Review Changes v Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
We know for sure that Swallow will miss and won't play again this year, so he's out. Patrick also likely to miss after a hamstring injury.

Hall has a minor tweak, but I think should be fine.

Now that we've won that game, I think we're pretty much set to just roll home. So it wouldn't surprise me to see a few fringe players get game time to see how they're worth come the seasons end.

I think Hickey will also be an in, simply because I don't think we can rely on Dixon to be a full time ruck. Despite how hard he goes at it of course.

Normally I would rate Flanagan a chance to play, but he didn't exactly set the world align in the 2s. I don't think Jolly even played.

Finding it difficult to get motivated and excited about the last 3 weeks. What I'll be looking at mostly is how the fringe players conduct themselves.

We know for sure that Swallow will miss and won't play again this year, so he's out. Patrick also likely to miss after a hamstring injury.

Hall has a minor tweak, but I think should be fine.

Now that we've won that game, I think we're pretty much set to just roll home. So it wouldn't surprise me to see a few fringe players get game time to see how they're worth come the seasons end.

I think Hickey will also be an in, simply because I don't think we can rely on Dixon to be a full time ruck. Despite how hard he goes at it of course.

Normally I would rate Flanagan a chance to play, but he didn't exactly set the world align in the 2s. I don't think Jolly even played.

Finding it difficult to get motivated and excited about the last 3 weeks. What I'll be looking at mostly is how the fringe players conduct themselves.
id be looking forward to the carlton game, could win if we get a decent side on the park
this week could be a belting, depends how the hawks line up.. whether they rest players

Gee you blokes have been savaged by injury after reading your injury thread!

Be interesting to see how we line up this week with a couple of certain outs in Rioli and Gibson!

Franklin, Roughead and Shiels should all return.

Havn't seen your mob live yet so looking forward to that and watching the great GAJ go about his usual business!

Honestly, I'll be watching the GWS/Melbourne game just as much as this one.

We've done all we can to avoid the spoon. Considering our injuries and the obvious class differential, I don't even care that much about the final score. Obviously I would be peeved if the players just went through the motions and didn't at least try, but a big loss won't worry me. I'm mostly keen to see how the fringe players go about it. Hopefully the players can play with some of the shackles off. There is absolutely no pressure on this one, since we've done all we can already. I wonder if we'll see a big difference?

Like I said, we've avoided the spoon right now, and to me, that's what really matters at the moment. Unless Melbourne lose of course. :(

Honestly, I'll be watching the GWS/Melbourne game just as much as this one.

We've done all we can to avoid the spoon. Considering our injuries and the obvious class differential, I don't even care that much about the final score. Obviously I would be peeved if the players just went through the motions and didn't at least try, but a big loss won't worry me. I'm mostly keen to see how the fringe players go about it. Hopefully the players can play with some of the shackles off. There is absolutely no pressure on this one, since we've done all we can already. I wonder if we'll see a big difference?

Like I said, we've avoided the spoon right now, and to me, that's what really matters at the moment. Unless Melbourne lose of course. :(

I agree, we won our grand final, not getting 2 spoons in a row and squaring the ledger with the Giants.

When we have been so decimated by injury I just don't see the logic in not playing Josh Fraser
For all his faults he will take some physical pressure, we can rest our young ruckmen and cotton-wool them into the pre-season
The last 3 matches of this year are of no importance other than sustaining or worsening injuries
For what it's worth I think GWS will beat Melbourne on the weekend

Unfortunately since we got beaten by Melbourne, we're relying on another team to do the job for us. Much like the situation last year, where Melbourne had to beat Port in Darwin in the last round to give them the spoon and not us.

Needless to say, Port won.

Hopefully the Dees can do the job this time. ;) I think they can. GWS will still be missing some key ingredients such as Shiel and Ward. Melbourne, despite playing at Manuka, should be able to cover them. Though I expect GWS to threaten.

Unfortunately since we got beaten by Melbourne, we're relying on another team to do the job for us. Much like the situation last year, where Melbourne had to beat Port in Darwin in the last round to give them the spoon and not us.

Needless to say, Port won.

Hopefully the Dees can do the job this time. ;) I think they can. GWS will still be missing some key ingredients such as Shiel and Ward. Melbourne, despite playing at Manuka, should be able to cover them. Though I expect GWS to threaten.

Although I haven't followed GWS super closely they don't seem to have the "big quarter" blowouts we do, which leaves them in touch with the lower teams
If they're within 3 or 4 goals of melbourne final term Manuka expect them to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iles any chance at all? Saw somewhere listed 1-2 weeks, surely with all the injuries the guy would get a game now if fit? Really like seeing players given a second chance like Stanley & Iles and think both are quality.

No chance. Still injured.

I am going to have to grab some of that, those odds are just too good not to have a punt
You thinking on the line or straight out Iva?

Sportsbet also has a choose your own line market. You could probably get something good around the 72 point line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back