Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have lost another 3 this week. Bit of a revolving door at the mo. Anyway, we have lost our 2 best ( only ) pressure forwards in Switta and Shooter. This this reason Treacy has to come in. You know he will keep the opposition backs honest. Logue needs a gallop in the magoos so Watson in for Young. Fyfe in for Colyer. Sturt for Switta.

If the weather is dry then:

Ryan-Cox-Hughes
Wilson-Chapman-Watson
Acres-Fyfe-Aish
Frederick-Taberner-Cerra
Walters-Treacy-Sturt

Darcy-Brayshaw-Serong

Meek-Mundy-Giro-Conca
Sub Blakely

Otherwise if it is wet then maybe swap Meek for Henry.

Peel: Logue, Western, Dumin, Crowden, Valente, Banfield, Noddy, Thomas

Munted: Lobb, Young, Tucker, Switta, Pearce, Hammer, Bewley, Schultz, Walker, Hill

Acres wont ever be dropped with this many infuries. Sturts already been noted as a definite WAFL. Treacy must have Blakely'd Justins daughter or wife.

Acres doesn't provide anything to the team atm. Jlo must take a stand and drop at LEAST one person for Sunday's performance. We were bullied and no one stood up. I point the finger at the more senior players in the team - Acres, Aish, Colyer, Hughes etc. If Fyfe comes into the midfield and floating forward, Acres has to be the obvious choice out.

Lyon was criticised for having his 'favourites' and I think the same thing is happening with Jlo. He has to take a stand on Sunday's performance. It will be a cop out if the only changes are because of injury.

Acres doesn't provide anything to the team atm. Jlo must take a stand and drop at LEAST one person for Sunday's performance. We were bullied and no one stood up. I point the finger at the more senior players in the team - Acres, Aish, Colyer, Hughes etc. If Fyfe comes into the midfield and floating forward, Acres has to be the obvious choice out.

Lyon was criticised for having his 'favourites' and I think the same thing is happening with Jlo. He has to take a stand on Sunday's performance. It will be a cop out if the only changes are because of injury.
Acres isn't going to be dropped because Longmuir values his run on the outside and the junk possessions that he gets even though he does absolutely nothing with them.

OK here goes,

Out:
Switta, Shultz, Young, Colyer, Acres

In:
Henry, T B Cohuna, Duman/Watson , Fyfe, Banners

I think it might be time to push Cerra to the wing for most of the game with Fyfe and Banners rotating through the middle and forward and Duman/Freddy moving to wing when Cerra is resting or in the middle. A lot of moving parts so probably wont happen but Cerra is a great wing and needs to make some room for a bigger body in the middle at times if we are to win a game or two.

Edit: maybe the cheers in the change rooms today was Valente finally being found in his locker under a pile of Lyons harassment complaints and winning the clubs hid n' seek championship from 2019.
Valente in for Acres and Cerra to a wing!!!!!!

Last edited:
JLo actually took a stand last year dropping Acres after the Geelong game for being too soft, that sort of decision sets the standard at a footy club. It will be interesting to see if we’re willing to compromise our hardness because of a few injuries.

Really there should be 5 changes, 3 forced and at least 2 omissions.

Acres isn't going to be dropped because Longmuir values his run on the outside and the junk possessions that he gets even though he does absolutely nothing with them.

My concern is that no players will be omitted due to form after that performance against Carlton. It breeds mediocrity
Unfortunately that is an injury issue not a coach wants to reward mediocrity issue. If we dropped all the under performers we would have no bench.

Agreed. Walters/Conca/Colyer/Mundy (even though he did do well enough to be left off the sht list),Acres all stood off the contest 90% of the game. You cant have that from that many senior players. Mundy cant act as captain, because hes too nice a guy. Walters disregards what he says and jsut blazes away thinking hes the bees knees. Concas too busy running around like a chook with his head cut off in defense to assist mids, Colyer loves running into open space.. too bad its not with the ball and its not when people are kicking to him, and Acres runs up and down the wing, and players jksut roll off him and let him tire himself out because they know hes not going to tackle them, and hes not going to kick it to anywhere important when he doest have it.

I said in a different thread, you simply cant have Colyer, Acres and Blakely in the same lineup as they all do the same thing under JL... run around confused and alone.

So I since Sturt is a definite no (according to master planner Jlo) the team will look like this

FB - Hughes Cox Ryan
FB - Watson Wilson Chapman
M - Cerra Acres Mundy
Alternate FB - Crowden Fyfe Banfield
Almost FF - Taberner Frederick Henry
FB Followers - Serong Brayshaw Meek
Int FB's - Giro Darcy Walters Aish
Sub - Blakely

So many Fullbacks.

Would rather see Treacy in for Darcy, Valente in for Acres and Walters told to sit in the forward 75 and not leave that area or cop a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel team sheet released
Henry, Banfield, Thomas, Crowden, Logue playing for Peel
For Peel: No Treacy, no Sturt, no Blakely, no Duman - are they the four ins/sub after all? Please be so
No Valente either - general soreness no doubt

Suddenly I'm feeling a hell of a lot calmer
Seems three injury outs and Henry dropped, four ins out of Treacy/Fyfe/Sturt/Blakely/Watson/Duman

Peel team sheet released
Henry, Banfield, Thomas, Crowden, Logue playing for Peel
For Peel: No Treacy, no Sturt, no Blakely, no Duman - are they the four ins/sub after all? Please be so
No Valente either - general soreness no doubt
Where is this? Can't see it on the WAFL site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back