Changes v Hawthorn - OUT Tyson (ill) IN Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Weid is more than ready I don't want him in the team. He's been a liability so far (that's OK for a skinny key)
We aren't a developing side anymore we are a side who needs to win and Melk has been scratchy but he's kicked about 9 points for the year. He will eventually kick 3 or 4 in a game and help us win one, it's more likely than Weid doing the same anyway.

Unless Weid is more than ready I don't want him in the team. He's been a liability so far (that's OK for a skinny key)
We aren't a developing side anymore we are a side who needs to win and Melk has been scratchy but he's kicked about 9 points for the year. He will eventually kick 3 or 4 in a game and help us win one, it's more likely than Weid doing the same anyway.
Yeah I doubt Weid comes in. Also Melksham has been named on the field and not the extended bench. Doesn’t mean a lot but he’s probably not being dropped. I expect it’ll be Gus, Garlett, Wagner, and Fritsch with Weid, Stretch, Hannam, and Hunt to miss

I wonder what’s wrong with Dom? I hope he isn’t too unwell. It would be really unfortunate if he has something like smallpox. Especially considering the disease has effectively been eradicated - that would make him very, very unfortunate.

I wonder what’s wrong with Dom? I hope he isn’t too unwell. It would be really unfortunate if he has something like smallpox. Especially considering the disease has effectively been eradicated - that would make him very, very unfortunate.

He has black plague I believe

He has black plague I believe
black lung.

Caught it from working in the mines for a day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would love to see weid but is he up to it? I haven't been following the vfl, by the sounds of it weid has been playing well. If he gets a game he's definitely earned his spot, I don't think Goodwin is the type of coach who will gift a spot for development reason unlike the ways of the past.

Yeah I doubt Weid comes in. Also Melksham has been named on the field and not the extended bench. Doesn’t mean a lot but he’s probably not being dropped. I expect it’ll be Gus, Garlett, Wagner, and Fritsch with Weid, Stretch, Hannam, and Hunt to miss

Pretty sure that if you’re not named in the extended bench, you are safe. Our 4 bench players must be picked from the extended bench list.

So you’re right - Melk is safe.

Goodwin is generally very committed to like for like replacements so you would think Brayshaw is very likely, with Stretch or Hunt outside chances.

i reckon it will be
out- Tyson, Melksham
in- Brayshaw, Weideman

Tyson ill? its interesting that they haven't even included him on the bench to give him a chance to get up for Sunday. got good depth so not taking any risks maybe? Brayshaw gets his chance you'd think.

Weideman i reckon will play as a deep forward and pinch hit in the ruck, when needed. I don't want to see a repeat of last week when Petracca took a ruck contest. and someone has to go out, so it might be Melksham.
Wouldn’t drop Melksham. He is a gun. He is the kind of player that’ll respond to a good old fashioned serve to lift his game. I reckon he responds this week.

I reckon go with Tyson for brayshaw like for like I guess, as much as I don’t like Wagner I’ll swallow my pride and say he’s been alright and I hope Jayden can get in some form and come back into the seniors soon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wagner has been one of our better players. In fact he has been fantastic in our backline.

I would love to see weid but is he up to it? I haven't been following the vfl, by the sounds of it weid has been playing well. If he gets a game he's definitely earned his spot, I don't think Goodwin is the type of coach who will gift a spot for development reason unlike the ways of the past.
Doing well at VFL and from what I’ve seen at AFL level thus far he hits the contest hard. I just think right now he is on the peripheral but if he continues his VFL form he’d be hard to ignore.

Probably just chucking a sickie to binge on Netflix and play Xbox hoping Goody doesn't ask him to show a doctors note for missing 1 day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where the Tyson - Gus "like for like" is coming from.. Dom is a great clearance player, have not seen Gus win alot of those. Also does not accumulate near the numbers that Dom does. The better games Gus has played have been as an outside player IMO. If we want an outside player coming in Id go with Hunt over Brayshaw because I think he is more damaging at this point in their careers. Brayshaw needs to be getting 30+ touches a week in the VFL to warrant a game IMO. ANB was doing 35+ for about 6 weeks before he got taken seriously.

I also think its funny that everyones screaming for Brayshaw after just play just GOOD rather than GREAT in the VFL but isn't willing for Weid to be rushed in.

Last edited:
Gus in for Tyson and that should be it.

Is Hannan a chance to come in for Fritsch?
Right now Fritsch provides more. Has been able to produce some scores from rubbish entries

Not sure where the Tyson - Gus "like for like" is coming from.. Dom is a great clearance player, have not seen Gus win alot of those. Also does not accumulate near the numbers that Dom does. The better games Gus has played have been as an outside player IMO. If we want an outside player coming in Id go with Hunt over Brayshaw because I think he is more damaging at this point in their careers. Brayshaw needs to be getting 30+ touches a week in the VFL to warrant a game IMO. ANB was doing 35+ for about 6 weeks before he got taken seriously.

I also think its funny that everyones screaming for Brayshaw after just play just GOOD rather than GREAT in the VFL but isn't willing for Weid to be rushed in.
in my opinion Tyson is playing better on the wing where he can find a bit of space and rack up possessions. like last week, he comes off the square at centre bounces and is good at finding the ball going against the traffic and quite often wrong foots opponents because he's a left footer. too often when he plays inside mid he gets his kicks smothered trying to kick it too much and not being agile and quick enough in tight. Oliver, Salem, Jones and Petracca should do the bulk of the clearance work imo.
Gus can fill that outside role as well and can play inside and out. people forget how good he was as a first year player onball, before the concussions. he has only really had a chance in the side since then as a role filler/bench player.
I don't think we need yet another forward flanker type like Hannan in the side to butcher the ball going forward when we already have Melksham, ANB, Harmes, Fritsch, Bugg, Kent already. just my opinion anyway.

in my opinion Tyson is playing better on the wing where he can find a bit of space and rack up possessions. like last week, he comes off the square at centre bounces and is good at finding the ball going against the traffic and quite often wrong foots opponents because he's a left footer. too often when he plays inside mid he gets his kicks smothered trying to kick it too much and not being agile and quick enough in tight. Oliver, Salem, Jones and Petracca should do the bulk of the clearance work imo.
Gus can fill that outside role as well and can play inside and out. people forget how good he was as a first year player onball, before the concussions. he has only really had a chance in the side since then as a role filler/bench player.
I don't think we need yet another forward flanker type like Hannan in the side to butcher the ball going forward when we already have Melksham, ANB, Harmes, Fritsch, Bugg, Kent already. just my opinion anyway.

Agree.. but I said Hunt not Hannan.

Hunt has that line breaking speed and can also stick with Isaac Smith defensively.

Hunt has that line breaking speed and can also stick with Isaac Smith defensively.

Great call. I'd set up someone to tag smith before Mitchell. Reckon smith is the most underrated player of their premiership era. He's a gun.

yeah sorry my mistake. but my point is bringing in Gus in for Tyson is a like for like in my book.
Hunt hasn't been in very good form so far this year, has he turned it around in 1 week? maybe running him with Smith like you say, could run him back into form maybe.

Great call. I'd set up someone to tag smith before Mitchell. Reckon smith is the most underrated player of their premiership era. He's a gun.

Yep! There's only so much impact Mitchell can have if we bring team pressure on the players around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back