Preview Changes v Hawks round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have the depth to cover the losses, yeah it helps the Hawks but they also have some players out which is harder for them to cover, so I would say If Hawks are good enough to win its on merit.
Our players out, will interfere with our systems fluency. I reckon we will look a bit rusty.
At least having these players missing, should guard against what could have been some mental complacency.

I felt that after the last match. We were a bit off with some of our players. Maybe they were coming down with Covid?
I thought we looked ready to drop a game.

They just need to stick to the basics and continue to do them well while they execute the game plan. This team as it stands certainly has the cattle to get it done.

Pretty sure the team had a few showboating moments last week and it seemed like ANB thought he was 200+ CM and build like a tank with all the tackles he tried to break. If they play like that and lose I would find it very frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not zero impact, just saying having a list of unavailables of that size and quality is pretty common. It’s not a disaster or unmanageable like the Eagles were in the early part of the year.

Hawthorn are missing Lewis, Jiath, Reeves, McEvoy and Phillips themselves, and are “resting” (despite Granger-Barras being an emergency while rested?!?) another couple. I’d argue Melbourne’s outs are probably better players on balance, but it’s not miles different.
Haha also in these stupid well these guys didn't play posts it always assumes the players out would play well. Jacko didn't exactly tear it up last week and Pickett's had slow weeks aswell.

Gunston and Breust are permanent class and have carved us up for as long as I can remember.

Wary of the Hawks. We belted them first up last year but it was a real scrap until 3QTR time and then they drew with us on a second meeting (Breust kicking the goal).

Not sure If I love our matchups. Missing a Hibberd to play on Breust. Hate the Hunt on Breust matchup if it happens. Obviously we've got one of the best defensive systems out there, but some of the 1v1s are a little awkward.

Would like to manipulate the match-ups to get Lever onto Moore or one of their other smalls to get his intercept game going after his slow start to the year. Smith could go to Kozi and use his leap to just spoil everything. May can play on Gunston. Just worried with Smith and Hunt who aren't the smartest footballers and Breust/Gunston/Moore being pretty crafty.

Bout of MFCSS gripping me about this game
Exactly. Gunston, Breust and Shiels have destroyed us on a regular basis. To say the forwardline is bleak with these players running around is a bit rough. Very dangerous players still and Moore is the type that will kick a few on us as well in the wet. We should be winning this game and winning it comfortably, but the weather will bring the scores closer and 4 very good young players out doesn't help. Will be very interesting to see how we go. Hawks nothing to lose, I'm tipping this will be very tight..

Haha also in these stupid well these guys didn't play posts it always assumes the players out would play well. Jacko didn't exactly tear it up last week and Pickett's had slow weeks aswell.
Not true Kent. Every out we have ever had would have been key in ensuring a win.

I will leave you all now, and see if they have a spot open on the Western board

Not true Kent. Every out we have ever had would have been key in ensuring a win.

I will leave you all now, and see if they have a spot open on the Western board
I was just remembering all those Western supporters who predicted we'd be a one season wonder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back