Preview Changes v Hawks round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I kind of forget Melksham is still on the list, probably should have retired like Jones, but each to their own.
His kicking still stands out at VFL level, but he's getting reasonable midfield minutes there so he's getting more ball. Parked on a hff in the 1s he'd struggle to have an impact.

Been on the wall for a year now id say. Dare say we would have delisted him if he wasn't under contract last year.
Is the mid season draft on this year?

He is currently stuck on 195 games of AFL. Maybe we could make an arrangement with some club to take him, and get him the 5 games required.

200 games is life membership, if i'm not mistaken.

Stoked Bedford is getting rewarded.

Hes s**t imo. Hate to go all danster but im still yet to see him kick left footed (being serious)

Would rather see Chandler get a game.

Is the mid season draft on this year?

He is currently stuck on 195 games of AFL. Maybe we could make an arrangement with some club to take him, and get him the 5 games required.

Im not sure you can do that mate

To be honest I kind of forget Melksham is still on the list, probably should have retired like Jones, but each to their own.

Dont blame him, if we are paying him 300k-400k id play VFL all year too.

Hes s**t imo. Hate to go all danster but im still yet to see him kick left footed (being serious)

Would rather see Chandler get a game.
I like Bedford (disclaimer: I know his cousin so probably want him to succeed).

He’s the closest thing we have to Pickett for leg speed and he’s also close to ANB for endurance.

He’s not a high end talent ball in hand but I think he has enough tools to play a role in Melbourne’s system when Pickett, Spargo or ANB are unavailable.

Chandler is clearly more talented ball in hand, but the two times he’s got on the ground at AFL level he’s got quite a bit of game time and just looked way off the pace.

I like Bedford (disclaimer: I know his cousin so probably want him to succeed).

He’s the closest thing we have to Pickett for leg speed and he’s also close to ANB for endurance.

He’s not a high end talent ball in hand but I think he has enough tools to play a role in Melbourne’s system when Pickett, Spargo or ANB are unavailable.

Chandler is clearly more talented ball in hand, but the two times he’s got on the ground at AFL level he’s got quite a bit of game time and just looked way off the pace.

I got nothing against him personally, just dont think hes afl standard.

Have you ever seen him kick left footed in a game mate? Genuine question, every time I watch VFL hes either wheeling onto his right all the time or kicks a checkside instead of on his left as all players do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever seen him kick left footed in a game mate? Genuine question, every time I watch VFL hes either wheeling onto his right all the time or kicks a checkside instead of on his left as all players do.
Absolutely staggers me that you can get into the AFL system and not have learned to kick opposite foot. These guys are coached by full time professional coaches in the junior system from U15s/U16s minimum.
How do you not learn this skill?

Absolutely staggers me that you can get into the AFL system and not have learned to kick opposite foot. These guys are coached by full time professional coaches in the junior system from U15s/U16s minimum.

We had another aboriginal kid on our list a few years back that couldn't kick left footed either I'm pretty sure.. can't remember his name but think it was Johnstone?

I’ll keep an eye out for it, haven’t really thought to pay attention with so much of my focus on looking for left hand hand passes.

Tomo, Baker, Chandler and Mitch Brown the emergencies.

Surprised we went with two talls given the weather and talk of other smalls being out with covid
Crazy Yze strikes again.

With the heavy flood tactics, one sided was sufficient. But as the game has opened up, and more run speed whilst kicking, dual side comes back into play.

Good to see Hawks supporters up and about with our outs, their best shot at us they'll get for a while.
I agree it gives them a better shot, but I also remember when Melbourne were rubbish thinking the same sort of thing when the opposition had several outs, and then watching a seven goal pasting instead of the standard 12 goal pasting at the hands of a power club.

The COVID outs plus Salem (and Hibbo) are really just a pretty bog standard list of unavailable players many clubs run with each week.

Like Richmond last week with Martin, Grimes, Lambert, Pickett and some assorted others.

Despite the “But Melbourne have never had any injuries, wait until they finally have some” rhetoric (we’ve had a good run no doubt and had minimal injury to the guns last year) there have been at least three out each week so far in 2022 and they’ve coped just fine.

If the Hawks get up it will be on merit, not because of Melbourne’s outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back