Unofficial Preview Changes v Hawks Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a powder puff of a penalty.... again if there was consistency it would be fine but others like that and worse are let go, you could bet your last dollar that if a Pendlebury, Petracca, Dusty did the exact same action it would not even be looked at.

I think for it to be worth a suspension Hipwood has to actually exert some force to make him hit the ground hard

Live, I thought trouble. Add the Brisbane tax and I am not surprised. Technically correct decision, but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hippy's a million to one of getting that reduced.

That moron on fox footy who said Rankine ran 25m already had him convicted. The only thing he picked out of our game.

Hipwood getting rubbed out for giving it to someone is something I'd like to see more examples of nonetheless. But not for a dangerous tackle.

John Ralph basically petitioning for Hipwood to cop a week (maybe he’s right) but it’s the arrogant way he goes about highlighting these incidents and talking up Michael Christian has no other choice yada yada ywt you know if it was a player from say a Collingwood he’d be downplay it.

Question is, do the AFL feed information about what they are going to do before it's announced?

I hate the fact we’re suspending guys over what “could” happen, not what did. Webster irons out Frederick who is now concussed, yet he’s right, but we’ll suspend the guy that didn’t injure his opponent and who the umpires paid a free to. That madness is so typical AFL.

Question is, do the AFL feed information about what they are going to do before it's announced?
Ever wondered how Fox Footy with a young green journo who basically knows zilch is able to highlight one incident that was completely unnoticed by the crowd or anyone on the field and put it up 10 minutes after the game and nail the suspension and set it up as a talking point ?

They do it every week. These journos just aren't that prepared or savvy of the game to be able to pinpoint a triviality out of 120 minutes of footy.

It's fed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back