's * ups outweigh his positive contributions. He's also a squib which doesn't get reflected in stats.

If you think Darling is in our best 10-12 we must have a bottom four list. He's lucky to be getting a game and frankly if not for structural issues it should have been him dropped and not Hill.

Averages 6.8 score involvements per game which is 2nd behind JK

Not entirely certain what that proves though tbh

Fair enough, that's higher than I thought it was going to be.

I don't actually think it proves a whole lot. He gets involved in scoring passages which is good but lacks the creativity of Hill and LeCras and frankly, probably doesn't even shade them for body strength. If we had half decent forward line depth he'd have been sent for a spell by now.

OUT: Priddis, Redden, Butler, Mutimer
IN: Schofield, Nelson, Hutchings, Hill

TEAM:
B: Wellingham Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn Schofield Yeo
C: Gaff Mitchell Duggan
HF: Darling McGovern Hill
F: LeCras Kennedy Cripps
R: Vardy Shuey Sheed
I: McInnes Nelson Hutchings Masten

Time to commit to more speed and 2 way play. Get the young guys in, let them develop and take their lumps. Move Gov forward, let Darling play HFF and further up the ground. I'd like to see Lamb or Karpany get a gig, but I think Hill should come back in - I don't think he was doing much wrong to get dropped. Woudl drop Lecras, but 5 changes is a bit too high, so he gets a week to prove himself. The important thing is to be able to quickly and effectively set up the web and bring the intensity to that - without that working we are average. Gaff, Lecras, Masten would be the weak links here.

OUT: Priddis, Redden, Butler, Mutimer
IN: Schofield, Nelson, Hutchings, Hill

TEAM:
B: Wellingham Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn Schofield Yeo
C: Gaff Mitchell Duggan
HF: Darling McGovern Hill
F: LeCras Kennedy Cripps
R: Vardy Shuey Sheed
I: McInnes Nelson Hutchings Masten

Time to commit to more speed and 2 way play. Get the young guys in, let them develop and take their lumps. Move Gov forward, let Darling play HFF and further up the ground. I'd like to see Lamb or Karpany get a gig, but I think Hill should come back in - I don't think he was doing much wrong to get dropped. Woudl drop Lecras, but 5 changes is a bit too high, so he gets a week to prove himself. The important thing is to be able to quickly and effectively set up the web and bring the intensity to that - without that working we are average. Gaff, Lecras, Masten would be the weak links here.

Wellingham's unavailable mate.

Also the "move Gov forward" campaign is dead in the water. He was poor v essendon but in AA form the previous three weeks in defence. Leave him back. If you want Darling to be the third tall then I'd suggest bringing in Petrie to play as a forward.

I was implying that they were less playing silly buggers and more being incompetent :)

Yeah, I was more referring to the original post by bombard.

I'd be more concerned if it had been a couple of weeks and then they ramped it up to two months. But we're talking about a few days which would have just been spent assessing the injury. They probably waited a couple of days before even deciding it was necessary for a scan.

I wouldn't say it evens out. Again, Darling's **** ups outweigh his positive contributions. He's also a squib which doesn't get reflected in stats.

If you think Darling is in our best 10-12 we must have a bottom four list. He's lucky to be getting a game and frankly if not for structural issues it should have been him dropped and not Hill.

Which of Cripps, Le Cras, Vardey, McInness, Duggan, Hurn, Wellingham, Butler, Barrass, Mutimer or Sheed would you rate higher? As to comparing Hill with Darling ....... put them both on the trade market and see what you get for each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say it evens out. Again, Darling's **** ups outweigh his positive contributions. He's also a squib which doesn't get reflected in stats.

Mmmm the hate is strong in this one. Lol if you thing Darling isn't a good player.

Mmmm the hate is strong in this one. Lol if you thing Darling isn't a good player.

You're easily impressed. He has reasonable hands, slightly above average straight line speed, and does well to get into good positions to impact the game. Has a very good handball on the right side, no left though.

On the other hand he's s**t below his knees, has poor agility and little to no body strength for his size. He has a poor contested game and shys away from physical contact. If you ask me the weight he's put on since his early years has hindered him, he's just slower and has somehow gotten weaker.

He does impact the scoreboard but generally goes missing when the heats turned on. If there is a critical goal to be kicked, you can bank on Darling missing badly.

He's a moderate talent but what shits me is his pea heart. I don't know if you play FIFA but in FIFA rating terms he'd be a 75 on a good day.

Which of Cripps, Le Cras, Vardey, McInness, Duggan, Hurn, Wellingham, Butler, Barrass, Mutimer or Sheed would you rate higher? As to comparing Hill with Darling ....... put them both on the trade market and see what you get for each.

If you're asking me to rank them in order:

Tom Barrass/ Shannon Hurn
Sam Butler/Mark LeCras/Sharrod Wellingham/Dom Sheed
Jamie Cripps/Jack Darling
Nathan Vardy
Kurt Mutimer/Liam Duggan

The bottom three aren't really relevant comparisons as they are either young and being given experience, and/or in the side for structural necessity. Darling will never be competing with Mutimer for a spot.

The last point is silly. A 25 year old KPF will always fetch more than a 28 year old flanker. Darling also has the reputation from kicking 50+ goals in his second year. In terms of their output, they are comparable but this does not necessarily equate to trade value.

Wellingham's unavailable mate.

Also the "move Gov forward" campaign is dead in the water. He was poor v essendon but in AA form the previous three weeks in defence. Leave him back. If you want Darling to be the third tall then I'd suggest bringing in Petrie to play as a forward.

OIC, well, leave Buts in, move Nelson onto the field. It's not about Gov as a backman, more as bringing Schoey in and shifting Darling up the ground and out of KPF.

We need to be looking further than week-to-week. I see Gov taking lots of loose marks down back, but Hurn isn't taking as much. We are constantly taking the easy option with strategy and teams - we need to change things up a bit, shift focus a bit.

You're easily impressed. He has reasonable hands, slightly above average straight line speed, and does well to get into good positions to impact the game. Has a very good handball on the right side, no left though.

On the other hand he's s**t below his knees, has poor agility and little to no body strength for his size. He has a poor contested game and shys away from physical contact. If you ask me the weight he's put on since his early years has hindered him, he's just slower and has somehow gotten weaker.

He does impact the scoreboard but generally goes missing when the heats turned on. If there is a critical goal to be kicked, you can bank on Darling missing badly.

He's a moderate talent but what shits me is his pea heart. I don't know if you play FIFA but in FIFA rating terms he'd be a 75 on a good day.
Do I play Fifa? Is the pope Catholic? Under rating Darling. He's be a definite 80. At least

OUT: Wellingham (inj), Redden, Masten (omit), Barrass (managed), McInnes, Cripps, Butler
IN: Nelson, Hutchings, Jetta/ Partington, Schofield, Petrie, Karpany, Cole

The changes italics are more 50/50. The 3 non italicized are definitely what I'd like to see happen.

If you're asking me to rank them in order:

Tom Barrass/ Shannon Hurn
Sam Butler/Mark LeCras/Sharrod Wellingham/Dom Sheed
Jamie Cripps/Jack Darling
Nathan Vardy
Kurt Mutimer/Liam Duggan

The bottom three aren't really relevant comparisons as they are either young and being given experience, and/or in the side for structural necessity. Darling will never be competing with Mutimer for a spot.

The last point is silly. A 25 year old KPF will always fetch more than a 28 year old flanker. Darling also has the reputation from kicking 50+ goals in his second year. In terms of their output, they are comparable but this does not necessarily equate to trade value.
Whilst agreeing that he will not be competing with Mutimer for a spot ........ similarly he would not be competing with any of these players for a spot. What exactly is your point here?

In my opinion he is a better footballer than those I have nominated and would be ranked above them all. He would be one of the first 12 picked week in week out.
Problem is he is not a KPF as you have said he is a third tall forward playing out of position but still contributing most weeks. Apart from hitting the scoreboard he does a lot of bullocking work, score assists (apparently) and makes room for Kennedy to lead up into. The only "soft" bit about him is his playing for free kicks which, once again, I agree is a weak part of his game which he needs to stop.
As for being "silly" it was you who said that Hill should have remained in the team at the expense of Darling. Does this not mean that you consider Hill a more valuable player...... then let the market determine that? Would you have played him at CHF? If not, who? I agree that Darling can be frustrating but no where near as frustrating as Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back