Opinion Changes v GWS - Cox Ryan Sutty Grey in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask everyone with the

Out: Crozier

opinion, who exactly is going to come in and replace Crozier and do an equal or better job?

I put to you, no-one. Bennell is not ready. Grey was playing it earlier in the year and was worse. Deluca hasn't shown a tonne yet. Ballas looks cooked. Of all the players to play a small forward this year, he is the best performed. The only thing that really bugs me about Crozier is that he flies for everything. He should stay down to crumb occasionally. Other than that, he is doing ok in the 2nd worst forward line in the comp. So far from our biggest problem. He has also only played 60 odd games. No way you can be definitive about someone after that many games.

We need more patience, especially for the blokes in the forward line. It is a tough gig atm.
the only thing I would disagree with in this is that I truly believe we have the 1st worst forward line in the comp. That is all.

opinion, who exactly is going to come in and replace Crozier and do an equal or better job?

I put to you, no-one. Bennell is not ready. Grey was playing it earlier in the year and was worse. Deluca hasn't shown a tonne yet. Ballas looks cooked. Of all the players to play a small forward this year, he is the best performed. The only thing that really bugs me about Crozier is that he flies for everything. He should stay down to crumb occasionally. Other than that, he is doing ok in the 2nd worst forward line in the comp. So far from our biggest problem. He has also only played 60 odd games. No way you can be definitive about someone after that many games.

We need more patience, especially for the blokes in the forward line. It is a tough gig atm.
Deluca , croz play from rd 3 to now croz show 1 gram don't even mention tonne.

Deluca and Croz can play together. There is more than 1 spot.
I rather deluca and sutty now , let sutty play haws Langford role as HF. Croz just like to fly for the ball , good to watch but he is no collingwood Howes .

In an ideal world he'd be under more pressure for his spot, but as you mentioned we don't really have someone to come in an replace him (assuming Grey replaces Ballas).

60 odd games though is a pretty good sample size to judge someone on and he has definately regressed from last year. His goal kicking skills have deserted him and he doesn't get enough of the ball at the moment to judge his field-kicking. Another strength of his in the past was his defensive pressure and for the life of me I can't remember many tackles coming from him this year.

I rather deluca and sutty now , let sutty play haws Langford role as HF. Croz just like to fly for the ball , good to watch but he is no collingwood Howes .
Well I disagree. It also makes no sense to continue to play Sutty out of position in the AFL. He is a midfielder. Langford is a terrible comparison as well because he is just jammed in the pocket because he can't kick and it stands out in the Hawks midfield.

Out : Sean Darcy ( managed ) , ballas , croz ,spurr.

In : j. Griff , tab , Luke ryan , Cox .

Sean Darcy need a rest and GWS is the best match he can do so. 11 wafl game plus 5 AfL game is a lot for a newbie in his first season.

Darcy ain't resting against his idol. He'd be looking forward to this more then rump roast Friday's at boarding school.

In an ideal world he'd be under more pressure for his spot, but as you mentioned we don't really have someone to come in an replace him (assuming Grey replaces Ballas).

60 odd games though is a pretty good sample size to judge someone on and he has definately regressed from last year. His goal kicking skills have deserted him and he doesn't get enough of the ball at the moment to judge his field-kicking. Another strength of his in the past was his defensive pressure and for the life of me I can't remember many tackles coming from him this year.
Look, he is definitely not perfect. I am not arguing he is but he is a genuine whipping boy on here.

They say ~50 games you can get an idea but it is not a strict rule. Some blokes take much longer and some takes less. At this point in time with an almost bare cupboard for forwards, I am not sure what we gain from dropping him. Sure, hold him to account of his role but to constantly berate him for not kicking goals when NONE of the forwards do is just silly. This time next year I say be more critical because we should be developing more options, but it is way too early to be black and white with him or any other others with similar experience.

Any player can have the yips (which he seems to have). No doubt his confidence is not sky high at the moment. Also, his tackles numbers are usually ok if you look at game stats. I don't notice either but I don't really notice any player in particular tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is 10th for average tackles from our list. Not great, but not bad considering he isn't playing midfield. Darcy is our #1 tackler by the way. As much as it would be nice to see Crozier lay more tackles, the same goes for the likes of Neale, Fyfe and Mundy. They are way behind pretty much all the top mids.

Crozier? 5th in total tackles for us for the year....

Spurr set to miss three with a calf injury, so he can be added to the confirmed outs.

I'm sure this will upset some more then others... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back