Preview Changes V Hawks (Cox, Elliott, Ramsay & Thomas in; Schaz, Brown & Reid - gulp! - emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone close to the Blues recruiting department (yes I will have another shower after I typed that) and they are only offering one year contracts now and no big $ contracts.
I knew they were doing that with coaches etc. But are you sure they're doing it with players. I thought Sam Petrevski-Seton had already signed a long-term extension halfway through his first season?

Wonder if JT will get the green/red vest?

On a serious note his numbers pre suspension playing a half forward role with some midfield minutes we're pretty good considering he started or got handed the sub vest (so glad that rule hsd been abolished)

Really hope he has a good game
In my opinion Thomas was robbed of the three Brownlow votes in the second last AFL game he played which was against GWS Rd 21 2014.

Someone down at the club talked about him being elite on the inside with his hands I think, but we need his speed and tank foremost.

I knew they were doing that with coaches etc. But are you sure they're doing it with players. I thought Sam Petrevski-Seton had already signed a long-term extension halfway through his first season?
Yep. You're right..Petrevski-Seton signed a four year extention to his contract a few weeks ago, and has been secured until 2021.

Dunn and Langdon ahead of Reid?
Y
As good as Dunn has been, his best game is not a match to Reid's game last week. There has to be something else happening here. Late change?

With all these selection controversies, I think it is time for me to withdraw from these more menial pursuits and concentrate my energies on my burgeoning business empire. I feel the untramelled pursuit of wealth is a good after all. We are supposed to be doers, not leaners, makers, not takers, grifters, not...I have no idea. Anyway, if the Collingwood selection panel has gone to hell, what is left to hold onto in life? When institutions previously known for sober logic and reasoning are shown, after the tissue thin veil is cast aside, to have all the rational basis of a One Nation branch meeting, nothing matters any more. Not words, like compassion, honesty, integrity, managed, rested, balance. Nobody likes words like balance anymore. Balance can get ****ed.

In that spirit, and after this, who knows where life is going. Black is white, up is down, Reggae may actually be cool, Carlton supporters may actually be human beings. Too much uncertainty is a cruel thing. It bites deep I say, deep, like a Korean exchange student unable to appreciate drunken aussie male humour. Some may blame it on the bright lights, some on the good times, but I point my hoof at the boogie and say, j'áccuse!

Also, after a corrupt and venal judiciary found in favour of the Korean Exchange Student in her claims for mental anguish, I may need some cash rather pronto.

So, I take this opportunity to launch my first product, a signature fragrance from Bad Homme...orse. Wear it on Sunday to raise your middle finger at whatever target of opportunity you deem appropriate. To register your protest at whatever it is you are protesting against at this time or any other time really im not fussy. Wear it to cover up the scent of goat for all I care. Unlike others, I'll let htat first goat slide.

Todays male needs a proper scent. A manly scent. No more floral tones and subtle fragrances. You dont want to smell like your heterosexuality is even remotely in question. You want a scent Sam Newman would have a beer with.

You want to walk into that bar and be noticed. You want every woman there to be intrigued, or at least appalled, because being noticed is all that matters right?

The kind of scent for the spotty thirteen year old boy who has just discovered girls about the time he realises he smells like a dog thats rolled in s**t and has to content himself with the contents of his dad's Google Chrome cache. The same scent that spotty teen will buy years later when 6 years at Scotch, 4 in the Melbourne Uni Commerce Club, and 5 years at Macquarie have improved only one out of three of his personal hygiene, emotional maturity and bank balance.

Subtle? Subtle be ****ed. This is a new world, and it needs a new fragrance. A manly fragrance, cheap to manufacture and with enough ozone depleting contents to render us all needing SPF factor 1000 soon (by chance my next product).

You want

Stallion.

Stallion...from the house of Guy le Coq Roache.

Unsheath yours, today.

Stallion...I'm not on a horse. I am a ******* horse. Beat that, cucks.

*Only $2199.95 plus GST. Official scent of Mar-a-Largo. Not to be sold to minors, the immunosupressed, anyone with a lung, or in any state except the Northern Territory without a hazardous goods permit.

**Official Scent Partner of the AFL and Collingwood football club. After all, if we can get hot and horny with Viagogo, anything short of selling virgins for slavery is basically a case of moral growth.

That is strange. Maybe pace was the decider?

It's not that strange. We desperately needed another dedicated small defender for team balance. It's more a decision to play Langdon over Scharenberg. I wasn't as critical of Langdons game last week as some but surely you need to reward a 35 disposal game from Scharenberg in the twos?

A half back line lined up against Cox and Fasolo is going to have a field day. Those are probably the two worst players on our list at applying defensive pressure. Buckley is likely trying to stretch an undersized defense. But for it to work Cox needs to mark the ball, something he hasn't shown a great ability to do. If Cox brings the ball to ground, our ground level forwards don't lend themselves to winning the crumb or locking the ball in either. That forward balance is frankly a mess. The positive is Cox will get every opportunity to prove himself. Massive game for him and his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good changes but left Schade out. I would've gone Schade in for Reid.

So you'd play all of Dunn, Goldsack, Howe, Langdon AND Schade in the same back line? You're nuttier than the match committee!

I'm concerned that Reid's omission is another example of an older Pies player being cooked before he hits 30. We dont seem able to keep our veterans going. His injuries and apparent frailties (for a big guy!) may have finally taken a toll. Disappointing.

I was thinking the same thing. If Reid is cooked our spine is looking dire. Hell our spine was already looking dire.

I understand some people are disappointed with the team, hell, I even posted saying I wasn't sure about Langdon over Scharenberg, but really, these epic melts like "we are the most poorly ran side" are tiring TBH.

If you're going to melt, at least wait until we lose the game (if we do).

Well said!!! Sometimes it's easier to bitch and complain before the race is run.

With all these selection controversies, I think it is time for me to withdraw from these more menial pursuits and concentrate my energies on my burgeoning business empire. I feel the untramelled pursuit of wealth is a good after all. We are supposed to be doers, not leaners, makers, not takers, grifters, not...I have no idea. Anyway, if the Collingwood selection panel has gone to hell, what is left to hold onto in life? When institutions previously known for sober logic and reasoning are shown, after the tissue thin veil is cast aside, to have all the rational basis of a One Nation branch meeting, nothing matters any more. Not words, like compassion, honesty, integrity, managed, rested, balance. Nobody likes words like balance anymore. Balance can get ******.

In that spirit, and after this, who knows where life is going. Black is white, up is down, Reggae may actually be cool, Carlton supporters may actually be human beings. Too much uncertainty is a cruel thing. It bites deep I say, deep, like a Korean exchange student unable to appreciate drunken aussie male humour. Some may blame it on the bright lights, some on the good times, but I point my hoof at the boogie and say, j'áccuse!

Also, after a corrupt and venal judiciary found in favour of the Korean Exchange Student in her claims for mental anguish, I may need some cash rather pronto.

So, I take this opportunity to launch my first product, a signature fragrance from Bad Homme...orse. Wear it on Sunday to raise your middle finger at whatever target of opportunity you deem appropriate. To register your protest at whatever it is you are protesting against at this time or any other time really im not fussy. Wear it to cover up the scent of goat for all I care. Unlike others, I'll let htat first goat slide.

Todays male needs a proper scent. A manly scent. No more floral tones and subtle fragrances. You dont want to smell like your heterosexuality is even remotely in question. You want a scent Sam Newman would have a beer with.

You want to walk into that bar and be noticed. You want every woman there to be intrigued, or at least appalled, because being noticed is all that matters right?

The kind of scent for the spotty thirteen year old boy who has just discovered girls about the time he realises he smells like a dog thats rolled in s**t and has to content himself with the contents of his dad's Google Chrome cache. The same scent that spotty teen will buy years later when 6 years at Scotch, 4 in the Melbourne Uni Commerce Club, and 5 years at Macquarie have improved only one out of three of his personal hygiene, emotional maturity and bank balance.

Subtle? Subtle be ******. This is a new world, and it needs a new fragrance. A manly fragrance, cheap to manufacture and with enough ozone depleting contents to render us all needing SPF factor 1000 soon (by chance my next product).

You want

Stallion.

Stallion...from the house of Guy le Coq Roache.

Unsheath yours, today.

Stallion...I'm not on a horse. I am a ******* horse. Beat that, cucks.

*Only $2199.95 plus GST. Official scent of Mar-a-Largo. Not to be sold to minors, the immunosupressed, anyone with a lung, or in any state except the Northern Territory without a hazardous goods permit.

**Official Scent Partner of the AFL and Collingwood football club. After all, if we can get hot and horny with Viagogo, anything short of selling virgins for slavery is basically a case of moral growth.
You had me until, Carlton supporters may actually be human

The stables are not dry. I repeat, the stables are not dry.

Moist. I like that word. Moist.

And flange. And gusset.

Hmmmmmm

I'm concerned that Reid's omission is another example of an older Pies player being cooked before he hits 30. We dont seem able to keep our veterans going. His injuries and apparent frailties (for a big guy!) may have finally taken a toll. Disappointing.
I suppose the Goldsack is an example of an older injury prone Pie turning around the other way. May be a one off.

A half back line lined up against Cox and Fasolo is going to have a field day. Those are probably the two worst players on our list at applying defensive pressure. Buckley is likely trying to stretch an undersized defense. But for it to work Cox needs to mark the ball, something he hasn't shown a great ability to do. If Cox brings the ball to ground, our ground level forwards don't lend themselves to winning the crumb or locking the ball in either. That forward balance is frankly a mess. The positive is Cox will get every opportunity to prove himself. Massive game for him and his career.

I think that points gets pushed too much. In his AFL matches he hasn't been able to get on the end of enough uncontested marks but that will come. His contested mark numbers have always been excellent. In his 5 VFL matches this year his marking stats have been off the chart. Especially the contested marks where he has averaged 3.4 a game which is extraordinary. He is an inexperienced KPF who still needs time. Think he will surprise a few people today.

Important game but nothing like make or break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back