Prediction Changes v Hawks - Rd 22, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Young is not better but we receive a net benefit if English plays forward. Tim‘s leading patterns are more natural than Naughts and his kicking action and follow through is extremely good. Yes he misses more than he should but I have more confidence In him. He is our best option forward and significantly more dangerous than Schache, Young and co.

So we may lose a little more in the ruck (is debatable) around the ground hopefully if is as good if not better than Tim but Tim forward creates a dangerous aerial threat, takes pressure off Naughts, Tim will bring the ball to ground more than other forward options. We are a better team with him forward.
I tend to agree with the Timmy forward and we'll take our chances in the ruck.

But you could almost run it like special teams in American Football. Timmy is forward at centre bounces and does a handover with Naughts if it goes down the other end. TBH I'd rather have Timmy between the arcs as he's a better distributor and Naughts could drag someone back to be one on one isolated I50 or the closest to goal anyway.

Could do something similar with Daniel. Start him at half fwd at CBs and if it goes the other way he hands over with someone at half back who might be a quicker and better aerial defensive option against a quick cb release by the opposition.

With Stef's fitness not looking great and Bruce out, I'm definitely more inclined to put Timmy up fwd to maintain structure and run Lewy for the next 2 games in the ruck and backup KPD. Lewy has shown that he can be a serviceable utility.
With all the recent injuries it would be short-sighted of Bevo's if we didn't look at all possibilities.
Leave no stone unturned for a quest at a premmie.
I wonder if it would make a difference if the sub was discretionary like it was in its first guise, ie you could play Martin for 2.5 quarters and let Tim take over late.

It’s moot I guess. If it’s a risk he’ll break down it’s probably too big a risk. Hopefully he persuades them he’s good to go come finals. With Bruce out and English as sole ruck I’d be worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back