Prediction Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Gray gets a lot of flak on here but it's interesting to compare him to Puopolo who btw gets selected every week by the world's greatest coach. Basically similar types. Stat wise Sam performs better in most areas.

Sam is a whipping boy. But is actually a pretty good player. If we had an extra tall forward like we should he wouldn't be our tall forward

We haven’t seen Lycett and Ryder together, while Dixon is in the team. Makes a massive difference.

I do agree, I would like to see how Ryder works as a forward with Dixon in the side. Let’s not go around calling it “adventurous” it’s not, it’s going back to something that failed earlier in the year hoping that it won’t now.

Ryder doesn’t like playing as the second ruckman who plays mainly forward and I suspect that’s the main reason he doesn’t succeed in that role.

It’s typical Hinkley. Something hasn’t worked previously but maybe it will this time.

We haven’t seen Lycett and Ryder together, while Dixon is in the team. Makes a massive difference.
Sure it'll help, but real adventurous would be playing all of Dixon, Howard and Ryder/Lcyett forward. We know if Ryder comes in Howard will go back and it'll still be Dixon, Dixon, Dixon, as only focus when he's forward (our 'spare' players as he's double, triple or quadrupled teamed off having a tea party by the boundary line or 80 metres up the field) or both Dixon and Ryder will be up the ground kicking to Sam Gray as our KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale Lewis was pretty good on the Ken/Pyke stuff. He said with regards to Pyke, if you are going to play an older side like he keeps doing - you absolutely have to win. You can't have experienced sides and continue to lose as that gives the supporters nothing to look forward to and it also doesn't develop your talent.

He said the same for Ken, if you're going to play Sutcliffe ahead of youngsters then you have to win, which is a fair assessment.

Same thing with co-captains. Claim it's going to help you win games, then you had better ******* win games.

Dale Lewis was pretty good on the Ken/Pyke stuff. He said with regards to Pyke, if you are going to play an older side like he keeps doing - you absolutely have to win. You can't have experienced sides and continue to lose as that gives the supporters nothing to look forward to and it also doesn't develop your talent.

He said the same for Ken, if you're going to play Sutcliffe ahead of youngsters then you have to win, which is a fair assessment.

Same thing with co-captains. Claim it's going to help you win games, then you had better ******* win games.
Yep.

Playing Sutcliffe and not playing Frampton and Garner immediately invalidates the excuse of missing finals because we are focused on development.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I only saw the first quarter against Richmond but Sutcliffe looked okay in that. Did he do nothing after qtr time or something?

Like I understand the issues with him, but he seemed much better than Kane Farrell’s last effort.

I would prefer Woodcock obviously, but he looked much better than against Fremantle IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back