D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
But still has a year to run on a contract. Surely the club just pay it out.
McLean racking them up again today in the VFL, how he wasn't given a crack ahead of him is bewildering.
I'm not Bev but it looks like consistent service in the twos earns the reward of selection, the pathway includes emergency and if really close, as med sub. Rourke Smith must have been doing what the coaches wanted him to do, consistently.

I'm not Bev but it looks like consistent service in the twos earns the reward of selection, the pathway includes emergency and if really close, as med sub. Rourke Smith must have been doing what the coaches wanted him to do, consistently.
However, as we've discussed ad infinitum on this board, the coaches have got it wrong on numerous occasions this season. Roarke Smith has been a reasonable but ordinary performer at VFL level and his promotion does not appear warranted. How he is in the 22 and McLean not is a mystery that defies logic.

badkicking

Senior List
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
However, as we've discussed ad infinitum on this board, the coaches have got it wrong on numerous occasions this season. Roarke Smith has been a reasonable but ordinary performer at VFL level and his promotion does not appear warranted. How he is in the 22 and McLean not is a mystery that defies logic.
If consistency at VFL Level is a criteria, how doesn't the Shack get a game in front of some of the duds like Cordy, interesting comment re Bruce, regaining form in a bye round, Bruce was never a superstar, his reputation seemed to have increased in his injury break.

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
Here is the Logic

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 56
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 57

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
I would argue Bev has got plenty wrong for a number of years now.
team selection is just another one.

His cellar is now full of Bathwater Blanc.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I don't agree at all with the assessment of some about Bev. He and the Selection Committee do make mistakes, one glaring one stands out. The garbage that constitutes discussion on Bev's abilities is just that. This is do or die for the season. I'll trust Bev and the Selection Committee over the amateurs on this board.

I don't agree at all with the assessment of some about Bev. He and the Selection Committee do make mistakes, one glaring one stands out. The garbage that constitutes discussion on Bev's abilities is just that. This is do or die for the season. I'll trust Bev and the Selection Committee over the amateurs on this board.
268f58acb0295c38aee3dd043b2bcd6b

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
I would argue Bev has got plenty wrong for a number of years now.
team selection is just another one.

His cellar is now full of Bathwater Blanc.
Whilst not in the inner sanctum, I distil a pattern to selections and it clearly relates to who fulfils assigned roles. This week's ins and outs are conservative and proper yet page after page of amateur know-it-alls go apoplectic.

Players who don’t subscribe to the Bevo mantra have found themselves ousted from the preferred playing group.

It’s pretty obvious when players like VDM, Martin and Rourke get games ahead of others that have been performing. What does McLean have to do in order to get a look in?

BBBaz

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Go back and watch the last quarter of the Final we lost against St. Kilda, maybe 2018, Roarke Smith was out marked 3-4 times in the last quarter in a game we should have won, he was not the worst in the G/f last year, but you will not win a premiership with fringe players like Roarke and Cordy.
We won a Premiership with Corey.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Go back and watch the last quarter of the Final we lost against St. Kilda, maybe 2018, Roarke Smith was out marked 3-4 times in the last quarter in a game we should have won, he was not the worst in the G/f last year, but you will not win a premiership with fringe players like Roarke and Cordy.
We won one with Cordy

I feel like we are walking into a booby trap this game.

Mitchell made a comment in a recent interview along the lines of Dylan Moore wasn’t going to get re contracted, but he played so well in his last game they offered him one.

I can’t help but feel that is a challenge thrown down to his players.

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
To work out da jokes ya gotta get da code book

day+at+the+races.jpg
True, not having a massive week helps. I was knackered yesterday, not exactly skipping through the buttercups in the meadow, otherwise I might have been on board.

True, not having a massive week helps. I was knackered yesterday, not exactly skipping through the buttercups in the meadow, otherwise I might have been on board.
I didn't get it either :) Hope you have a better week, starting today!

Back