Changes V Hawks ROUND 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the hawks continue to play the way they are they'll kill us.

out: Coleman, Lester, Fullarton, Birch, Daniher. Rested Harris Andrews.

In Archie, Berry, Berry, Ballenden(for Harris), Joyce, McFadyen

Archie plays ruck, leaving Big O to play in the goal square.
Young Berry plays pressure forward.
Joyce takes pressure off Lyons or Zorks
McFadyen replaces Daniher.

Hawks drawing against the demons goes to show the evenness of the season, any team can have a field day against any team on the ladder position so we shouldn’t be too harsh on ourselves. With ongoing COVID disruptions, now it’s really about how well a team can prepare to play at 💯% rather than who has the best form or talent so personally I would be focusing on that instead of disrupting our team structure even more through wholesale changes.

Hawks drawing against the demons goes to show the evenness of the season, any team can have a field day against any team on the ladder position so we shouldn’t be too harsh on ourselves. With ongoing COVID disruptions, now it’s really about how well a team can prepare to play at 💯% rather than who has the best form or talent so personally I would be focusing on that instead of disrupting our team structure even more through wholesale changes.
I watched Demons and Hawks last night and if i was setting the odds would have the Hawks favourites this week. They are an incredibly young team though, so we shouldn't be too worried giving one or two of ours a run in that game.

Unsure who though. 🥺

I watched Demons and Hawks last night and if i was setting the odds would have the Hawks favourites this week. They are an incredibly young team though, so we shouldn't be too worried giving one or two of ours a run in that game.

Unsure who though. 🥺

Really don’t think Fagan will drop any key player because they had one of two poor games, that’s never been his style so if any changes do happen it will be likely through an unforeseen injury.

The issue with bringing in reserves players is that they haven't had the match conditioning to have the tank to run out a game . Besides who have we brought in so far that's made any difference really.

I actually don't mind getting outplayed from the get go and belted in an off night. I don't like the way we've been a couple in front looking in control the last 2 weeks and been unable to up the pressure gauge when the opposition had a crack. It's a sign of staleness and tiredness.

Fages needs to find a way of freshening the guys up . We're obviously struggling depth wise when we have Froggy on their best forward.

If we can't beat Hawthorn after 2 weeks of losses to teams outside the eight then we don't deserve our spot . I think we'll win. Don't see what changes we would make that would improve us barring injuries.

The issue with bringing in reserves players is that they haven't had the match conditioning to have the tank to run out a game . Besides who have we brought in so far that's made any difference really.

I actually don't mind getting outplayed from the get go and belted in an off night. I don't like the way we've been a couple in front looking in control the last 2 weeks and been unable to up the pressure gauge when the opposition had a crack. It's a sign of staleness and tiredness.

Fages needs to find a way of freshening the guys up . We're obviously struggling depth wise when we have Froggy on their best forward.

If we can't beat Hawthorn after 2 weeks of losses to teams outside the eight then we don't deserve our spot . I think we'll win. Don't see what changes we would make that would improve us barring injuries.
That's the thing isnt it, i dont know who we bring in either, but if anyone is carrying an injury that a week's rest would be wonderful for, then maybe this is the week to spell them and replace them with someone fitter given the opponents this week are very young themselves.

Given their game last night they may beat our current team anyway so seems to me a risk worth taking IF the week's rest would be really beneficial to a Harris or starcevich or Neale and get them right for the crucial run home.

Outs- Jaxon Prior, Grant Birchall, Keidean Coleman.

Ins- Tom Berry, Callum Ah Chee, Tom Joyce.

That would cause major chaos in the fixture. Couldn't see how it would work
It actually wouldn’t. Both dees and hawks take on the QLD teams next week at the moment and also both the dees and hawks take on the dogs and crows in 2 weeks and the dogs and crows play each other next week. It affects no more than 6 teams all up. Very intertwined and can very well work especially if Victoria is a no go zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing I would say going against Fullarton is he did have a run of 4 games at the start of the year. Serviceable but made way for McStay.

19-20 seasons we ran the two rucks, Oscar resting forward with Stefan/Archie rucking.

could revert back to that structure as some have said. I would go

OUT: fullarton, Coleman
IN: Smith, Ah Chee

Looks like it might be Gold Coast at the Gabba next week.

How's McCarthy looking for this one? The AFL.com.au report says he suffered a chest injury on Friday night. Is it serious or will he just take a few days off training and back up next week?

Well, if the hawks continue to play the way they are they'll kill us.

out: Coleman, Lester, Fullarton, Birch, Daniher. Rested Harris Andrews.

In Archie, Berry, Berry, Ballenden(for Harris), Joyce, McFadyen

Archie plays ruck, leaving Big O to play in the goal square.
Young Berry plays pressure forward.
Joyce takes pressure off Lyons or Zorks
McFadyen replaces Daniher.

It’s too late to rank for good draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Little snippet in the news that there could be a fixture swap and we could play Gold Coast next week instead of R20. Saves both teams travelling interstate. Personally I'd take a game at the Gabba at the moment, just what we need.

Which news is this?

I've been out most of the day so a bit out of the loop

Jon Ralph in the Herald Sun (twitter). It does make sense from a logistical POV I think.

Ok Thx.

I just don't see the need to bring forward Us v Gold Coast given that Queensland looks like it is the best bet for games anywhere in the near future

Don't they try to get Lions v Hawks away first in Tasmania for example?

If Queensland gets locked down anytime soon , the whole comp is screwed anyway isn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back