Preview Changes V Hawks (Cox, Elliott, Ramsay & Thomas in; Schaz, Brown & Reid - gulp! - emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2014 I took my daughter to her first game late in the season. On the way home (we won - Elliot was a star) I assumed she would pick Elliot as her favorite player. She then said that Josh Thomas was her favorite. Then months later she asked me how Josh was going and I had to tell her about the drug thing. Here we are two years later and I got the pleasure of telling her that he was back after two years of hard work. A word of warning to the office chair champions on this site...he is a much better footballer than he was given credit for. Fast, good hands, excellent kick and can kick a goal or two.
The 'office chair champions' is a good variation on the usual keyboard warrior reference.

I understand some people are disappointed with the team, hell, I even posted saying I wasn't sure about Langdon over Scharenberg, but really, these epic melts like "we are the most poorly ran side" are tiring TBH.

If you're going to melt, at least wait until we lose the game (if we do).

Funny you should say that, I'm very close to a former Collingwood person in a reasonably senior position who tells me otherwise.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cox - 16 goals from 5 games
Kirby - 21 goals from 8 games
Mayne - 14 goals from 8 games

If only Kirby was fit enough to play at AFL level where all players have to push up the ground in the defensive structure.

Hopefully he can press for selection next year after another he gets another solid preseason in him and sheds a few kegs.

If only Kirby was fit enough to play at AFL level where all players have to push up the ground in the defensive structure.

Hopefully he can press for selection next year after another he gets another solid preseason in him and sheds a few kegs.
So you're saying I have to Kirb my enthusiasm til next year?

hbo-curbyourenthusiasm-header.jpg

Yeah, but...but look at that disposal efficiency!

I was more taken by the number of goals he conceded to his direct opponent and on the turnover in the reserves in that fortnight before the bye...

I was more taken by the number of goals he conceded to his direct opponent and on the turnover in the reserves in that fortnight before the bye...

I'd say you were a glass-half-empty kind of guy, but in Schade's case I suspect that the glass might be one-quarter full with a nasty crack at the bottom of it. But hey, look at that disposal eff...and there it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you should say that, I'm very close to a former Collingwood person in a reasonably senior position who tells me otherwise.

So you're telling me someone who presumably got sacked is saying we are poorly ran? I'm shocked to be sitting here.

About this time tomorrow the Langdon, shaz argument should be known one way or the other.
It will be seen as a good move, or egg over the coaches face

I'm concerned that Reid's omission is another example of an older Pies player being cooked before he hits 30. We dont seem able to keep our veterans going. His injuries and apparent frailties (for a big guy!) may have finally taken a toll. Disappointing.
Long term and 30 and continued good form, not words often together down at the Holden Centre.

That's an issue we could think more about

The 'office chair champions' is a good variation on the usual keyboard warrior reference.
It's clever isn't it.

Might have to use that one at times.

Nice to have a little word play at times

I think you'll find there will be people on here that know this Collingwood person, or that Collingwood person, present or former.... and these individuals will all have their own opinions based on their experiences and assessments.
Hearing from them will undoubtably have differing opinions.
Some will be classic melters, woe is to me, others more stoic. Some pragmatic, some erratic.

Just because someone is of Collingwood only means they have experience of football of a more intimate nature.

Does not make them any more correct or not, whichever way they swing.

And my own experiences of these individuals are as disparate as any other grouping of people.

(And I respect all of them and their views as different as they may be.)

Alternatively we will ne none the wiser and the debate with continue indefinitely.
To true, could be a draw so to speak. There will be some not happy no matter what happens tomorrow, so will argue even if the move prove to be right also

FMD! TG has started referring to himself in the third person.
You're his biggest fan in these parts.

You mean he didn't tell you he was referring to himself.

Saintly better have a word to him about that.

Has TG revealed himself to be Fasolo? What a plot twist
Would explain so much.
Except never begged TG as the athletic type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back