Prediction Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Beverages selection mantra..
" if your not playing to the levels we want you to and living up to our standards , then you have to make way for someone else.. ...
...we dont care how what your surname is , how many games you've played or if youve won a premiership"....
Now heres a coach that gets it.

My team for this week. For those wanting Priddis dropped i agree 100% he should, but i doubt very much it will happen.

B McGovern McKenzie ( play Patton ) Hurn

HB Yeo Schofield (Play on Cameron) Sheppard

C Gaff Jetta Cripps

HF Mitchell Darling Mutimer

FF Hill Kennedy Lamb

R Vardy
RR Shuey
R Priddis

I/C Duggan - Sheed - Nelson - Petrie

INS- McKenzie , Petrie, Jetta, Hill, Lamb, Schofield Nelson

OUT - LeCras, Wellingham. Barrass, Redden, Butler, Masten Mcinnes

WOW :eek:a 30% team clean out.................

A THIRD of the side!!!!!!!!:huh:

Than again if it was the sh!t third then that's all good.:thumbsu:

OK GWS hardly have a team to choose from, it's a who's fit? OK your in.

Out: Wellingham (ankle), Redden (under performer), Butler (thanks for the memories) , McInness (need more grunt), Mutimer (had a taste now get better, time for Partington to have a crack), Barrass (gotta be better than that mate)

In: Nelson (hard and fast), Hutchings (adds more than Redden), Schofield (replaces Barrass / adds mongrel), Petrie (better than McInness adds mongrel), Hill (adds pace and pressure), Partington (time to shine in good form)

Jetta for Cripps if Cripps pulled up sore.

You're easily impressed. He has reasonable hands, slightly above average straight line speed, and does well to get into good positions to impact the game. Has a very good handball on the right side, no left though.

On the other hand he's s**t below his knees, has poor agility and little to no body strength for his size. He has a poor contested game and shys away from physical contact. If you ask me the weight he's put on since his early years has hindered him, he's just slower and has somehow gotten weaker.

He does impact the scoreboard but generally goes missing when the heats turned on. If there is a critical goal to be kicked, you can bank on Darling missing badly.

He's a moderate talent but what shits me is his pea heart. I don't know if you play FIFA but in FIFA rating terms he'd be a 75 on a good day.
I'm sorry, but I find this an absurd rant, exaggerating the negative and minimising the positive, he is easily in the top 10 players at the club. On the weekend we had the spectacle of the reigning club champion pulling out of contact, something he has done before. Let's get to work on him now and tear him to shreds, it shouldn't be too hard and then we can move on to J Kennedy, another easy target.

I'm sorry, but I find this an absurd rant, exaggerating the negative and minimising the positive, he is easily in the top 10 players at the club. On the weekend we had the spectacle of the reigning club champion pulling out of contact, something he has done before. Let's get to work on him now and tear him to shreds, it shouldn't be too hard and then we can move on to J Kennedy, another easy target.

Are you shitting me? * me, top ten players at the club. I won't even bother trying to argue with that one.

Nice try trying to compare ragging on Darling as the same thing as criticizing Shuey and Kennedy, arguably our best two players. My player criticisms have been focused on Redden and Darling - two players we are carrying at the moment.

Are you shitting me? **** me, top ten players at the club. I won't even bother trying to argue with that one.

Nice try trying to compare ragging on Darling as the same thing as criticizing Shuey and Kennedy, arguably our best two players. My player criticisms have been focused on Redden and Darling - two players we are carrying at the moment.
Redden and Darling - what an unusual pairing, reason and right perception just flew out the window here

Redden and Darling - what an unusual pairing, reason and right perception just flew out the window here

Are you kidding? Two players playing well below the standard expected from them. Neither really playing well enough to be picked week in week out yet retain their spot for structural reasons. With all due respect, you have to be quite obtuse not to pick up the connection there. I didn't say they were players of equal ability. Frankly, Redden would struggle to make our top 30.

I'd love to know what Darling as done in the past five years to justify making your top ten?

Are you kidding? Two players playing well below the standard expected from them. Neither really playing well enough to be picked week in week out yet retain their spot for structural reasons. With all due respect, you have to be quite obtuse not to pick up the connection there. I didn't say they were players of equal ability. Frankly, Redden would struggle to make our top 30.

I'd love to know what Darling as done in the past five years to justify making your top ten?
How would you argue with a blind and deaf man?

Luke Beverages selection mantra..
" if your not playing to the levels we want you to and living up to our standards , then you have to make way for someone else.. ...
...we dont care how what your surname is , how many games you've played or if youve won a premiership"....
Now heres a coach that gets it.

Was that when he dropped Liberatore or Stringer ? our equivalent would be Priddis and Darling ..

OK GWS hardly have a team to choose from, it's a who's fit? OK your in.

Out: Wellingham (ankle), Redden (under performer), Butler (thanks for the memories) , McInness (need more grunt), Mutimer (had a taste now get better, time for Partington to have a crack), Barrass (gotta be better than that mate)

In: Nelson (hard and fast), Hutchings (adds more than Redden), Schofield (replaces Barrass / adds mongrel), Petrie (better than McInness adds mongrel), Hill (adds pace and pressure), Partington (time to shine in good form)

Jetta for Cripps if Cripps pulled up sore.

why have you got Barrass as a out ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you so 'obtuse' as not to get my point. Focus on anyone's negatives heavily enough and you will always find enough or create enough evidence to hang them. It's the whole package you need to look at.

That's a bit half arsed. You're giving the whole 'logic won't work on you' approach whilst offering nothing of substance. I think most people will see through that.
Can you tell me how many teams over the last 5 years who have had two KPFs who have kicked as many goals between them and been as effective a forward combination as Kennedy and Darling?

Were you so 'obtuse' as not to get my point. Focus on anyone's negatives heavily enough and you will always find enough or create enough evidence to hang them. It's the whole package you need to look at.

No, I get your point. But you question why I would criticise both Darling and Redden. You also suggested Darling is a top ten player on our list. I responded to both.

Considering the 'whole package' that is Jack Darling, I think he is a mediocre (but not terrible) player with some talent but no heart. He has obvious flaws that will prevent him from becoming more than a role player, in my view. He probably just cracks the top 20.

Likely changes this week

Out: Wellingham (injured), Redden (soreness), McInnes (omitted), Mutineer (omitted)
In: Nelson, Hutchings, Petrie, Lamb

Can you tell me how many teams over the last 5 years who have had two KPFs who have kicked as many goals between them and been as effective a forward combination as Kennedy and Darling?

Darling benefits to an extent from Kennedy's presence. If Darling were our main go-to KPF we'd be screwed on account of his inability to take a contested mark. In 2012, granted, he excelled when Kennedy was injured, but he was also a far better player in 2012. Whether it's mental, or physical (looks slower and weaker), he's regressed slowly every year since then.

1.8 goals a game is a reasonable return over the course of his career, but when you factor in how average he is defensively (tackles as little as LeCras) and how much he shits himself at critical moments etc (I've been through this), you don't have the ingredients for a top ten player.

No, I get your point. But you question why I would criticise both Darling and Redden. You also suggested Darling is a top ten player on our list. I responded to both.

Considering the 'whole package' that is Jack Darling, I think he is a mediocre (but not terrible) player with some talent but no heart. He has obvious flaws that will prevent him from becoming more than a role player, in my view. He probably just cracks the top 20.
'Mediocre talent' - Wow, just Wow. I'm not sure how many knowledgable football experts would share your point of view on this, clearly we disagree. Seems to me like an overstatement of your case.
As to being in the top 10 players at the club, I would find it too tedious to go through the list but are you saying he is not better than Butler, Cripps, Hill, Mutimer, Redden, Hutchings, Masten, Shepard, Wellingham, Hurn, Barrass, Schofield, McInness, Vardy just to name 14 for starters?

Was that when he dropped Liberatore or Stringer ? our equivalent would be Priddis and Darling ..
Liberatore was averaging ~15 disposals a game in the 4 weeks before he was dropped and only had 8 in the game against us. His tackle numbers had dropped off as well

Priddis hasn't been at his best but hasn't fallen away anything like that

Stringer was the Bulldogs main forward target but was only kicking one goal a match in the month before he was dropped - Darling is still getting two goals a game as the secondary target

Also he was brought back for finals when Beveridge wanted him despite not playing very well in the reserves

'Mediocre talent' - Wow, just Wow. I'm not sure how many knowledgable football experts would share your point of view on this, clearly we disagree. Seems to me like an overstatement of your case.
As to being in the top 10 players at the club, I would find it too tedious to go through the list but are you saying he is not better than Butler, Cripps, Hill, Mutimer, Redden, Hutchings, Masten, Shepard, Wellingham, Hurn, Barrass, Schofield, McInness, Vardy just to name 14 for starters?

The meaning of 'mediocre' should be taken as what it is - average. I'm not saying he's not good enough to get a game, but he is very lucky to be getting the consistent run he is now.

Not necessarily in order:

Shuey
Naitanui
Kennedy
Yeo
Gaff
Priddis
Mitchell
Hurn
Sheppard
Lycett

That was easy.

Then:

LeCras
Wellingham
Barrass
Schofield (Has been squeezed out of the side due to our depth - plays his role every bit as competently as Darling)
Cripps (I'll grant you this is an iffy one, really needs to pull the finger out)

On current value to the team, you can probably throw a blanket over:

Darling
Hill
Sheed
Nelson
Butler

Ranking 15-20 players is always going to invite people to pick it apart but, I've humoured you.

Darling benefits to an extent from Kennedy's presence. If Darling were our main go-to KPF we'd be screwed on account of his inability to take a contested mark. In 2012, granted, he excelled when Kennedy was injured, but he was also a far better player in 2012. Whether it's mental, or physical (looks slower and weaker), he's regressed slowly every year since then.

1.8 goals a game is a reasonable return over the course of his career, but when you factor in how average he is defensively (tackles as little as LeCras) and how much he shits himself at critical moments etc (I've been through this), you don't have the ingredients for a top ten player.
You didn't answer my question because there haven't been any combinations as good and it's not all because Darling is riding on Kennedy's back. How about giving praise where it's due instead of making caricaturish statements.

Consider this :
Darlings stats point to him being a top 10 player His averages for 2017 are and I`m sure it matches or comes close to who ever you care to nominate ..

Marks -4.8
Tackles - 3 .1
Goals - 2.1 goals

I get frustrated with the acting and softness as well but that's only because I`m hoping he becomes a greater player ,which I believe he can be ..

You didn't answer my question because there haven't been any combinations as good and it's not all because Darling is riding on Kennedy's back. How about giving praise where it's due instead of making caricaturish statements.

I never said he was riding on his back. I've acknowledged that statistically he is a reasonable mark and goal player (even if he falters under any sort of pressured shot), whilst stating his obvious flaws hold him back from being anything more than a role player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back