Preview Changes V Hawks (Cox, Elliott, Ramsay & Thomas in; Schaz, Brown & Reid - gulp! - emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidebottom says "what about me"???

Yep throw him on the pile........only guns deserve five years (Pendles) the rest don't.

That's one of the problems at the Pies we overrate our players.

Yep throw him on the pile........only guns deserve five years (Pendles) the rest don't.

That's one of the problems at the Pies we overrate our players.
Bit harsh...
To an extent, agree with you about over-rate.
Maybe Treloar, then? Grundy maybe? and if Moore comes on as we hope, at the end of his current contract, 5 years wouldn't be that bad? Don't you think?

I'm concerned that Reid's omission is another example of an older Pies player being cooked before he hits 30. We dont seem able to keep our veterans going. His injuries and apparent frailties (for a big guy!) may have finally taken a toll. Disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh...
To an extent, agree with you about over-rate.
Maybe Treloar, then? Grundy maybe? and if Moore comes on as we hope, at the end of his current contract, 5 years wouldn't be that bad? Don't you think?

Grundy yes.........the rest 3 years is more than enough. At the end of the day they "have" to want to be at the Club a contract shouldn't be the reason they stay. I use Reid as an example because he has become wayyyyy to comfortable at our Club.

I know someone close to the Blues recruiting department (yes I will have another shower after I typed that) and they are only offering one year contracts now and no big $ contracts.

Reward players but no more superannuation contracts.

I will use a Saintlyism........Premierships = success = reward and I am not talking monetary.

I stand corrected MB........ok let me review no more four year contracts ;)

Its like our list managers suffer from the same affliction as King Arthur in Monty Pythons Search for the holy grail.

One...two...five!

No..three sire!

I just hope we never face the killer rabbit.

Treloar's on a 6 year deal. The exception...?

...........and Treloar.

We only have two elite players in our team IMO.........Pendles & Treloar.

I still think long term contracts are fraught with danger.

If it wasn't for Cox's 6 goals I suspect we'd be getting both Keeffe and Thomas this week, in fact I wasn't even thinking JT this week but I thought Keeffe might be a shot after his magoos performance.

Disappointing selections. I shake my head everytime i see Langdon in the team, Breust will kick 5 on him and if hes on Silicly he will kick 5 and if hes on Gunstan he will kick 5. It wont matter who hes on they will kick 5, the hawks will pump us. The meltdown that WILL happen around 6pm Sunday will be epic reading.

In that case play him on Fasolo.

Grundy yes.........the rest 3 years is more than enough. At the end of the day they "have" to want to be at the Club a contract shouldn't be the reason they stay. I use Reid as an example because he has become wayyyyy to comfortable at our Club.
I know someone close to the Blues recruiting department (yes I will have another shower after I typed that) and they are only offering one year contracts now and no big $ contracts.

Reward players but no more superannuation contracts.

I will use a Saintlyism........Premierships = success = reward and I am not talking monetary.
Is that for all players, or staff only? I Heard we are only offering short term contracts for staff.
(Oh, and doesn't the players EBA require 1st round draft pick to sign a minimum 2 year contract?)

But for the Blooze, they have nothing to lose.. There are only a couple of players you would want to poach (Casboult is not one of them..)

Is that for all players, or staff only? I Heard we are only offering short term contracts for staff.
(Oh, and doesn't the players EBA require 1st round draft pick to sign a minimum 2 year contract?)

But for the Blooze, they have nothing to lose.. There are only a couple of players you would want to poach (Casboult is not one of them..)

Minimum contracts at the Blues for players and staff........rightly so if you knew what Gibbs was on in his first year of this contract currently.

Our staff are only on short term contracts this year in line with Bucks also.........as it should be.

Long term contacts are too risky for a club, avoid them unless you really need to offer them for quality.

Unless the player is a Buddy, Lockett, Pendles......etc then caveat emptor.........buyer beware.

Wonder if JT will get the green/red vest?

On a serious note his numbers pre suspension playing a half forward role with some midfield minutes we're pretty good considering he started or got handed the sub vest (so glad that rule hsd been abolished)

Really hope he has a good game

Hahahajahhshahafutsvbj ssv

Let's retain Langdon after 2 shitful games but drop our most talented swing man 1 week after returning. Reeks of a stealth injury to Reid.

Or we're tanking.

Or both.

Either way the match committee have officially lost the plot now.

But Langdon got over 100 champion data points! 100!! Champion data points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back